napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Spinal disease help

Ezza

Hey, second time posting and would really like some secondary advice here if you have any?

I have just received my MRI results on my spine and I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. It's not an aggressive one thankfully, but it's present and my spine is dehydrating quicker than what is usually expected.

Are there any exercises / sups I could use to help slow this down? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey, second time posting and would really like some secondary advice here if you have any?

I have just received my MRI results on my spine and I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. It's not an aggressive one thankfully, but it's present and my spine is dehydrating quicker than what is usually expected.

Are there any exercises / sups I could use to help slow this down? Any advice would be appreciated!
I have de generative disc disease myself bro, as well as a herniated and bulging disc under L5, so I understand completely.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can take to reverse this or help tgis condition. Obviously you can take things for pain and inflammation, but no supplements will help you

ive had this for over half my life... i have done everything you can do... the first thing they teach you is to strengthen your core as much as humanly possible because of how your back will easily slip out of place... there are stretching techniques etc. but you have to understand what this means... your discs are wearing away in between your vertebrae... there's really no way to treat that... mine are so bad that is has caused chips in some of my vertebrae because they hit each other.. its nearly bone on bone

Bump Dylan on strengthening the core. Missed too often, especially in this case.

Be smart about training, it's not great news but it's something you can work around.

Bump Dylan on strengthening the core. Missed too often, especially in this case.

Be smart about training, it's not great news but it's something you can work around.
absolutely... the FIRST thing that you are going to be told with any back issue, especially lower back is to strengthen your core

I had the same problem. The disc between L4 and L5 took several years to become completely degenerated. I ended up having surgery. Now I have an artificial disk called a pro disc in between my vertebrae. I did everything I could to prolong the surgery but could not have a normal life at the end. It's been 3 years and I am 100% pain free with most of my mobility in tact. Was a life saver for sure. If you need a good orthopedic surgeon shoot me a PM. The Doctor that fixed me up is at the top of the food chain when it comes to replacement. I feel for you guys suffering from the condition. It's pain that eventually can't be managed.

I had the same problem. The disc between L4 and L5 took several years to become completely degenerated. I ended up having surgery. Now I have an artificial disk called a pro disc in between my vertebrae. I did everything I could to prolong the surgery but could not have a normal life at the end. It's been 3 years and I am 100% pain free with most of my mobility in tact. Was a life saver for sure. If you need a good orthopedic surgeon shoot me a PM. The Doctor that fixed me up is at the top of the food chain when it comes to replacement. I feel for you guys suffering from the condition. It's pain that eventually can't be managed.
I'm trying to avoid that route, but I'll do anything at this point to get pain free again.

I have a procedure scheduled to try an ablation on the nerve endings going to the facets causing my pain, basically burning the nerve endings so it eliminates the pain. Bad news is that not always will the nerve endings on the facets be the sole cause of the pain, and they do grow back after 9 months to 2 years. I'll know after Monday when they so the test on the nerve with anesthesia if and how much it helps

Yeah shit sucks big time, deal with those issues myself, the daily pain day in and out and usually once or twice a year something gives and I'll be immobilized for a week or so.
Just sucks because every single time I pick something up it is on my mind, curling heavy cables pulls puts a lot of pressure on my spine so that exercise I tend to avoid for sure, no deadlifts, squats etc. Just have to work around it and endure it when it goes out. Trying to avoid any type of surgery myself as long as I can.

Yeah shit sucks big time, deal with those issues myself, the daily pain day in and out and usually once or twice a year something gives and I'll be immobilized for a week or so.
Just sucks because every single time I pick something up it is on my mind, curling heavy cables pulls puts a lot of pressure on my spine so that exercise I tend to avoid for sure, no deadlifts, squats etc. Just have to work around it and endure it when it goes out. Trying to avoid any type of surgery myself as long as I can.
I feel you bro. I go through the same thing every time I have to bend over to pick up something, and I haven't done squats, deadlifts or bent over rows since last winter

Top Bottom