PSL        esarms.com
bannednutrition.com

Thread: SubQ effectiveness and Needle gauge

SubQ effectiveness and Needle gauge

Are SubQ injections just as effective as IM (I've read they are but wanted to get some experienced views) and if so what's the best place (side of the stomach?) and what size needle gauge is needed (i.e 25 or 27g - 3/4 inch?)

i THINK most people do it around the belly button area. Just to the side of it a bit. yeah its just as effective from my knowledge but a slower release and peak for bloods

i prefer to go with im but you can do sub q, yes

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGemelli View Post
    i prefer to go with im but you can do sub q, yes
    and would 27g with a 3/4 or half inch needle be ok? need a bit more force to plunge obviously ...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe99 View Post
    and would 27g with a 3/4 or half inch needle be ok? need a bit more force to plunge obviously ...
    No that's a bit large for subq. A standard 29g for insulin is what you need.

Keep in mind that subq is for low volume amounts only. Probably no more than 0.3cc per injection or you take a big abscess risk

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Keep in mind that subq is for low volume amounts only. Probably no more than 0.3cc per injection or you take a big abscess risk
    exactly and people often overlook that

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGemelli View Post
    exactly and people often overlook that
    Cool, tks, so what gauge and length needle would you recommend for IM (say quad)? 25g, 1 inch? Or is 3/4 inch enough?

25 and 1 inch