napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Testosterone and memory loss

brannon116

Just wanted to share something for anybody interested in testosterones role as a neuroprotective. So I have an anxiety disorder for which I used to be medicated for. I took about 4-6mg of clonazepam (klonopin) a day for it. Needless to say that’s a pretty large sized dose for most people... I started working out and started a my third cycle which was turinabol and testosterone (tbol at 60mg a day and testosterone cyp at 375 a week). I continued taking klonopin with surprisingly no memory loss at all even when I finished my cycle and started trt at 125 a week I had no issues. I came off trt which I know isn’t very smart at all. Anyways my memory after 3-4 months of stopping trt changed entirely. I could barely remember things from the day before, I was starting to have a very mild stutter because I couldn’t think fast enough etc and it got progressively worse. I got back on trt and the memory loss stopped progressing. I only had the dramatic memory loss when I took the medication. Anyways I thought this would be something interesting to share and was wondering if anybody had any theories on why this took place. My theory is the testosterone acted as neuroprotection against the klonopin but I know a lot might disagree. Interested to hear everybody’s thoughts on this!

That's some really interesting information. I don't know enough about klonopin to make any educated guesses about interactions with exogenous test.

Glad you guys found it interesting! As far as mental health and well being goes testosterone has worked wonders for me.

Being optimized on your test levels have benefits beyond what many even realize

trt is life changing if you truly need it... thats undeniable... there's too many people that just push themselves on it without needing it but if you do need it, it definitely makes a huge difference in quality of life

Yes I notice a huge difference in my memory sharpness when on testosterone that was one of the things that got me so hooked over the muscle building effects

Brain function in general....not just memory loss can be adversely affected when you have low test. So technically test can in a sense make you smarter....if you're deficient to begin with

That's called brain fog from the lack of DHT. You can get brain fog also from taking Finasteride and lowering DHT too low. This is why most people feel good on just a TRT dosage of Test and a little Proviron. Doesn't take much.

amen to this post! i can relate very well! life before TRT i was always trying to recover, once i dabbled with tren it totally shot my test from recovering. Anyways, yes tons of brain fog. I almost felt sick or like a dying feeling before TRT. My quality of life is night and day now before i chose to stay on. Huge life decision but more than worth it. My mental sharpness, energy and motivation is so different now.

Top Bottom