napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Train Day Rotations

Slip

I am interested how you folks run your strength and conditioning. This question is geared towards folks that are using strength and conditioning to augment performance/skill work (Crossfit, Oly, Fighters, Gymnastics, Break Dancing) vs. those interested in the body building side of things.

How do you space your Strength and Conditioning, and rest days? Below are some examples
1 on, 1 off
2 on, 1 off
3 on, 1 off
4 on, 1 off
5 on, 2 off
2 on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off

For me I am currently going by feel, but I always want to go train.

How do you adjust this for when you are using AAS or SARMS?

2 on & 1 off works for me most of the time.However ,lately I've been doing 5 on & taking the weekends off.My training is 90% lifting for hypertrophy & the other 10% is cardio.

I do a push pull leg split and work each 2 times every 8 days with two days rest in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back when i did kickboxing/MMA we would routinely train and do cardio on the same day in that order. When it was over I would drive straight to the gym and lift, heavy. This was done 5 days a week while cardio was done 6-7 days.

All i can say was this was terrible for recovery and I didnt even notice it at the time. Although I never used any enhancements back then they probably would have helped a lot. If I could give my younger self advice it would have been to run a sarms cycle or to have only lifted 2-3 days a week instead.

Well I am speaking strictly from a bodybuilding standpoint, but I personally like to train 4 days per week and no more. I typically train Monday and Tuesday then rest Wednesday (cardio only) and then train again Thursday and Friday with the weekends resting or strictly cardio

I've tried 5 days but it just gets to be too much for me, especially with me being in my 40s now. I can optimize growth and recovery by my current 4 day split

Your question is a difficult one to answer. MY BIL run the gym at a college and does strength and conditioning with D3 athletes. What he does is dynamic exercises twice a week during the week (mostly bc you aren't getting college students to hit the gym on the weekend) They usually do quite a few different olympic lifts during those days and they focus on recovery vs. strength.

I train 5 days in a row, however I am gassed by Friday I just turned 46 and every year equates to additional soreness and recovery time the way I lift. A two on one off, four days only split seems like a better option with each passing day. I do see where IF you lift like an animal (very few actually can define that, yet alone do it) training 4 days only would allow maximum recovery and growth. I might switch up in the next 6 months, for now I'm getting a feel for 46yo.

i do the same as 44 and pretty much feel the same on how my body feels... i look forward to the weekend in a major way due to the thrashing i put my body through weekly... keep in mind, i do 80 minutes of cardio per day and then hardcore lifting for over an your so i put in serious work...

Thanks fellas.

How does AAS and SARMS effect your training schedule. Do you train more often(less rest days) or greater volume and intensity per session?

I usually split my cardio sessions from my lifting sessions. I lift 6 days a week but I can't go full out every one of those days. I have sub maximal days and days I go all out. I'm currently doing 4-5 week meso cycles, with a week deload between each. Each week gets progressively increased volume until the last week where I become completely spent.

Thanks fellas.

How does AAS and SARMS effect your training schedule. Do you train more often(less rest days) or greater volume and intensity per session?

Typically you'll just be able to train more intense and with higher volume per session.

Day1 and 4 legs
Day 2 and 5 chest and back
Day 3 and 6 shoulders and arms
I can hit every group twice in a week.

yes, i do 60 minutes of cardio in the a.m. then i hit the gym mid afternoon for another 20 minutes of cardio and then lifting...

New routine is hella too fucking intense so switching to 2 on 1 off now to allow recovery and I am expecting some awesome gainz from the added rest and relaxation.

My schedule is dictated by my 50 50 custody of my kids. Monday Wednesday and Friday is gym. Every other weekend ill hit the gym if im not busy or lazy. Worked for me. 196 pound bw and benched 500 pounds. Also did 455x3 reps. 125 dumbell shoulder presses. Recovery is a key to powerlifting it seems.

just keep in mind that no matter what you do for your method, you must continuously shock your body, whether its switching the days you work muscles, always mixing up TYPES of exercise (negatives, time under tension, etc.), volume, type of training (hypertrophy etc.) You MUST never become stagnant with what you are doing to obtain maximum growth...

Top Bottom