napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Steroids and conceiving

salsakov

Hey Dylan,

First i want to say hi and i must say that i love ur YT channel i watch all of your videos, u give us ur knowledge and am very thankful /respect.

Now i have a question about conceiving a baby. Well i know that taking steroids short-circuits the body's natural hormone thermostat and that also tells the brain that the body is producing too much testosterone and it attempts to correct it by shutting down testosterone production in the balls.

I readed a lot of articles and studies but i can't find anything about on the affects of steroids on a future child if the father takes steroids?

I hope you understand what I'am asking bcs my english is bad :/

If you can make a video about this question that would be awesome :)

Hi Dylan thx for quick answer, ye that was my question. Here where i live there's couple examples of familys who got sick baby's and fathers was on gear..well they used it before. I know people will talk that's bcs of steroids where i think that has nothing in common(if used properly) , so it's any connection there or it's genetical reason

I have been taking AAS for the last 10yrs off and on. That being said I have two daughters, one 4 and one born a week ago. Both are healthy. That's just my experience though.

I have been taking AAS for the last 10yrs off and on. That being said I have two daughters, one 4 and one born a week ago. Both are healthy. That's just my experience though.

Nice to hear that, and btw gratz on newborn :)

Using gear can reduce your sperm count, and chances of conceiving, but there is nothing at all linking steroids to any kind of birth defect whatsoever. That would be related to something else entirely whether it be genetic or some other outside factor. There are literally millions of healthy babies that have been born from fathers on gear. A lot of people like to correlate steroids to absolutely everything negative that happens to a person, which is pretty insane and ridiculous

Congratulations bro, didn't wanna hijack the thread, just seems appropriate. Sleep well (not).

i have never had nor seen any encounters of that occurring whatsoever and i know A LOT of guys that have had children while using steroids bro

Odds are low but not impossible as there are many drugs that can cause preconception complications and is never advised to use drugs while attempting conception :

Medications
The patient's past and current medication use, including prescription, nonprescription, and herbal products, should be reviewed. A number of medications can affect sperm count and QUALITY, including alkylating agents, calcium channel blockers, cimetidine, colchicine, corticosteroids, cyclosporine, erythromycin, gentamicin, methadone, neomycin, nitrofurantoin, phenytoin, spironolactone, sulfasalazine, tetracycline, and thioridazine. Any medication use, including over-the-counter medications, should be guided by a risk–benefit calculus weighing the benefits for men's health against known or potential risks to sperm count and quality.
https://www.cdc.gov/preconception/careformen/exposures.html

Be Careful About Toxic Substances
Exposure to toxic substances and other harmful materials at work or at home, such as synthetic chemicals, metals, fertilizer, bug spray, and cat or rodent feces, can hurt the reproductive systems of men and women. They can make it more difficult for a couple to get pregnant. Exposure to even small amounts during pregnancy, infancy, childhood, or puberty can lead to certain diseases. Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones from toxic substances and other harmful materials at work and at home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom