napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sore Bicep 2 Days After Spot Injection

Red89

Fellow athletes, Dylan.

Hope everyone is keeping well. I have a question that I hope I can get some help with.

I have experience cycling with various compounds. Years ago I used a slin needle to inject IGF-1 post-workout, into bicep heads. Without issue.

Tuesday I spot injected 0.9cc of Deca and NPP into my inner bicep head. I've been using Test E and Deca, with Test P and NPP as a kickstarter. This was my first time injecting oil into my bicep and wanted to try it. Did my research, sterilised with Dettol and let it dry. Used a 24g needle.

I immediately felt some soreness. Within 2 hours some mild swelling. Trained back and bi's that night. Managed to get a decent workout. Next day some mild swelling and 7/10 soreness.

Pain is 6/10 today (Thursday), but swelling is far worse. I cant extend or flex my bicep without feeling pain. There is some mild redness, but the inner bicep in its entirety is swollen. No sign of redness or swelling at the point of entry whatsoever, just the whole inner-bicep everywhere else. It's swollen by about 0.4" It feels a bit warm but mostly just red and swollen. Have had no issues using these same compounds this cycle into glutes or delts. I did have a similar incident with NPP, same brand on my last cycle, though this was into left delt and went away by itself after 5 days. It wasn't as bad, mind you.

I have no signs of fever. Just stiffness, pain and swelling.

Have been using 2 ibuprofen and a hot water bottle which seems to be helping a bit.

How concerned should I be? It seems I have just irritated the muscle but I want to be sure.

Thanks, gents.

Last edited:
21g harpoon [emoji44][emoji44][emoji44]? I pinned my pecs a while back and they were sore for over a week. If you don't have a fever then you'll be fine. I recommend nothing larger than a 25g in the bicep. 21g bro really? I hope that's a typo.

SORRY BRO. I meant 24G. Will edit now. Hahaha
You'll be ok... My pecs were REALLY sore for a while. I recommend starting with a really small amount of oil and slowly work your way up.

Thanks for the reassurance, man! Any tips to help it pass quicker? Was starting to panic when other forums were mentioning amputation and blood poisoning. Gym has a sauna, would this help irritation pass if I rub the muscle while sitting in there?

I was really worried for a while also. The important thing to remember is if you don't have a fever you will most definitely be ok.

Make sure you monitor your body temp but since you did disenfect id say you're good. I've personally never shot biceps but any new muscle I've tried always kills me the first few shots lol.

For any PIP I'd say use a little plug in hearing pad think I got mine at Walmart for like $10 helps a lot. Not sure how thick your oil is but you may be able to get away with a higher gauge needle as well especially for smaller muscles.

Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

Hey, Chris. Thanks for your reply. I did actually heat the ampules on the radiator prior to injecting. I thought I'd done everything right but apparently my virgin bicep is still pissed off! Thanks for the kind wishes, as long as this doesn't happen again it should be good. :rolleyes:

From what I've read, two places you want to stay away from pinning oils if you don't want pain....biceps and calves. Id say pick a different site. I dont know why you'd even pick that in the first place

Hi, Rick. Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to change it up. Was hitting glutes and delts and thought I'd give this a try. Unexpectedly spent a day away from home and only had 1cc syringes with me. Required 4cc worth of shots that day and should have picked quads. I was feeling adventurous, I guess.

Is this our first time pinning your Bicep with prop? if so then virgin muscle also NPP and test prop in which will leave some pip. Stop reading on forums they are not Doctors. If you get a fever go to urgent care and get checked out. Do not listen to forum wannabe doctors and if you are really concern go see a doctor and get checked out. I pinned my quads with test ace with a slin and my whole thigh was red as the it crystallized under my skin I took benydrl and heating pad and went away. How many inches was the needle?

Hey Dan, thank you for the advice. Pin was 1.18". This was my first time pinning the bicep whatsoever. It was a mix of NPP and Deca that I simply drew into the same syringe.
Got benadryl at home, will take some when I get home; never thought I'd be thankful for the fact that my girlfriend suffers from horrible hayfever.
Still no sign of fever, the pain seems better but redness and swelling may even seem a little worse. I attribute this to the hot water bottle I've had tucked under my arm all day, though. Thanks again for the insight, any sign of fever and I'll be straight to the emergency room.

Hey Dan, thank you for the advice. Pin was 1.18". This was my first time pinning the bicep whatsoever. It was a mix of NPP and Deca that I simply drew into the same syringe.
Got benadryl at home, will take some when I get home; never thought I'd be thankful for the fact that my girlfriend suffers from horrible hayfever.
Still no sign of fever, the pain seems better but redness and swelling may even seem a little worse. I attribute this to the hot water bottle I've had tucked under my arm all day, though. Thanks again for the insight, any sign of fever and I'll be straight to the emergency room.

no problem I get pip with NPP all the time no matter how great I pin it. Good luck bro hopefully it is nothing but a virgin muscle getting their cherry popped lol

How's your bicep doing now? Still pinning there or did you stop? I pinned my pecs once and never went back... Lol

Hey guys, this fell by the wayside for me, kept meaning to report back but forgot. The bicep was fine in the end. Weirdly, it never went back to being smaller than the right. It is now identical in size. Turns out it was a good thing in the end... Arguably.

Hah. Better 3 months late than never. Was tempted to make a joke about how hard it is to type with one arm...

Top Bottom