napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Testosterone blood test, thinking about doing TRT

chuck5447

Looking for clarification on my testosterone blood test

Can someone help me interpret these results below? I got it done here in the UK not sure if thats why it has a totally different units of volume system, whihc confused me a bit.

I thought about going onto TRT as I have some of the symptoms, but not all. Im 39 and experience fatigue, very bad sleep and lack of energy. No sleep apnea, just medium heavy snorer.
The testosterone clinic sent back the resuls and said "Your total levels are normal and your free testosterone levels are within range". Now I tried to convert these to ng/dl and its
Total test : 815.56
Free test: 13.17

Not sure how tthe hell free test can be at all within range.

And yes, i most certainly will make an appointment with my doctor about the PSA result.

It would be good if anyone that can shed some light into these test results please ? Would TRT level out this mess ?

Biochemistry
Albumin 42.9 35 - 50 g/L

Hormones
FSH 2.7 1.5-12.4 IU/L
LH 8.3 1.7-8.6 IU/L

Oestradiol 134 41 - 159 pmol/L
Testosterone 28.30 8.64 - 29 nmol/L
SHBG H 56 18.3 - 54.1 nmol/L
Free-Testosterone(Calculated) 0.457 0.2 - 0.62 nmol/L
Prolactin H 713 86 - 324 mU/L

Thyroid Function
TSH 3.27 0.27 - 4.20 mIU/L
Free T4 18.90 12.0 - 22.0 pmol/L

Markers
PSA (Prostate) H 3.920 <1.4 ug/L

Last edited:
well...

your shbg is too high and needs to come down... you have an extremely elevated prolactin level, which should be of concern and your psa is high, which is a prostate concern...
what do you mean you thought about trt? good luck with that... your test level is extremely high ... what on earth would make you think you need trt or that it would help... how on earth do you think testosterone would fix your prolactin and psa? you dont have other issues anywhere else...

Your free test is pretty damn good for your age I think . don't think you need TRT at all but im no expect in regards to assessing bloods etc so id let the other experienced guys jump in .

I guess if my levels are ok and i dont need exogenous testosterone and i dont need to post here. (thought perhaps TRT would reduce estrogen but thats my lack of knowledge at this point, still learning)

I would be greatful if someone can explain why my total T and free T has such a big difference, free T being on the lower end, and perhaps how i can improve low free T.

Thanks !

how would testosterone lower estrogen? exogenous testosterone will INCREASE estrogen, not lower it...

Thanks Dylan, i see that now. Just watched your new vid, super interesting.

Just throwing it out there, in my case having high Prolactin and Estrogen levels, would Caber be useful to normalise the high Prolactin (and in turn Estrogen) ? You mentioned improves sleep also, which would be great

yeah looks good but I don't feel I tho, total lack of energy. prolactin is 713 wtf! last time i checked im not pregnant ..

Proviron will be all you would need wit a test level like that since your free test is so low and your total test is so high I would love to have a test level of that much without TRT. See so what dualism is saying and look into your other issues

Proviron will be all you would need wit a test level like that since your free test is so low and your total test is so high I would love to have a test level of that much without TRT. See so what dualism is saying and look into your other issues

Thanks for your reply, I will take Proviron after i consult a doc to rule out any other underlying issues. What do you mean with dualism?

Your test is near the high end of range
Why are you considering TRT? Caber would help with the prolactin but I don't recommend Proviron due to your PSA level it can definitely raise that number. Have you done any nandrolone cycles lately?

Top Bottom