napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT question

stoker54

Hi Dylan! I'd like your advice. I'm 43, male, 5'10", 184 lbs, 14% bf and I've been on trt for 6 weeks now, running 100mg of test c once a week. I haven't notice much of a change, my energy level hasn't changed much, sex drive not great, and muscle gains not very noticeable, as far as side effects, I do have a little bit of acne and oily skin , my nipples were a little itchy and sore in the first 4 weeks but it's not as bad now. I work out 5 times a week and my diet is pretty decent, at least it has been for the last 8 weeks. I did some blood work last Monday , may 15th but I haven't gotten the results back yet. So having said all that, my question is:

Should I ask my doctors to increase the test c ? Second question: Do you think it would be ok to stack it with something else just to get a boost, like winstrol for example and then go back to test c only, if so what would you recommend? I don't want to get huge but I do wanna look good , ripped. Last question and I understand if you don't wanna answer it. If I decide to stack test c with whatever else you might recommend , where would I get it from, assuming my doctor won't give me a prescription? Thanks! Have a great day!

DUDE !!

you are 6 weeks in..you haven't even gotten your blood work back... and you are second guessing your Dr???
wtf are you thinking?
"I haven't notice much of a change"... "muscle gains not very noticeable"...It's not some instant gratification Bro

PATIENCE !

Get your lab results....dial in your trt dose and ai if needed...
It will take up to a year to get you in balance

After being low testosterone..your TRT is all you need to get you on track...buckle down..get your diet and training REALLY dialed in and consistant

THEN think about blasting or adding something "extra"

Last edited:
OP; What were you expecting in 6 weeks?

What's your training history?

I've been training for 4 years and I've never used anything other than protein and other supplements. If I had all the answers I wouldn't be on this forum. Thanks, buddy!

I just got my blood work back , my test levels are in the 800's, estrogen levels are normal and the doctor told me to go up on the testesterona. I was not second guessing anybody, I just wasn't feeling that great. I've been training for 4 years but my testosterone levels were very low and I had a bad injury in the past so I need all the help I can get. Btw, my diet is pretty decent and I train 5 times a week.I thought this was a place to help each other with questions and answers. Not to get bitched at. Chill out guys! Have a great weekend!!!

Dont worry dude, all the tough love is just because they actually care. I get it youre 43 not some 20 year old asking stupid questions its just one of those things that constantly run through your mind so you post your questions just to see what others say just to give your mind a break. Im the same way. Lol your all good man enjoy your weekend

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

What was your free test level?
You may have an availablity problem
increasing your dose is NOT the answer

no competent Dr would increase your testosterone if you are 800ng/dL
That puts you in the 95 percentile of all healthy men....upping your dose would put you into superphysiogic range
no doctor that wants to keep his license is going to do that
700nd/dL is the guidline used by professional endocrinology groups

Last edited:
What was your free test level?
You may have an availablity problem
increasing your dose is NOT the answer

no competent Dr would increase your testosterone if you are 800ng/dL
That puts you in the 95 percentile of all healthy men....upping your dose would put you into superphysiogic range
no doctor that wants to keep his license is going to do that
700nd/dL is the guidline used by professional endocrinology groups

I need to get a copy, they gave me the results over the phone, I don't remember the details. I'll get it Monday. Thanks!

I have been on TRT for over 4 years now. It was a slow gradual change in me. I was exercising consistently for 6-7 years before I started TRT, with good overall results. I started TRT due to low energy/libido. After about a year of really not noticing a whole lot, one day I just looked in the mirror and was like "when did this happen" It was slow gradual improvement over a year to a year and a half. Same exercise routines I had been doing for the previous 6+ years, but with the higher testosterone from the TRT, it took me to another level.

CLIFFS:
Be patient, work with your doc, it takes time.

Good luck

If you are at 800ng/dl, there is certainly another issue going on here contributing to your problems, because your test level and estrogen is fine. I'd be curious to know what your free test is, SHBG, etc...

If.your labs dont have free testosterone results
You can order your own....privatemdlabs.com
If you do...be sure to order SHBG also
If your free test is low the usual culperat is high SHBG which is usually an esay fix

I just got my blood work back , my test levels are in the 800's, estrogen levels are normal and the doctor told me to go up on the testesterona. I was not second guessing anybody, I just wasn't feeling that great. I've been training for 4 years but my testosterone levels were very low and I had a bad injury in the past so I need all the help I can get. Btw, my diet is pretty decent and I train 5 times a week.I thought this was a place to help each other with questions and answers. Not to get bitched at. Chill out guys! Have a great weekend!!!

Seriously? I wish I had your doctor! I've been on doctor prescribed TRT for ten years and he wants me on the low end, high 300's low 400's. Are you self administering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? I wish I had your doctor! I've been on doctor prescribed TRT for ten years and he wants me on the low end, high 300's low 400's. Are you self administering?

all endocrinology societies have the same basic protocols and recommendations
They recommend injected test at 100mg per week with results in the 400-700ng/dL range
If 100mg per week only gives you 400ng/dL...any GOOD endo will look to other factors to try and bring it up (as well they should)...it is seldom that they just increase dosage...most would rather just keep you at 400 than go against the "standard protocol"...they are afraid of being labeled "a steroid Dr"

btw...the younger you are when you start TRT seems to make alot of endo's shoot for the low end..theory being the younger you are the more years you'll have to have something go wrong (PSA, heart etc)

Last edited:
all endocrinology societies have the same basic protocols and recommendations
They recommend injected test at 100mg per week with results in the 400-700ng/dL range
If 100mg per week only gives you 400ng/dL...any GOOD endo will look to other factors to try and bring it up (as well they should)...it is seldom that they just increase dosage...most would rather just keep you at 400 than go against the "standard protocol"...they are afraid of being labeled "a steroid Dr"

btw...the younger you are when you start TRT seems to make alot of endo's shoot for the low end..theory being the younger you are the more years you'll have to have something go wrong (PSA, heart etc)

My doctor is the same way. He couldn't give two shits about how I feel, he is mostly concerned about my PSA level. Like you said earlier, no competent doctor who wants to keep his license to practice would increase testosterone if levels were already in the 800 range, especially after only six weeks.,That's why I asked the op if he was self administering

Top Bottom