napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Trt

Orangebar

I'm currently TRT, 200mg. test cyp every week and running .25 arimidex a week as well.
Before I started my bloods were
Free T: 6.5
Total T: 225
IGF1: 166
Estradiol: 26.9
RBC: 5.09
HGB: 15.4
HCT:45.7
Just wanted to get people's thoughts on this so far. I will get bloods done in the near future and post those showing the new numbers of TRT.

200 is way out of trt range, that's around 1400 test. Trt levels are around 700 to 800.

You risk numerous health issues, since either you are self medicating, or a doctor that doesn't know shit.

Is it better to get blood work done the day before I normally inject making it 6 days after injection or a few days after injection?

200 is way out of trt range, that's around 1400 test. Trt levels are around 700 to 800.

You risk numerous health issues, since either you are self medicating, or a doctor that doesn't know shit.

This is not true. I’m on 180mg a week and my test number is around 650. And I go to a TRT clinic and have been going there for about 2 years. My numbers started off at 130 and they put me on 200mg for about 6 months brought my numbers up to 900 then backed me down to 180mg and that’s where I have been since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
While 200mg is on the high end, it is not "out of range". Blood work will determine the appropriate dosing protocol.

OP - You can pull bloods 6 days post injection, keep in mind you will be in your trough (low point). 3-4 days post injection would give more of an average test level. Just something to keep in mind.

While 200mg is on the high end, it is not "out of range". Blood work will determine the appropriate dosing protocol.

OP - You can pull bloods 6 days post injection, keep in mind you will be in your trough (low point). 3-4 days post injection would give more of an average test level. Just something to keep in mind.

Exactly. I do believe there is a stopping point for a TRT dose and 200mg should be it, anything over that you might as well start a mini cycle. At 180mg with .5mg Arimidex 24hr after injection keeps my E2 around 25-30.

I'm about 4 weeks in at 200mg. A week so far, should I do bloods 8 weeks into it so 4 weeks from now?

Different test doses put people at different numbers. That is absolutely true. Not everyone gets the same response. 200 per week puts me at 900-1000ng/dl

I'm about 4 weeks in at 200mg. A week so far, should I do bloods 8 weeks into it so 4 weeks from now?

IMO you could draw bloods now and get an accurate figure. Some will say you need longer, however I can pin today, draw 2 days later and see an increase in my levels. Waiting longer certainly won't hurt though.

Exactly. I do believe there is a stopping point for a TRT dose and 200mg should be it, anything over that you might as well start a mini cycle. At 180mg with .5mg Arimidex 24hr after injection keeps my E2 around 25-30.

I agree. 150mg puts me around 1000 about 48-72 hours post injection, run AI at 7.5mg E3D, puts Estrogen in the mid 20's.

Yes, but no good trt doc will ever start you at 200. They'll start around 100 and work up. You dont work it down.

TRT Clinics rarely fall into the good category. They are few and far between.

Last edited:
Yes, but no good trt doc will ever start you at 200. They'll start around 100 and work up. You dont work it down.

Again this is false. Depends on your levels when starting. Like I said mine was 130 my first ever draw and they started me at 200mg for around 6 months until my numbers got where they needed to be then backed me down to 180mg. If they would have started me let’s say 150mg I wouldn’t have get it for at least 9-10 months of it took 6 months just to get my levels around 800 before they dropped my dose.

Granted I had a lot of other issues going on at the time. But everyone is different and every TRT clinic is different.

well, I work in one of the largest hospitals in the Northwest, and this comes straight from the department head endo with a mere 40+ years of experience, so he was laughing as I showed him your posts trying to say he's wrong. But yes, everyone is different, but the protocols are the same, no matter where you start from. You always work levels up, and yes it takes time, but you wont be potentially at low supraphysical levels either.

Last edited:
Again this is false. Depends on your levels when starting. Like I said mine was 130 my first ever draw and they started me at 200mg for around 6 months until my numbers got where they needed to be then backed me down to 180mg. If they would have started me let’s say 150mg I wouldn’t have get it for at least 9-10 months of it took 6 months just to get my levels around 800 before they dropped my dose.

OK..lets get this straight....you are 100% wrong...when it comes to dosing..your pre TRT serum level HAS NO BEARING...you could be at 50ng/dL or 300ng/dL
any exogenous test stops all natural test production...so EVERYONE is the same and starts at zero ...injected test is not accumulative...it doesn't ADD to your starting level
your new serum test level is only from the amount of injected test

you are correct when you state..not all trt clinic's and doctors are the same...rarely are trt clinics staffed by endocrinologists

EVERY accredited association of endocrinologists worldwide have the same diagnosing and clinical treatment protocol...The starting dose for injected testosterone is 100mg/week with follow up serum testosterone bloodwork done at 6 weeks
The target range is to produce 500-700ng/dL
BTW..way more adjustments are made DOWNWARD than upward

In all due respect with regards to your personal situation...if 180mg/wk is only producing serum levels of 650ng/dL AND you need an AI...something is very wrong..your system is way out of balance...my recommendation is to seek treatment from an endocrinologist that will look at the whole picture

Last edited:
Top Bottom