napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

training program

burderkon

First off, thanks for all of the informative videos. I enjoy the heck out of them.

Now, I was asking you about a good upper/lower program and you said to email you.

I want to workout Monday/Tuesday Off Wednesday workout Thursday/Friday

I'm 30 years old, 5'6" 165 pounds. I was 195 pounds January 1st 2017.

I've lost some weight, but I still look like crap....I don't get it. I really don't. I feel like I look the same as I did when I was 195.

I was at 30% body fat January 1st 2017. I'm not sure what I'm at now. I hired a coach, which....ehhh I won't even get into it. I pretty much spent $300.00 for 3 months of coaching. All I got was a cookie cutter meal plan and the guy never changed it for me, and never did anything else for me even after I asked him to switch my meal plan up etc...he pretty much just said nope, stick to the one I gave you. He gave me a workout routine where I did one body part per day Mon-Fri. He never changed that either. It was a cookie cutter program that he even admitted he sends to all of his clients because it's the, "best".

I'm still pretty disappointed about it. I'm a full time police officer and being in shape is very important. I let myself go several years ago and for the past 6-7 months I've really worked hard to drop weight and make life changes. I just don't know who to trust.....I know a lot of it has to do with my diet, so should I hire someone else to work with me on my diet ? Should I even do a upper/lower split? I have had blood work done and my free test is a little below "normal" from what the doctor said. Everything else is in check based of the blood work. I've never used aas as of now.

you need to hire a trainer that is certified properly bro... nasm and acsm certifications will show they had to go through much more difficult standards... your training program is all going to be conducive to your goals... take a look at my video on the push pull method... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSjg7fBwXc

You'll just have to expiriment a bit to see what works best for you when it comes to training. Everyone is a bit different and responds better to certain things than others

You'll just have to expiriment a bit to see what works best for you when it comes to training. Everyone is a bit different and responds better to certain things than others

I really don't comprehend why anyone other than a professional athlete/competitor would need a coach. Seriously, it's like starting out with a hand tied behind your back because they have no idea what you feel, or how you're responding to stimuli.

I really don't comprehend why anyone other than a professional athlete/competitor would need a coach. Seriously, it's like starting out with a hand tied behind your back because they have no idea what you feel, or how you're responding to stimuli.
Agreed completely bro. I've never understood it. I mean who the fuck knows what's going to work best for you other than you??

the reason i guess i could see is if you just dont understand how to "properly" lift in terms of technique etc... some need motivation... i know most of us do not and don't even grasp that possible but that's the case for far more than not

It's funny, when we started lifting we had no social media resources...no internet forums, no youtube, IG, personal trainers, nothing but the weights and trial and error. Joined a Gold's gym at 20 and just started watching the big boys who knew what they were doing and copied their routines. Once a month I drove down to the local grocery store to read the newest issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine(had to read it there, because I couldn't afford to buy it) They always had a featured workout each month. Some stuff worked, some stuff didn't. I still use a lot of what I learned back then today.

It's funny, when we started lifting we had no social media resources...no internet forums, no youtube, IG, personal trainers, nothing but the weights and trial and error. Joined a Gold's gym at 20 and just started watching the big boys who knew what they were doing and copied their routines. Once a month I drove down to the local grocery store to read the newest issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine(had to read it there, because I couldn't afford to buy it) They always had a featured workout each month. Some stuff worked, some stuff didn't. I still use a lot of what I learned back then today.
Yep me too bro. I started reading muscle and fitness mags at 13. My dad had a subscription and he gave them to me to read when he was done with them. I learned a lot in those back then on top of what I picked up from my old man

I started lifting at age 12. I'm 46 now. Flex and Muscular Development were my mainstays. Parents got me a subscription to Flex for Christmas and I was banging weights like a pro... kinda lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, thanks for all of the informative videos. I enjoy the heck out of them.

Now, I was asking you about a good upper/lower program and you said to email you.

I want to workout Monday/Tuesday Off Wednesday workout Thursday/Friday

I'm 30 years old, 5'6" 165 pounds. I was 195 pounds January 1st 2017.

I've lost some weight, but I still look like crap....I don't get it. I really don't. I feel like I look the same as I did when I was 195.

I was at 30% body fat January 1st 2017. I'm not sure what I'm at now. I hired a coach, which....ehhh I won't even get into it. I pretty much spent $300.00 for 3 months of coaching. All I got was a cookie cutter meal plan and the guy never changed it for me, and never did anything else for me even after I asked him to switch my meal plan up etc...he pretty much just said nope, stick to the one I gave you. He gave me a workout routine where I did one body part per day Mon-Fri. He never changed that either. It was a cookie cutter program that he even admitted he sends to all of his clients because it's the, "best".

I'm still pretty disappointed about it. I'm a full time police officer and being in shape is very important. I let myself go several years ago and for the past 6-7 months I've really worked hard to drop weight and make life changes. I just don't know who to trust.....I know a lot of it has to do with my diet, so should I hire someone else to work with me on my diet ? Should I even do a upper/lower split? I have had blood work done and my free test is a little below "normal" from what the doctor said. Everything else is in check based of the blood work. I've never used aas as of now.

Getting your nutrition dialed in combined with building a solid foundation of strength are the 2 single most important factors.

Check this book out https://www.amazon.com/Bigger-Leaner-Stronger-Building-Ultimate-ebook/dp/B006XF5BTG

While I do not agree 100% with his training protocol of lifting exclusively in the 4-6 rep range, he is spot on in regards to nutrition and building strength on compound lifts. This book helped me differentiate between the truth and BS out there. Good read, well worth the $20.

Top Bottom