napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Tips for training clients in a wheel chair??

Just wondering if anyone has any experience Whether it’s on training someone else or yourself?
I've never done this or had experience with it, but obviously they would be very limited. If they had help transitioning to benches, etc. Theres actually a lot they can do on upper body work

No experience but what is the issue as to why they are in a wheelchair? providing that could better help with recommendations of what exercises they can do.

PharmaComStore Rep
“taz10” for 10% off
PM for link to order

No experience but what is the issue as to why they are in a wheelchair? providing that could better help with recommendations of what exercises they can do.

PharmaComStore Rep
“taz10” for 10% off
PM for link to order

He’s paralyzed from about the waist down. Tree fell on him during hurricane Katrina.

He’s paralyzed from about the waist down. Tree fell on him during hurricane Katrina.

That’s going to be tough brother. And i’m sorry to whoever that happened to whether it’s a relative or friend of yours or just a random person, that really is horrible, wouldn’t wish that upon anyone.

I would have to say if your able to get him off the chair maybe try a shoulder press machine, some seated curls, seated lateral raises, skull crushers, face pulls in the chair. maybe even some chest work on a smith machine. I’d recommend you’d definitely speak to someone that’s experienced with training people who are physically disabled like this that could lay out a workout plan for him brother.

PharmaComStore Rep
“taz10” for 10% off
PM for link to order

You may have to incorporate a belt/harness of some kind for some exercises, but as long as he has doctors OK I’d say, just use your imagination. I met a guy at a social distortion concert who was in a compact wheel chair. He was going up small sets of stairs and running all over the place. Next thing I know he’s crowd surfing. Mike Ness went over and Bro hugged him. Check out the movie Murder Ball - those dudes rock....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free motion makes an independent cable machine. Free motion dual cable cross Google that, we had one at 24 hour fitness a lot of the rehab clients would work out on. Not sure what all you have access to. Are you in a studio or a commercial gym?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

That’s going to be tough brother. And i’m sorry to whoever that happened to whether it’s a relative or friend of yours or just a random person, that really is horrible, wouldn’t wish that upon anyone.

I would have to say if your able to get him off the chair maybe try a shoulder press machine, some seated curls, seated lateral raises, skull crushers, face pulls in the chair. maybe even some chest work on a smith machine. I’d recommend you’d definitely speak to someone that’s experienced with training people who are physically disabled like this that could lay out a workout plan for him brother.

PharmaComStore Rep
“taz10” for 10% off
PM for link to order

Yeah it’s going to be tricky. He needs a lot of dips I know for sure. That should be fairly simple.

Top Bottom