redsoons

Here are the beginning Stats:
M
194 lbs
**6'0"
13-14% BF

End date: June 24 (16 weeks away)

------

Looking for a Cutting initially. Dylan set me up with a 12 week Enhanced Super Stack. Looking very forward to jumping on it.

------

Nutrition:

Needing a little bit of advice.
Been running a diet plan of roughly 2200 Cal per day following a 40P / 40CHO / 20F Macro.
--> Question: What would you suggest being my daily caloric intake?
Open to suggestions an opinions on this one. As we're all aware that Nutrition / Diet is the make or break on most successful transformations.

------

Training

Feel pretty good there. Currently running a program that has 3 phases. Run each phase 3 weeks each, with 3 lifts per week = total 9 big lifts over 3 weeks. Primary focus on full body compound movements (Deadlift, squats, presses).
1. High Weight / Low Rep (1-4 reps per set) - add strength is the goal here
2. Moderate Weight / moderate rep (8-12 reps) - add to the total volume
3. Lower Weight / High Reps (12 - 30 reps) - Get the pump with extra supersets.
REPEAT

Cardio is 4 - 5 times a week. 30 - 45 minutes per session. Some days two a days - fasted cardio in AM & Lift in the PM.

------

As stated I am looking for more assistance with Nutrition. The big thing is the daily caloric intake. How much should I be consuming?

Thank you in advance for anyone's input. Being a newbie looking forward to growing with everyone out there.

Last edited:
Are you currently on 2200 calories and looking to decrease further? Not a good idea. Or are you starting your cut a 2200 cal?

Are you currently on 2200 calories and looking to decrease further? Not a good idea. Or are you starting your cut a 2200 cal?

I'm currently on 2200 daily. I've been trying this cut for over 4 weeks. Wanting to know if it's appropriate amount to continue the 2200 daily or adjust that number?

Are you suggesting Maybe 2200 is too low?

I'm currently on 2200 daily. I've been trying this cut for over 4 weeks. Wanting to know if it's appropriate amount to continue the 2200 daily or adjust that number?

Are you suggesting Maybe 2200 is too low?
What weight were you 4 weeks ago, & what have accomplished at 2200 cals in BF % ?? Also how tall???

Weight hasn't changed much. Fluctuation between 190-195.

Strength numbers have gone up. Definition has slowly became better. Abs and oblique are slowly arriving.

According to rickrods sticky my rough maintenance is 190lbs x 15 = 2850.

So is 2200 just right. Or. Too low? I don't think much lower that 2200 is appropriate?

2200 is fine if your Maintenance is around 2700-2850. I would not go lower than 2200 for now. The scale is not a good way to monitor progress in my opinion. When cutting the goal is to lose body fat while maintaining muscle. The scale only shows the amount of weight lost not how much is fat or how much is muscle. This is where knowing and monitoring your body fat comes into play. If you know your body fat, you can run some calculations to determine Progress. Do you know your starting body fat and current body fat? Guesstimates will not be sufficient in this case.

On another note, for future reference, I would not start a cut with 4-5 sessions of cardio. Instead, I would increase cardio overtime to prevent a fat loss plateau. If you start with 4-5 sessions and your progress stalls, your only option is to reduce calories further. Just my opinion and what I learned trying to get to single digits.

I agree with your assessment on weight on scale. Poor judgement on BF indicator.

Obvious answer is you have abs or you don't right?

Well currently I do not. Working towards that goal.

That's great insight on cardio sessions of limiting those to fewer. Are you suggesting back those off to 3 a week?

As far as dieting, I have been trying to implement carb cycling. 3 lows-1high-2 lows-1high. Repeat weekly.

I agree with your assessment on weight on scale. Poor judgement on BF indicator.

Obvious answer is you have abs or you don't right?

Well currently I do not. Working towards that goal.

That's great insight on cardio sessions of limiting those to fewer. Are you suggesting back those off to 3 a week?

As far as dieting, I have been trying to implement carb cycling. 3 lows-1high-2 lows-1high. Repeat weekly.

Here are my recommendations:

1.) Buy some fat calipers. Don't get the electronic body fat shit, just skin fold calipers. They aren't 100% accurate, but will give a rough estimate and will allow you to see the trend and give a point of reference. IE Decreasing/increasing skin folds. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=fat+calipers

2.) Forget the carb cycling for now, that is an advanced technique used for lower body fat levels. Complicated sells, simple doesn't. Keep it simple for now bro.

3.) At a later time we can discuss higher carb days / calorie days. These would be used to raise leptin levels.

4.) If you are already doing 4-5 sessions of cardio, then keep on doing it.

Below is sample cutting routine format I used to get to single digit body fat. Instead of long cuts, I did 3-4 8 week cuts to get from 24% BF to 8%.

Cutting Plan

Week 1 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri No Cardio
Week 2 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri No Cardio
Week 3 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 1 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 4 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 1.5 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 5 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 2.0 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 6 2215 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 2.5 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 7 2100 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 2.5 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 8 2100 Cal Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 3.0 Hour Cardio Total 1 Refeed Day*
Week 9 Reverse Diet 2300 calories - Deload Week No cardio
Week 10 Reverse Diet 2450 calories - Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - No cardio
Week 11 Reverse Diet 2600 calories - Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - 1 Hour cardio Total
Week 12 Eat at Maintenance - Upper/Lower Split Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - 1 Hour cardio Total

Repeat Cutting Cycle

*Refeed Days – Either eat at 2500 Cal. 250 Protein, 310 Carb & 30 Fat OR 1 Cheat Meal

Personally, I have used the above cutting plan with good results. Starting a cut with a bunch of cardio has always led to a fat loss plateau because the metabolism will simply adjust. Instead, by slowing adding in the cardio as the weeks pass prevents fat loss from stalling. Refeed days help reset Leptin. Calorie reduction in Weeks 7 & 8 is made by reducing 25 carbs/day. I usually stop after week 8 to give myself a mental/physical break instead of grinding it out. I use this time to evaluate progress, rest and recover. Rinse and repeat if needed.

Ok ready to ROLL!

Enhanced Super Stack - 12 week cycle with Mini PCT.

First dosage is going down today!

Will definitely keep everyone updated on progression.

As always, Yalls suggestions are welcomed.

I'm defnitely eager to see where this stack takes you bro. I'll be following your progress. Keep us updated!

First dosage down.

Great lift today! Probably more a mental excitement than Stack.

Boy did I get a big reminder of the burning taste! Haven't felt that since taking a shot (well over 2 years alcohol free)! WOW! I had that when I took my clomid off Sarms1.

March 13 2017

Stats
Weight 192.2
Bf 13%

Not much has changed in stats. But using mirror test I am looking leaner. Serratus muscles are appearing.

Not going to lie. A bit disappointed in stats but change takes time. Just keep going.

Training note I am transitioning from high reps/low weight to low reps/high weights. Haven't added larger amounts of cardio yet. Saving that for when I need a boost.

Dieting is good currently at 2100 calories daily with carb cycling.

Suggestions and input always welcomed.

You're doing great man, don't get discouraged. Like you said change takes time, nothing worth having comes over night. Keep working hard and adjusting your training/diet to see what works best. Find enjoyment in the process!

You're doing great man, don't get discouraged. Like you said change takes time, nothing worth having comes over night. Keep working hard and adjusting your training/diet to see what works best. Find enjoyment in the process!

Trying to enjoy the process. But like most people. Hate the wait. But honestly I don't want easy. Because that means everyone can do it. That's not true. This is a discipline. It would be an insult to everyone who's gone through this.

March 27 2017

Updated stats.
Weight: 194.2 (up 2 lbs)
Bf%: 12% (down 1%)
Waist: 34inches (down 1")

-----

Currently conflicted feelings. Love fact that BF and waist down. But hate that weight went up. Not complaining sure why. My training has changed from high rep to a low rep/high weights. As suggested I haven't added much cardio with roughly 2 cardio sessions a week.

My diet has not really changed. Still following 2100 cals daily. Macros P50/C35/F15.

My thoughts to increase weight loss is to add cardio sessions to the weekly workout sessions. I don't think I want to decrease diet calories.

Any suggestions?

My goal was 6-8% BF by June.

Top Bottom