napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Steroids vs Smoking. Which is worse?

What is worse for your health in the long run? Steroids or smoking? My grandpa has been smoking like 3-5 ciggarettes a day since he was 9 and he's 67 and still active. I don't smoke or anything like that, so I was wondering what is worse. A steroid user that exercises everyday and eats healthy compared to a smoker who has a shitty diet and lives sedentary.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Either one could be worse, but generally speaking on average smoking is probably worse.....but as said too many variables. If you have a guy that abuses the fuck out of steroids versus the guy that only smokes a couple cigarettes per day, I'd say the guy abusing steroids will probably be facing a much higher risk of heart attack and stroke. That's common sense. However somebody smoking two packs per day versus somebody cycling responsibly with respectable compounds and dosages, bloodwork, proper time off, etc....then the smoker is going to be at higher risk.

You have to consider use versus abuse.

Only smokes 3-4 a day and for over 50 years.... I've never seen a smoker have that kind of will power to only have a couple a day. For most smokers it's all in or nothing at all. Too hard to determine which is better. A lung exam would be helpful to see what kind of damage is done.

Why even make the comparison? What is that supposed to accomplish? The moral of the story is to live your life safe and healthy, and always think about longevity. Any vices you have (smoking, drinking, bad food, etc) should all be considered when making these choices along with cycling correctly so you have good longevity in your life.

Trust me, I'm a guy that enjoys life. I like to enjoy drinks a couple times a month, I like to have a chest meal once or twice a week, and since my wife smokes I've even had cigarette with her (though rare) at times when we had a couple drinks together. It's all about balance and maintaining that in your life.....enjoying life without real consequence. It actually can be done in my honest opinion

What are you talking about?? I didn't make any comparison. Just stated I've never seen a smoker for 50+ years only consume 3-4 a day. That's a rarity, not common was my only point. Didn't say anything about quality of life? What's a chest meal? Lol

Cheat meal lol

And I know plenty of smokers that only have a couple a day. It's actually not that rare

At least gear doesn't have you smelling like grilled asshole, well unless you're using guiacol no esters. Nothing like smelling worse than a rotting corpse exposed to triple digit heat. Guiacol smells like a hi traffic prostitute that asked you to tell her she's beautiful and tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think cigarettes are worse by a long shot. That shouldn't even be a question. You look like shit when you smoke, you smell like shit, your finger tips, your teeth, your breathing aren't all that great.

It also decreases the elasticity of your lungs, your body can adapt to the low O2 levels that you develop COPD and become low flow o2 dependent. Meaning you have to carry around an oxygen tank with you everywhere you go and much more other negative factors (heart attack,stroke, cancer etc)

When AAS is used right and taken proper precautions you should be somewhat fine. Now if you abuse and don't take care of yourself then that's when you have a problem. Moderation is key.

Not to mention you look better and healthier on AAS as well. Cigarettes turn you into a prune.

time to play devils advocate and keep in mind i dont care for smoking and do not condone tobacco whatsoever and have seen its destruction first hand however heres just some benefits of smoking :

Smoking lowers risk of knee-replacement surgery: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4051850/
Smoking lowers risk of Parkinson's disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19540050
Smoking lowers risk of obesity: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3195407/
Smoking helps the heart drug clopidogrel work better: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2844975/

Again i do not believe these benefits to outweigh the risk whatsoever, but when comparing AAS to tobacco they both can be detrimental in their own right,. smoking is bad, mmmkkkkk...

Last edited:
I would think cigarettes are worse by a long shot. That shouldn't even be a question. You look like shit when you smoke, you smell like shit, your finger tips, your teeth, your breathing aren't all that great.

It also decreases the elasticity of your lungs, your body can adapt to the low O2 levels that you develop COPD and become low flow o2 dependent. Meaning you have to carry around an oxygen tank with you everywhere you go and much more other negative factors (heart attack,stroke, cancer etc)

When AAS is used right and taken proper precautions you should be somewhat fine. Now if you abuse and don't take care of yourself then that's when you have a problem. Moderation is key.

depends on if were talking REQUIRED TRT or super physiological dosing ? the latter would definitely be unhealthy just like any other over dosing of drug usage, and TRT is unhealthy as well, but healthier than being hypo gonadal in a bigger picture. Dont trick yourself here bro

depends on if were talking REQUIRED TRT or super physiological dosing ? the latter would definitely be unhealthy just like any other over dosing of drug usage, and TRT is unhealthy as well, but healthier than being hypo gonadal in a bigger picture. Dont trick yourself here bro

OP stated a steroid user who eats healthy and exercises everyday, so I assume an individual who cycles on/off and takes proper precautions; gets bloodwork done and tries to keep everything within range. That person in comparison to an everyday smoker with a shit-diet, in my opinion, would be healthier. But there are a lot of variables, everybody's body is different.

OP stated a steroid user who eats healthy and exercises everyday, so I assume an individual who cycles on/off and takes proper precautions; gets bloodwork done and tries to keep everything within range. That person in comparison to an everyday smoker with a shit-diet, in my opinion, would be healthier. But there are a lot of variables, everybody's body is different.

right but cycling on and off an overdosing protocol ? your still overdosing, and guess what happens when youre overdosing with any drugs or anything for that matter. Very unhealthy.

both are unhealthy no matter how you slice it, many more reports of being unhealthy smokers because there are many more smokers than AAS users by a long shot so its more prevalent and noticeable. I just dont want you to trick yourself into believing one is healthier than the other in any way i want you to be eyes wide open with this so you know the potential dangers. Same goes for smokers

right but cycling on and off an overdosing protocol ? your still overdosing, and guess what happens when youre overdosing with any drugs or anything for that matter. Very unhealthy.

I guess it all comes down to the individual and how his body chemistry reacts to the compounds. I'm sure bloodwork isn't the prettiest after a cycle or a blast but taking proper precautions things can jump back within range. Now I'm not sure about nicotine if it causes some sort of permanent damage but you can definitely develop a physical addiction to it.

I guess it all comes down to the individual and how his body chemistry reacts to the compounds. I'm sure bloodwork isn't the prettiest after a cycle or a blast but taking proper precautions things can jump back within range. Now I'm not sure about nicotine if it causes some sort of permanent damage but you can definitely develop a physical addiction to it.

definitely, its one of those crazy things hard to even really categorize with so many variables. very difficult to prove either is worse, look at it like this you know whats worse than both ? fucken fast food hahah, crazy

Yes, it goes back to what I was saying about use versus abuse. That goes for smokers too. You can't put a blanket statement out there that smokers will all look like shit and carry around oxygen tanks. It doesn't work that way. I'm not here to back smokers, but my wife does smoke and has since she was 17. She only smokes maybe 3 or 4 a day.....but she just turned 45 years old and everyone thinks she is maybe 35 at the most. She looks nowhere near her age at all. Everybody and every situation is different, and like I said abuse versus use.....I've told the story many times but a friend of mine dropped dead of a massive heart attack 3 years ago at the age of 46 after years of steroid abuse

Yes, it goes back to what I was saying about use versus abuse. That goes for smokers too. You can't put a blanket statement out there that smokers will all look like shit and carry around oxygen tanks. It doesn't work that way. I'm not here to back smokers, but my wife does smoke and has since she was 17. She only smokes maybe 3 or 4 a day.....but she just turned 45 years old and everyone thinks she is maybe 35 at the most. She looks nowhere near her age at all. Everybody and every situation is different, and like I said abuse versus use.....I've told the story many times but a friend of mine dropped dead of a massive heart attack 3 years ago at the age of 46 after years of steroid abuse

I was giving an example of what smoking can do, just how steroid abuse can lead to massive hearts. My mother in law, just like your wife, smokes and looks younger than her age. Now I have a cousin who smokes and he's a different ballgame..it all comes down to genetics, body chemistry and the use vs abuse..

Top Bottom