napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Very high SHBG, all other values normal?

username1025

Hi all,

I am posting here since this looks to be one of the most educated forums when it comes to interpreting blood work. I am at a bit of a loss with my values and what they might mean for a potential first cycle. I was suffering some symptoms of (what I thought might be) low test but all of my values came back normal except for a very high SHBG value. Is there anything I should know about how this might impact a 350 mg/wk Test E cycle?

Height: 6'1
Weight: 190
Body fat %: Not sure
Years of training: 12, but not as consistent as I should have been at various periods
Complete cycle history (compounds, doses, lengths of time, when they were run): None
PCT for each cycle: N/A
Goals: The usual (fat loss, muscle gain)
Supplements (if any): Various vitamins and minerals, nothing at high dosing
General idea of nutrition (any food allergies???): Nothing
Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.): A few minor injuries at any given time, currently rehabbing golfers elbow and sore mid-back

Bloods: https://imgur.com/a/5Sy7VRk

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am posting here since this looks to be one of the most educated forums when it comes to interpreting blood work. I am at a bit of a loss with my values and what they might mean for a potential first cycle. I was suffering some symptoms of (what I thought might be) low test but all of my values came back normal except for a very high SHBG value. Is there anything I should know about how this might impact a 350 mg/wk Test E cycle?

Height: 6'1
Weight: 190
Body fat %: Not sure
Years of training: 12, but not as consistent as I should have been at various periods
Complete cycle history (compounds, doses, lengths of time, when they were run): None
PCT for each cycle: N/A
Goals: The usual (fat loss, muscle gain)
Supplements (if any): Various vitamins and minerals, nothing at high dosing
General idea of nutrition (any food allergies???): Nothing
Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.): A few minor injuries at any given time, currently rehabbing golfers elbow and sore mid-back

Bloods: https://imgur.com/a/5Sy7VRk

Did they check your a1c, blood sugar or lipids? You wrote don’t know for BF — are we talking don’t know like probably 10-14% or don’t know like 20-30?

Reason I ask is high SHBG is associated with obesity and insulin resistance.

If you have any of those issues it’s going to 1. Detract from what you get out of a cycle 2. Amplify risks.

What SHBG does from the perspective of PEDs is it “soaks up” serum test (or total test) and reduces free test. So I’m not surprised based on high SHBG thaf you’ve got symptoms of low T despite being at a v healthy 874 for being 32.

Im not saying categorically don’t cycle but you’d have a bunch better time if you figure out your SHBG first.

PS - read about how drugs like turinabol and I think Winstrol lower SHBG thereby amplifying the effects of T. Worth considering as a work around although it’s better for YOU and your health if you understand why your SHBG is high in the first place.

Last edited:
Did they check your a1c, blood sugar or lipids? You wrote don’t know for BF — are we talking don’t know like probably 10-14% or don’t know like 20-30?

Definitely not 20+. I personally don't think self-estimates are any good but I would guess myself at 15%. A1c and insulin were not measured but all of my other values were in range (except a slight elevation in MCV). Here are the other values you mentioned:

Glucose: 88
Cholesterol: 127
LDL: 74
HDL: 34
Trigs: 96

What SHBG does from the perspective of PEDs is it “soaks up” serum test (or total test) and reduces free test. So I’m not surprised based on high SHBG thaf you’ve got symptoms of low T despite being at a v healthy 874 for being 32.

Im not saying categorically don’t cycle but you’d have a bunch better time if you figure out your SHBG first.

PS - read about how drugs like turinabol and I think Winstrol lower SHBG thereby amplifying the effects of T. Worth considering as a work around although it’s better for YOU and your health if you understand why your SHBG is high in the first place.

Well I was surprised my free test was solidly in the normal range with such a high SHBG. Do you have any ideas for ways to reduce SHBG? Just try for more fat loss? My cardio/respiratory fitness is horrible; could that have an effect? I would prefer to avoid anything beyond basic Test C/E for a first cycle.

Thanks for the input so far!

Top Bottom