napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

True ketogenic diet adding mass

Ydoc

I've been doing a lot of reading about ketogenic diets. What I've found is, you should be able to add lean mass more efficiently than with useing a typical bro diet plan. I hear people say they're keto yet after looking into it, most people that say it are actually just low carb. A true ketogenic diet is
70-75% fat
20-25% protein
5% carbohydrate

Anyone on here try "bulking" on keto?
I've found plenty that have leaned out on keto, but yet still can't find anyone that's "bulked" or reversed dieted on keto.

I've been doing a lot of reading about ketogenic diets. What I've found is, you should be able to add lean mass more efficiently than with useing a typical bro diet plan. I hear people say they're keto yet after looking into it, most people that say it are actually just low carb. A true ketogenic diet is
70-75% fat
20-25% protein
5% carbohydrate

Anyone on here try "bulking" on keto?
I've found plenty that have leaned out on keto, but yet still can't find anyone that's "bulked" or reversed dieted on keto.
To each their own but low carb diets don't work well at all fir me when trying to add mass. It can be done, and some people prefer it, but not me.

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I would be interested in this as have started Keto in the last few weeks to get rid of lower belly stubborn fat and will start a bulk at some point in the next 4 to 6 weeks but wanted to keep this WOE

It's crazy to me people's are consuming that much fat in their diets on keto. Just to maintain my weight I'd have to eat 240g fat a day. Lol

Hey check out "the muscle phd" on Facebook or Instagram. He has a bunch of info on ketogenic diets. He told me you can reverse diet on keto and it's more efficient for muscle gains than your traditional carb based diet.

Hey check out "the muscle phd" on Facebook or Instagram. He has a bunch of info on ketogenic diets. He told me you can reverse diet on keto and it's more efficient for muscle gains than your traditional carb based diet.
Completely individual based. He can't make a blanket statement like that. Most bodybuilders would laugh their asses off at someone making a claim like that

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I've been on & off "true" keto(5%carbs) for a year.I lost 60lbs of fat doing it.It really works,but bulking is MUCH harder on it.When I'm bulking I will carb load,then when I want to lean it up I will go back to keto.The lack of pumps on keto is very frustrating though.

Personal preference. Low carb ketogenic diets got me from probably around 30% bodyfat plus down to around 15%. Lost a lot of muscle though, I'm now dieting with regular macros, 1.2-1.8g protein /lb
0.3-0.5g fat /lb
And the rest with carbs.

Nothing wrong with keto but IMO it's not your choice as an anabolic diet.

Nothing wrong with keto but IMO it's not your choice as an anabolic diet.

Agreed. It has its place for those that respond to keto well for fat loss, but it's hardly ideal for adding size....otherwise you'd see everyone doing it for that purpose.

Concur 100%. It's a potential tool for fat loss 'diet' like so many other fads. But when your goal is mass, you're going to be struggling to eat ENOUGH, not 'dieting' per se', and to hit those calorics to build muscle you're gonna want as many good carbs as you can get.

Keto doesn't work for me. I'm a carber.

Concur 100%. It's a potential tool for fat loss 'diet' like so many other fads. But when your goal is mass, you're going to be struggling to eat ENOUGH, not 'dieting' per se', and to hit those calorics to build muscle you're gonna want as many good carbs as you can get.

Keto doesn't work for me. I'm a carber.

That makes two of us. I've tried keto, and it's just not for me....not even for fat loss purposes

I believe he was in generation iron movie from a few years back.

Keto for me is hard. I don't lose weight on it per se but I lose inches...so for me, its a recomp type of diet. However, I can do the same thing with carbs and feel much better doing it that way. At the end of the day, its just another tool in your tool box.

In my opinion cyclic ketogenic would be best for cutting. Not bulking. It doesn't make sense to bulk with little or no carbs. Carbs repelenish glycogen stores give muscle fullness and explosive energy. I have a friend who did keto and gained muscle but only because he gains weight easily. Keto helped him lose 15 lbs but he gained inches on arms and chest. This is the exception and if he tried to bulk he does carbs like normal. Keto is not for bulking.

I lovvvvved my hard boiled eggs with bacon and avocado breakfasts on keto

Keto works well for fast fat loss but for gaining size when your an experienced lifter you need too stay anabolic and carbs raise insulin levels and insulin store nutrients in the cells so I say go for it but its not productive in my experience.and most trying too do keto still habe fat tbey want too loose and too gain muscle you need a surplus so carbs pr no carbs caloric surplus means weigjt gain not loss so I dont understand. And I know what all the studys say and really too many studies for me too give a shit. Long term low and no carb diet lower my thyrpid and tank my metabolism so better too keep the firnace burning than gain it all back

Top Bottom