napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Thoughts on steak...

44YOGearHead

I love steaks. Porterhouse, Filet Mignon, NY Strip, T-Bone... steak in general. As long as it it's a marbleized, thick cut of beef cooked just right I love steaks. Here's why I ask about steaks though. Every day since this past Saturday I have either ate one for dinner, or as a post workout meal. How bad is this? Is it even a bad thing at all? I'm going to slow it down to like 1x a week just because I've gone steak crazy for a minute. I think i ate steak 2x last week and despite the fact I never tire of steaks, my family does (hence the post workout meal vs dinner). Normally I enjoy a lot of turkey and chicken, but steak is on the top of my fav's. Beef is the best form of protein after all, so how often should I be able to get away with a steak???

I have to agree with Robo here. Red Meat has its advantages and disadvantages. The real issue with it is saturated fats which impact your blood cholesterol levels. Leading to a bunch of possible health issue. The two biggest being Heart Attack and Stroke.

That said if you limit your intake to 1 or 2 times a week and high cholesterol doesn't run in your family you should be fine. Moderation bro, it lets you enjoy and it avoids killing you. LOL

I love steaks. Porterhouse, Filet Mignon, NY Strip, T-Bone... steak in general. As long as it it's a marbleized, thick cut of beef cooked just right I love steaks. Here's why I ask about steaks though. Every day since this past Saturday I have either ate one for dinner, or as a post workout meal. How bad is this? Is it even a bad thing at all? I'm going to slow it down to like 1x a week just because I've gone steak crazy for a minute. I think i ate steak 2x last week and despite the fact I never tire of steaks, my family does (hence the post workout meal vs dinner). Normally I enjoy a lot of turkey and chicken, but steak is on the top of my fav's. Beef is the best form of protein after all, so how often should I be able to get away with a steak???

Shit. I eat so much steak, cows run when they see me

I eat alot of very lean cuts and extra lean ground beef the problem is the fat . fatty steaks I only have as cheat meals once on a while not a regular thing . if you want that as part of your regular diet maybe try a keto based aproach

moderation is the key... if you want to just get the benefits from it then you dont overdo it... it also depends on the cut... a filet for example has FAR better nutritional value than say a ribeye... i have one filet every 2 weeks generally... they have some EXCELLENT value but overdoing will definitely add unwanted weight... your overdoing it big time right now... you have to get that under control or it will become an issue with unwanted weight gain...

Ya i think steak often is fine. Aslong as there is other foods going in also. Plus the pean meats are better. Filets are what i eat but love a tritip or ribeye as the cheat treats

PHURIOUS

fuck that I like a good porterhouse cut about an inch or bigger thick. grilled rare to medium rare mmmmm almost better than fuckin

Ya i think steak often is fine. Aslong as there is other foods going in also. Plus the pean meats are better. Filets are what i eat but love a tritip or ribeye as the cheat treats

PHURIOUS

me and phurious have had a few steak conversations LOL

Appreciate the input, I'll have to cut back for sure. Steaks to me are like crack to a crackhead... love that euphoric, savory sweetness. Eating them 4 days in a row though I know was overkill. I agree with rockmfhudd about the fattest, juiciest steaks they have...gotta gettem when I see them. I had demolished a steak an inch and a half thick that couldn't fit on my plate once last week. OMG... I know my heart was crying afterwards lol. I'll try to trim down to 1x a week...gonna miss all that marbled and aged goodness though... and the horseradish sauce.

Aww shizzit... you're killin me bro especially with that savory au jus... and some loaded potatoes. Diet going straight to hell talking to you lol. Tomorrow will be chicken breast day : (

i have to agree with the savory au jus... a good piece of fucking prime rib is RIDICULOUS although i haven't had one since probably the early 2000's because im so strict but damn i would love to have more of it

i have to agree with the savory au jus... a good piece of fucking prime rib is RIDICULOUS although i haven't had one since probably the early 2000's because im so strict but damn i would love to have more of it

I don't see how you do it bro... my mind frame was as long as I work out as hard as I do I deserve to be able to eat what I choose, but alas it took it's toll on my midsection. My son would say stuff like 'You're the swole guy with a gut dad', or 'abs on strike again?'... teens are harsh lol. My favorite restaurant is Chauma Guacha Brazilian Steakhouse... I eat nothing but meats there. Gawd this is awful. Now that my wife is embracing the gym I can get away with cooking healthier, son will be in college in a few months so there's nothing to hold us back. I'm getting tired of being the dude with a tight stomach, but always looking like I'm on a bulk.
I have "ab-bitions" (ambitions) though. Wanna be able to peel off the tee and put 20 year olds to shame with more than just sheer mass.

I don't see how you do it bro... my mind frame was as long as I work out as hard as I do I deserve to be able to eat what I choose, but alas it took it's toll on my midsection. My son would say stuff like 'You're the swole guy with a gut dad', or 'abs on strike again?'... teens are harsh lol. My favorite restaurant is Chauma Guacha Brazilian Steakhouse... I eat nothing but meats there. Gawd this is awful. Now that my wife is embracing the gym I can get away with cooking healthier, son will be in college in a few months so there's nothing to hold us back. I'm getting tired of being the dude with a tight stomach, but always looking like I'm on a bulk.
I have "ab-bitions" (ambitions) though. Wanna be able to peel off the tee and put 20 year olds to shame with more than just sheer mass.

i have my days brother, but ultimately, it weights and balances and whats of the most importance to you... trust me, i would love to just eat freely at times but i just KNOW i'll regret it and i work too damn hard otherwise to risk what i have right now, even though i would love to enjoy things here and there and ultimately, i take it way too far, and i know that, because you CAN and SHOULD have something of enjoyment here and there and i literally never do but that's what i do brother, i try to defy odds, be the rarest, the best etc... not to say I am, but that's what i try for... you dont have to go that far, noone does, but you can definitely make some changes and do exactly what you want by putting 20 years olds to shame... trust me, you most certainly can do it...

Top Bottom