napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

TRT 45 year old

diamondbigs

Hello,

I'm a 45 year old male on TRT (100mg of Cypr twice a week). I literally just started. My Doctor had me on Androgel which sucked and did nothing. My question, how often should I work out? Meaning, should I do three on, one off? I've done a ton of reading online (which isn't always a good thing as I'm sure you know). Some recommend Monday,Wednesday and Friday are weights while Tuesday and Thursday are cardio days with the weekends off. I just finished my first Spartan race and quickly found out that I lack upper body strength. My cardio has never been a problem (but I could still afford to drop 15-20 pounds but I'm hoping the TRT will help with that along with a good diet). Any advice for someone who is looking to make the best of his TRT?

Thank you again for your time and keep posting your videos. I truly enjoy learning more and more each day.

there is no set way to workout man... that all depends on your goals... if you want to drop that much weight, then i would be training 4 days at the MINIMUM but could go to 5... you should be doing cardio 3-4 times a week as well...

Diet is key to dropping that bodyfat. As for training most progra,s work best from 3-5 days per week with cardio done 3-4 days per week

Thanks for your input. Would you recommend hitting each body part once a week or twice (for muscle growth and weight loss). Honestly THANK YOU for your help and input. I truly appreciate your time and input.

Steve

Thanks for your input. Would you recommend hitting each body part once a week or twice (for muscle growth and weight loss). Honestly THANK YOU for your help and input. I truly appreciate your time and input.

Steve

You will get varying opinions on training frequency. What matters most is total volume for each muscle group over a week.

you need to make sure you are getting plenty of cardio in... 4-5 times a week, 30-45 minutes per day... i always work each body part twice a week...

My first Spartan race I trained Mon chest and arms . Wen legs. Friday back and shoulders. Tue was a three mile run .Thur was a three mile run. Sat was 8 to 10 mile run. This was the beast run so 8 mile min course it all depends on your goals I wasn't training to put size on, but get in shape and build endurance so the rep range was 12 to 15 reps and of 3 to 4 sets.

Steve

It depends on the amount of volume you are doing per weight session. If your volume is low you can work everything out twice per week. High volume should only be once per week

Do you train any other activities on a consistent basis? If, for example, you are a competitive swimmer, there is no way you can hit your body parts more than once a week. And you would have to monitor your intensity so it wouldn't interfere with your sport.

If you are just weight training then it depends on your goals. If your looking for strength gains each body part should only be hit once a week. Bodybuilders can get away with hitting each body part twice a week. Just make sure you don't over train. You are 45 yrs old. You can't recover like a 25 yr old.

That is just my experience.

200mg a week is really at the high high end of trt(and most uncommon). Whats your test levels at that?

Top Bottom