napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Trt

mickc1965

I am due to go back to the doctors on my 51st birthday (13 June) as I now seem to have zero libido, rarely get morning glories, constant feeling of tiredness (fall asleep at work during lunch) and my moods are getting worse. I went to the doctors in November 2014 (with similar issues that I had been having over a couple of years but it is now worse than ever) and my T levels were 9.5nmol/L (~280ng/dl) but my doctor said that in the UK the normal range is between 6.1 and 2.1nmol/L (180 – 800ng/dl) and that was all the discussion they were prepared to have.

The question I am asking is what should I be asking them to test for as surely just my T level is not really enough to be working off.

Also when it comes to the blood test should I refrain from training that morning to prevent a boost to my levels or doesn’t it make any difference.

have you been tested for sleep apnea? some of the same symptoms as low t but could also be related. yes do everything you can to keep it low so do the test with no previous exercise

No problems sleeping at the moment pretty much get 7 to 8 hours unbroken sleep a night and wife hasn't noticed anything either regarding snoring, gasping or laboured breathing. Used to snore a lot but that stops once I am under 196lbs currently at 174ish.

cool, well if it becomes too difficult to get trt from your doc, which a lot are hesitant about ask for a referral to an endo doc and see if you can go that route. but you can always go the self administered route of trt as well very good sources here. I am not to the point of commitment of trt just yet but I am not against it if I start feeling shitty between cycles or test and sarms.

Worst case scenario, there are always TRT clinics. I'm not a fan as they over charge, but they try their damndest to get everyone a script lol.

I would check igf-1, lh/fsh, total test, free test, shbg, dht, tsh, free t4, free t3, reverse t3 and progesterone.

I would check igf-1, lh/fsh, total test, free test, shbg, dht, tsh, free t4, free t3, reverse t3 and progesterone.
These are all good things to check....also estrogen

If test levels are good, my best guess is its possibly prolactin, estrogen or shbg related
(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

These are all good things to check....also estrogen

If test levels are good, my best guess is its possibly prolactin, estrogen or shbg related
(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Sorry forgot to add that make sure its the sensitive estrogen test(the one for men)

I had my bloods done and was briefly advise by the doctors receptionist that my Testosterone level was 12.5 n/mol = 361 ng/ml which is obviously an increase from 9.5 / 274 and I am due to see doctor next week to discuss all the other results that are also in the normal range apart from one kidney result that is borderline that I have assumed is creatinine as that has been both high and borderline previously. The other results will be for the following

LH (luteinizing hormone) -
FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) -
TFT (thyroid function test) -
SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin ) -
LFT (liver function test) -
Lipids -
U&E (urea and electrolytes) -
FBC (full blood count)-
Glucose -

Anything else I should ask to be tested for?

Worst case scenario, there are always TRT clinics. I'm not a fan as they over charge, but they try their damndest to get everyone a script lol.

I agree with Testdude63. Paid the price and went to a clinic to start and felt 100 % better on TRT.

Top Bottom