napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Training with new tattoos

Ryan123

After researching ive gotten very mixed answers so thought id ask you lot for your personal experiences. Ive just had my 2 full calfs tattooed and was wondering how long id have to not train legs/ do cardio? My first tatts so any advice would be appreciated cheers

As long as you arent sweating your ass off, and you are properly taking care of the tattoo, I don't see a problem training myself. I never stopped training after getting a tattoo and never had a problem

clearly you see the amount of tattoos i have.. i never missed a day dude... i guess that just depends on the person and if they can handle it or not but it never bothered me and my entire body has them

Dont worry a tattoo would never keep me out of the gym altogether. It was more a question of how long to refrain from stretching/expanding the particular area of the tattoos. In my case my calfs

The only thing I would be careful of is keeping it covered and off machines if your gym doesn't have good hygiene practices. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Make sure you wash them well after the gym and keep them lubricated.

just got my last tattoo touched up today and hit the gym on the way home.... just keep it clean and care for it you will be fine bro

No issue with the skin stretching and ruining it but I would recommend making sure it is covered at the gym as it’s essentially a big open wound for the first week- week and a half. Just wear some sweats don’t have to wait man.

No issue with the skin stretching and ruining it but I would recommend making sure it is covered at the gym as it’s essentially a big open wound for the first week- week and a half. Just wear some sweats don’t have to wait man.
sterilization is the only thing to worry about, exactly

the only thing I would be concerned is an infection to open wound but if you take care of the tats should not be a problem but I dont workout the same day I it. I wait 24 hours! I keep it covered due to the gym being dirty to avoid any kind of bacteria.

Top Bottom