napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

tendon and muscle pain from lifting

RussellsMuscles

i am getting a throbbing pain in my middle deltoids (especially the left one) and right on my elbows/forearms. and every time i lift chest with dumbbell press it burrrnnns. i can barely lift my phone or type on the computer without it throbbing my whole entire elbow. its like a muscle or a tendon or something. reminds me of the pain i would get from pitching a baseball too much...could this be from weightlifting? are my tendons struggling to keep up? within three weeks i have gone fromdoing dumbbell bench press at 40 pounds for 12 reps to 70 pounds for 12 reps as an example of why i think weightlifting is harming me. i never do below 5 reps but i will in the future, i want to do compound movements at 8-12 reps to strengthen my supporter stabilizing muscles.

That's a hellava jump in weight over 3 weeks the extra weight could be taking a toll. I get really bad shoulder pain when doing chest exercises but I chalk it up to old age. If I remember correctly your rather young.

Why does my deltoid muscle hurt?
Symptoms. A sudden pain in the muscle at the front of the shoulder is common. Pain is reproduced when lifting the arm from your side to the front keeping it straight against resistance. ... A rotator cuff strain may have similar symptoms to a deltoid strain and is probably far more common so should always be considered. (throwing a baseball)

Be careful bro....I've been working through shoulder Rotator strain (MRI clean) for past 2 months and incline heavy dumbells (the effin
lift up - not even press dammit)....when in doubt take it easy. Had to re-think lifts and recovering but sucks it happened.
Alot of youtubes on simple tests you can do to see if similar. -bb

I've been dealing with tendinitis in both elbows for years. Back in Oct. 15', I had to take two months off and recover. Took over a year to start lifting heavy again. Even to this day I get flare ups which shorten my lifts. I would highly recommend fish oil and a joint sup if you're not on one already. Start doing research and pin point the root of your pain. Always remember, tendons and ligaments aren't oxygenated like muscles are. They need more time to rest and heal.

Stay smart and safe.

Last edited:
bro, i have been dealing with this ever since i ran my last cycle because of the drastic increase in weights i am lifting... you have tennis elbow... its tendinitis in the elbow and it fucking shoots throughout your arm... anything that ends in "itis" means "inflammation of" said location... now, what is happening is you have inflammation, which hits a nerve, and FUCKING SUCKS! i mean, it just flat ass sucks... i am in pain constantly, especially on bicep movements... i use ibuprofein at times even though i fucking hate pills, but mk2866 has helped me a lot to deal with it, as has deca... mk677 is EXCELLENT because its used long term so it provides the alleviation you need...

I've been battling this myself for the last several months. My last blast I had some big increases in weights, and my elbow took a toll. It has went down some with the help of mk677 and MK-2866 but it is still there to some degree. It just takes time to get it healed competely and anti inflammatory meds like ibuprofen can help the pain plus bring the inflammation down

Hey Dylan, 2 years ago I had the tennis elbow (actually was radial nerve entraped)...anyhow, anti-inflam, wrist support...blah blah...then
doc wrote physical therapy treatment for 2 months. It consisted of 10min heat pad, 10min ultrasound, 10min deep tissue around areas, the
10min ice.....Did this twice week and I cannot stress how much this improved week to week (like 20% better every week). And I was
100% healed in 6 weeks (after 6 months of dicking with stretches, advil, etc,.). Maybe does not work for everyone but if you see
a ortho doc and you have the chance - this was my savior.

(PS, test cyp + dbol started it all :) as lifts just went up every single week and could not help but just lift more.....def a lesson learned
for me)

After I googled alot and there is something synergistic with combo of heat then ultrasound+massage then ice...I am a believe.

regards - bb

Hey Dylan, 2 years ago I had the tennis elbow (actually was radial nerve entraped)...anyhow, anti-inflam, wrist support...blah blah...then
doc wrote physical therapy treatment for 2 months. It consisted of 10min heat pad, 10min ultrasound, 10min deep tissue around areas, the
10min ice.....Did this twice week and I cannot stress how much this improved week to week (like 20% better every week). And I was
100% healed in 6 weeks (after 6 months of dicking with stretches, advil, etc,.). Maybe does not work for everyone but if you see
a ortho doc and you have the chance - this was my savior.

(PS, test cyp + dbol started it all :) as lifts just went up every single week and could not help but just lift more.....def a lesson learned
for me)

After I googled alot and there is something synergistic with combo of heat then ultrasound+massage then ice...I am a believe.

regards - bb
thanks for sharing... i had the same therapy on my back for so long and it did nothing whatsoever but it just depends on the severity... im really glad it worked for you! i wish it would have for me back then but hey, it all depends on the injury as well as the person

Although it didn't work for me, some people I've talked to swear by Tiger Balm and stretching. A good compression sleeve at night while sleeping did some good for me as well. If you must workout, remember to keep those wrists straight.

Lastly, don't forget swelling/inflammation is our bodies way of bring extra blood aka nutrients to the effected site for healing purposes. Masking that natural process with anti-inflammatory and pain meds will just prolong the healing process.

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the internet. Haha!

Top Bottom