napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Spring Break

drb_iac

Yikes...spring is on the way! Time to get to the gym and start buffing up.

More bouts of split routines, losing bodyfat from the winter mass building, all in the preparation for spring, ..overcoming yet another growth plateau... gag. Why can't I just take a pill... have a treatment... hire somebody... or fugitabodit?

I guess we all speak the same language,face the same problems,yet persevere with a mighty fight against the iron.

I guess that is what separates us from the ordinary, complacent and idle.

Now hard work and perseverance are disciplines, purposeful and noble, yet discipline is not the commonest or strongest characteristic observed among the worldwide populace. People by and large deserve outstanding mention for various behaviors (consumption, opposition, impatience, urgency, snoozing, wasting, amassing, borrowing, gambling, arguing, wrecking), but not discipline, not self-control. Discipline is the radiant crown worn by only the few.

Hard work, a jewel in that crown of splendor, could use a little clarification.

Not everyone is clear about perseverance, . Perseverance is not the sacrificial habit of showing up at the gym as usual, towel and water bottle in tow. After scanning the gym floor, a set of dumbbells are set in motion until the user becomes bored or dissatisfied or sleepy or distracted... "Hi, miss... I didn't catch your name... may I join you?"

Perseverance means assertively standing before the racks, bars and plates and engaging them with certainty and unbridled mind power again and again, come rain or come shine. The exercises are fundamental and sure, their execution rhythmic and pure. The metal passes from rack to hand, from floor to ceiling, side to side and back and forth with power, focus and form. The iron is moved from place to place. No distraction, wasted motion, no race or lost pace. Nothing stops till it stops, and starts again, on time, next time.

Perseverance and hard work: They work.

Can't talk about perseverance without talking about patience, and we can't talk about patience without talking about time. Furthermore, if you're going to talk about time, remember, time is money. Additionally, we'd be wise to recall that musclebuilding is a discipline, both purposeful and noble, and anything purposeful and noble is also valuable, or more clearly, worth money. And all this time you thought you were wasting time. Nope! You were getting rich. That's all I have to say about money.

There is no swift way to build muscle. No shortcuts, no accelerated methods, no secret passages, no advanced technology, no power-in-a-bottle, no next great cycle. Time and patience..bros...we know all know this.

Time is time, neither a person, place nor thing that can be controlled. Time, a condition, is out of our hands. Conversely, patience, a discipline, can be developed like a muscle. The wise and strong develop both at the same time.

A major problem, we have is we either seldom believe or do not believe strongly and for a sufficient length of time that our course of action is the right one. It seems like a good idea early on, but is soon reduced to another guess or reach into space where perfection does not exist. Doubt! Why doubt? Because this whole weight lifting thing is not going fast enough for us. I MUST NEED MORE TREN!

Doubt and confidence, a hilarious act, join the show, dancing out of step and singing off-key.

Alas, there is no perfect course of action. No perfect anything.

We can only aim and shoot and hope we don't hit ourselves in the foot. Anywhere on the target is close enough. Routines that are worked hard and consistently and diets that are followed regularly and to the T, and a cycle that will be the one!

We fail when we doubt our plans and are tentative in our actions. Our minds and movements are weak, withheld and not forthcoming. Speaking directly and scientifically as I often do,I must say that we fumble, bumble, mumble and crumble.

Ok so spring is coming ,following close behind is summer. Tans, beach,swim,walk around with 6 showing!

Well apply yourself. Trust yourself.

Work intensely and be persistent. This is very good.

Do it with attention, and interest; commitment and devotion.

And, whatever you do, do it with gusto and high hopes. How can you go wrong? You're lifting, you're learning and you're growing in body, mind and spirit. You are consistent, you eat right and you're smart.

Not every day requires an answer or a solution. Sometimes the answers don't come; sometimes there isn't an answer. Sometimes the answer comes later, tomorrow, another time. And of course sometimes the answer is wrong.

Often,.. more often than we realize, there is no question to answer, no predicament to resolve. Lift,diet cycle with gusto and have fun doing it.

I am heading back home soon,and this time taking wifey with me. It has been 45 years with her now..time to celebrate.. before the spring dicipline.

Take care bros!

Amazing post, DRB! I love that the majority of us here knows what it means to face adversity. We know what it means to persevere even when goals seem unattainable; to constantly put in the work, day after day, rep after rep, even when we don't "feel like it."

I am almost ALWAYS ready to train when I hit the floor, but let's face it, we all have those days. I had one midway through today's pull session. Fatigue set in, nausea started creeping up. I asked myself, "How bad do I want this?" Pushed through, and grinded. This is what makes us who we are :).

Motivational, man. I really appreciate this post.

More bouts of split routines, losing bodyfat from the winter mass building, all in the preparation for spring, ..overcoming yet another growth plateau... gag. Why can't I just take a pill... have a treatment... hire somebody... or fugitabodit?

I guess we all speak the same language,face the same problems,yet persevere with a mighty fight against the iron.

Now hard work and perseverance are disciplines, purposeful and noble, yet discipline is not the commonest or strongest characteristic observed among the worldwide populace. People by and large deserve outstanding mention for various behaviors (consumption, opposition, impatience, urgency, snoozing, wasting, amassing, borrowing, gambling, arguing, wrecking), but not discipline, not self-control. Discipline is the radiant crown worn by only the few.

Not everyone is clear about perseverance, . Perseverance is not the sacrificial habit of showing up at the gym as usual, towel and water bottle in tow. After scanning the gym floor, a set of dumbbells are set in motion until the user becomes bored or dissatisfied or sleepy or distracted... "Hi, miss... I didn't catch your name... may I join you?"

Perseverance means assertively standing before the racks, bars and plates and engaging them with certainty and unbridled mind power again and again, come rain or come shine. The exercises are fundamental and sure, their execution rhythmic and pure. The metal passes from rack to hand, from floor to ceiling, side to side and back and forth with power, focus and form. The iron is moved from place to place. No distraction, wasted motion, no race or lost pace. Nothing stops till it stops, and starts again, on time, next time.

Can't talk about perseverance without talking about patience, and we can't talk about patience without talking about time. Furthermore, if you're going to talk about time, remember, time is money. Additionally, we'd be wise to recall that musclebuilding is a discipline, both purposeful and noble, and anything purposeful and noble is also valuable, or more clearly, worth money. And all this time you thought you were wasting time. Nope! You were getting rich. That's all I have to say about money.

There is no swift way to build muscle. No shortcuts, no accelerated methods, no secret passages, no advanced technology, no power-in-a-bottle, no next great cycle. Time and patience..bros...we know all know this.

Time is time, neither a person, place nor thing that can be controlled. Time, a condition, is out of our hands. Conversely, patience, a discipline, can be developed like a muscle. The wise and strong develop both at the same time.

A major problem, we have is we either seldom believe or do not believe strongly and for a sufficient length of time that our course of action is the right one. It seems like a good idea early on, but is soon reduced to another guess or reach into space where perfection does not exist. Doubt! Why doubt? Because this whole weight lifting thing is not going fast enough for us. I MUST NEED MORE TREN!

Doubt and confidence, a hilarious act, join the show, dancing out of step and singing off-key.

We can only aim and shoot and hope we don't hit ourselves in the foot. Anywhere on the target is close enough. Routines that are worked hard and consistently and diets that are followed regularly and to the T, and a cycle that will be the one!

We fail when we doubt our plans and are tentative in our actions. Our minds and movements are weak, withheld and not forthcoming. Speaking directly and scientifically as I often do,I must say that we fumble, bumble, mumble and crumble.

Ok so spring is coming ,following close behind is summer. Tans, beach,swim,walk around with 6 showing!

And, whatever you do, do it with gusto and high hopes. How can you go wrong? You're lifting, you're learning and you're growing in body, mind and spirit. You are consistent, you eat right and you're smart.

Not every day requires an answer or a solution. Sometimes the answers don't come; sometimes there isn't an answer. Sometimes the answer comes later, tomorrow, another time. And of course sometimes the answer is wrong.

Often,.. more often than we realize, there is no question to answer, no predicament to resolve. Lift,diet cycle with gusto and have fun doing it.

I am heading back home soon,and this time taking wifey with me. It has been 45 years with her now..time to celebrate.. before the spring dicipline.

Take care bros!

Your posts are always so well written...love it bro

Amazing post, DRB! I love that the majority of us here knows what it means to face adversity. We know what it means to persevere even when goals seem unattainable; to constantly put in the work, day after day, rep after rep, even when we don't "feel like it."

I am almost ALWAYS ready to train when I hit the floor, but let's face it, we all have those days. I had one midway through today's pull session. Fatigue set in, nausea started creeping up. I asked myself, "How bad do I want this?" Pushed through, and grinded. This is what makes us who we are :).

Motivational, man. I really appreciate this post.

Yes...my obstacles are different...I have days where getting to the gym is my hurdle. Once I'm there though, game on. But perseverance is key!

Yes...my obstacles are different...I have days where getting to the gym is my hurdle. Once I'm there though, game on. But perseverance is key!

I hear that. My career requires me to spend extra hours sometimes at meetings/planning, etc. Luckily for me, I don't have children and my gf is just as excited to make gains as I am. Props to you, brother!

Take care bros!

Great reading Drb.

To all of my lil bros. We ALL go thru the same things. The iron kicks our butts and sometimes we kick the iron's butt. Trials and tribulations do not slow us down. I write this stuff JUST FOR YOU. I know how your brain works and thinks...been there...still there.
The message is that no matter what, you keep on trying to kick the iron in the butt. If you loose for a while then keep getting up and go back in swinging. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it is for me at my age to go to the gym day in and day out. BUT we know the cause is good so we keep on truckin. Don't ever ever stop. If you do stop..you will get old.
My wish for all of you...do not get old.

Awesome write up drb truly inspirational."Perseverance and hard work: They work."
Thanks Big Bro

Mutant

Take care bros!

Love the post. Words well spoken and definitely motivational..I needed to hear this! Thanks and enjoy the wifey time!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Always love reading your write ups DrB always full of inspiration and insight. Not only can you apply this to wieght training but to life in general. Have a safe trip home DrB

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

extremely well written as usual drb... your writing is not only inspirational but just flat out informative... noone can honestly say they dont soak in A LOT of info from each of your posts... you are truly appreciated brother

Its like you read my mind and decided to motivate me!!! Thank you for this post bro!!!!!

Dropped drb off at the AP this morning. I am sure he will be happy if he gave you some motivation. Funny how 4 big jacked sons bring him to the AP and he is no sooner out of our sight and we are all wiping back tears. He will be back Memorial Day...big beach vacation! I am sure he will have all 6 showing nicely.
He truly does think of this board as his family, and loves reading the posts. Even when he is aggravated,he gets over it very quickly.

Three guys at the gym this morning all muscular looking but very fat. Sounds like, and looks like they are dboling only. One of them does what he calls the Bulgarian workout but he is not even close. He does a bench press at 590lbs...one time, and they went on and on about what exercises to do to get that V taper. I am thinking, exercise your pie hole LESS. It reminded me of what drb posted here and what he always says....sometimes there need not be a question therefore no answer required. This was a perfect case. There was no question that needed answering.

Sometimes we over complicate things. If they did any lifting at all and less talk they could get closer to that V!

Top Bottom