napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Under the knife / 2-6 Wks, NO WEIGHTS ????

svanimost

Tomorrow is the day, I will be going under the knife. Hernia style !! First major surgery 47 yrs. Not really worried about the surgery or the outcome , but I've never been put under before. My nurse said one minute, I'll be talking & next out. Coming to an hour later saying, Well what's going on ? & She saying that it's all done . Kind of freaky??
Now what the F am I going to do, for all that lost time ??? Looking on line & the only thing that's recommended in my case is walking ??? What am I going to do? Walk , Where to Alaska ??? I'm going to being going bat shit, being stuck home with my batshit wife !!!!

Best to rest and walk... come back and lift to early and you split that back open.. then it will be 12 weeks... I had double hernia surgery ... go to your gym and do a slow treadmill .... watch the ladies go by!! lol

Best of luck to you bro. Recover and don't push yourself and set yourself back further

Fuck that I had same deal and was back in gym 4 days later curling 70's, benching 225... checking stitches after every set in case they busted and I had to retuck the guts in and go back to the hospital.

Reread that... didn't sound very smart. Lol never take my advice lol.

Definitely rest. You will go bat shit though. Just practice some meditation and do a ton of reading ;).

Also, I've been out under many of times. You will get something to relax you and they will do ok here we go... just try to stay awake. It won't happen. You will sleep the best sleep ever and then wake up and it's over. Smooth sailing. Then the recovery BS starts. Best to you.

Definitely rest. You will go bat shit though. Just practice some meditation and do a ton of reading ;).

Also, I've been out under many of times. You will get something to relax you and they will do ok here we go... just try to stay awake. It won't happen. You will sleep the best sleep ever and then wake up and it's over. Smooth sailing. Then the recovery BS starts. Best to you.
Right...lol... you tell the Docs that.. Your going to try to fight going under and they kindof laugh and give you that look and within 1 or 2 sec its nigh night time.... and next ya know your waking up in post op

You will be good brother!! I am praying for you!! I think you should use the time off to formulate a plan for you next goal!! Write down training protocols that have worked for you, nutrition plan, cardio plan, psychological plan. Do some research and learn some new thing to implement into your new plan to become the ultimate you!! I also think this is a perfect time to train the mind. Use meditation to work on your ability to stay focused on a single task. Recognize how often distractions arise and take you away from your focus!! Sounds corny but not many people work on the taming of their minds. It's a powerful tool in anything you do including weight lifting. Most people can't stay focused for 10 reps! You will be back and better then ever bro!!!

Carmel Cowboy is completely right

Physically using a writing tool to actually sit down and write your goals, both short term and long term, on paper, is a huge. Read up on how many successful people recommend doing that, it's the overwhelming majority!

Do some reading and listening to guys like Eric Thomas, Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, even good old CT.

2-6 weeks to refresh your mind and come back with a vengeance! A lot of guys don't talk enough about how much your mindset is involved in this lifestyle, but it's just as important as a healthy body!

Carmel Cowboy is completely right

Physically using a writing tool to actually sit down and write your goals, both short term and long term, on paper, is a huge. Read up on how many successful people recommend doing that, it's the overwhelming majority!

Do some reading and listening to guys like Eric Thomas, Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, even good old CT.

2-6 weeks to refresh your mind and come back with a vengeance! A lot of guys don't talk enough about how much your mindset is involved in this lifestyle, but it's just as important as a healthy body!
I agree!! Everything starts and finishes in the mind!!!!!

Hey bro... Sorry I didn't get in on this thread sooner. Back at the beginning on April I was making A LOT of progress in the gym especially the prior 4 weeks. I had this odd swelling in my lymph node that I noticed on the 8th of April the first time... By the 10th I was at my desk in my office during a meeting and feeling so light headed and had cold sweats. By 4pm I had a 102.5 degree fever and could hardly stand, then came the migraine. It was the WORST headache of my life. I spent the next day in the ER getting tested for mono, menigitis, flu, strep and yet my only symptoms were massive lymph node swelling (only the right one in my neck) and a fever, some mild pain. Within a week I was getting prepped for emergency surgery and was told that I would be out of commission for about 3 weeks ( before I could return to work ) and 4-6 weeks before I could reasonably exercise again. Surgery went well, it was my first major surgery as well. They removed a tonsil and a lot of tissue that was necrotic in my neck. Pain was unbearable at times and the narcotics we're not nearly enough at times. That was exactly 17 days ago I went under the knife. I have been eating solid food and making my macros for 9 days now. I started my push/pull/leg return, heavy, last Friday. I've been back at work for over a week. Everything they said I couldn't do, I've done. I like the idea of a goal sheet. Another thing I did was a gratitude list. It was a wake up call. I'm no longer 21, 10ft tall and bullet proof. I made a gratitude list. Thankful for my family and girl being there, thankful for good insurance, thankful for a solid surgeon. I made a goal list. My goal was to be back in the gym by 21 days out. I crushed it.

Now you and I have different surgeries. Yours is specifically more prone to exercise induced complications, but my point is, be practical, listen to your body and crush that shit dude!

Worst case scenario, you have 6 weeks to heal and get mentally prepared for the onslaught to come.

Hoping for the best and quickest recovery possible!

Fuck that I had same deal and was back in gym 4 days later curling 70's, benching 225... checking stitches after every set in case they busted and I had to retuck the guts in and go back to the hospital.

Reread that... didn't sound very smart. Lol never take my advice lol.
All good Man, I don't think I'll take the route of re tucking guts ? I think that's a little out of hand, but the 44 doesn't get out of hand ?or Does he ? LOL.
Everything good Bro , a little sore. Can walk fine , but see tomorrow .. Will re evaluate as time goes by. Believe me, I'll be adding everything I can, to heal fast !!!!! I don't like waiting, but will be playing this safe !!!!

You will be good brother!! I am praying for you!! I think you should use the time off to formulate a plan for you next goal!! Write down training protocols that have worked for you, nutrition plan, cardio plan, psychological plan. Do some research and learn some new thing to implement into your new plan to become the ultimate you!! I also think this is a perfect time to train the mind. Use meditation to work on your ability to stay focused on a single task. Recognize how often distractions arise and take you away from your focus!! Sounds corny but not many people work on the taming of their minds. It's a powerful tool in anything you do including weight lifting. Most people
can't stay focused for 10 reps! You will be back and better then ever bro!!![/QUOTE

Thanks CC, you have a way of relaxing the situation, I enjoy that. Kind of like Stopping & taking time to smell the
flowers !!

Hey bro... Sorry I didn't get in on this thread sooner. Back at the beginning on April I was making A LOT of progress in the gym especially the prior 4 weeks. I had this odd swelling in my lymph node that I noticed on the 8th of April the first time... By the 10th I was at my desk in my office during a meeting and feeling so light headed and had cold sweats. By 4pm I had a 102.5 degree fever and could hardly stand, then came the migraine. It was the WORST headache of my life. I spent the next day in the ER getting tested for mono, menigitis, flu, strep and yet my only symptoms were massive lymph node swelling (only the right one in my neck) and a fever, some mild pain. Within a
week I was getting prepped for emergency surgery and was told that I would be out of commission for about 3 weeks ( before I could return to work ) and 4-6 weeks before I could reasonably exercise again. Surgery went well, it was my first major surgery as well. They removed a tonsil and a lot of tissue that was necrotic in my neck. Pain was unbearable at times and the narcotics we're not nearly enough at times. That was exactly 17 days ago I went under the knife. I have been eating solid food and making my macros for 9 days now. I started my push/pull/leg return, heavy, last Friday. I've been back at work for over a week. Everything they said I couldn't do, I've done. I like the idea of a goal sheet.
Another thing I did was a gratitude list. It was a wake up call. I'm no longer 21, 10ft tall and bullet proof. I made a gratitude list. Thankful for my family and girl being there, thankful for good insurance, thankful for a solid surgeon. I made a goal list. My goal was to be back in the gym by 21 days out. I crushed it.

Now you and I have different surgeries. Yours is specifically more prone to exercise induced complications, but my point is, be practical, listen to your body and crush that shit dude

Worst case scenario, you have 6 weeks to heal and get mentally prepared for the onslaught to come.

Hoping for the best and quickest recovery possible!
Glad your recovery went well, & I appreciate you feedback. This definitely helps in recovering hearing everyone & their conundrums. Thank you for taking the time and giving me support !!!!

You will be good brother!! I am praying for you!! I think you should use the time off to formulate a plan for you next goal!! Write down training protocols that have worked for you, nutrition plan, cardio plan, psychological plan. Do some research and learn some new thing to implement into your new plan to become the ultimate you!! I also think this is a perfect time to train the mind. Use meditation to work on your ability to stay focused on a single task. Recognize how often distractions arise and take you away from your focus!! Sounds corny but not many people work on the taming of their minds. It's a powerful tool in anything you do including weight lifting. Most people
can't stay focused for 10 reps! You will be back and better then ever bro!!![/QUOTE

Thanks CC, you have a way of relaxing the situation, I enjoy that. Kind of like Stopping & taking time to smell the
flowers !!

Glad I could help bro!!

Ok, SV still alive, well and sore. Thanks for everyone taking time to give me a little, positive support. I was expecting the worse & got a lot less. I always do that & it works better in the end, for obvious reasons!!! I'm going to play everything one day at a time and use a motto I have. That is, If I can.....I will !!! Safely of course !! More goals to be made, thinking in progress. CC , your right & I am one that thinks the same, that is, it ALL begins in the mind (a powerful place). Thanks again to everyone !!

Top Bottom