napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Smoking Weed

eorkjs

Hi dylan
I always hear that smoking weed help bodybuilders losing lot of fat and stay lean.
Does it really help losing fat?

I’ve never heard anything of the sort brother.. actually, some people use it during a bulking cycle to boost appetite...

The answer is No! being in a caloric deficit makes you lose fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm no bro. It doesn't burn fat at all. If anything it might make it harder to stay lean. Shit makes me hungry as fuck

Ummm no bro. It doesn't burn fat at all. If anything it might make it harder to stay lean. Shit makes me hungry as fuck

I have read some articles they say marijuana users tend to eat 600 more calories and still have smaller waist and leaner body.

here's the deal dude... when you smoke weed you get the munchies right? that is because you have an increase in metabolism... so a lot of smokers that smoke and DO NOT start slamming food or don't eat much WILL have the ability to lose weight, yes, but dont act as though smoking pot all day is going to be some miraculous weight loss drug, thats not how it works.. if you are active, have a great diet, train etc. then yes, you will likely lose weight.. key word is LIKELY but like i said, its not some lethal fat loss weapon or anything like that

here's the deal dude... when you smoke weed you get the munchies right? that is because you have an increase in metabolism... so a lot of smokers that smoke and DO NOT start slamming food or don't eat much WILL have the ability to lose weight, yes, but dont act as though smoking pot all day is going to be some miraculous weight loss drug, thats not how it works.. if you are active, have a great diet, train etc. then yes, you will likely lose weight.. key word is LIKELY but like i said, its not some lethal fat loss weapon or anything like that

Thnx a lot dylan for the great explanation.

What I gathered from the article was nothing more than correlation. No actual tie to fat loss from marijuana. They found that there were lower amounts of obese people that smoked compared to the national average of non smokers. I'd venture to say the same would be found with cigarette smokers too, and probsbly even lower. Why? Because people that smoke use that as a vice compared to food for some people. If you are smoking you aren't eating. Ever see how somebody that quits starts gaining weight? It's because they look to food to replace that vice. I dont think it's any more than that

https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/marijuana-for-weight-loss-does-it-actually-work

There is the theory that THC can help burn fat. The reason for this being is that THC is a fat in itself. The THC binds to your body fat. By the THC binding to your fat, your body will most likely try to eliminate it from your system faster. Although without proper dieting and exercise, all its really going to do is make you eat a bunch and pack on more unwanted pounds. That being said, through my experiences, marijuana can definately help as a pre workout since it gets your heart going(especially sativa dominant strains).

I always thought Weed increased estrogen levels which is why i always stayed away from it. My girlfriend smokes every day so if it can possibly help with fat loss then im all in lol. those edibles hit me big time!

I dont really see how it would screw with your hormone levels? Anyway, i tend to smoke before i train it really gets me in the zone. As far as the fat loss thing goes, its a theory; but its a theory that seems to work for me! I ´ve had better results compared to when i wasnt smoking weed at all. It definately helps in my opinion!

there are studies that show in can increase estrogen and lower sperm count but its not going to give someone fucking gyno or something like that... it can raise it slightly, yes...

I dont see anything wrong with taking a few puffs here and there. I used to smoke (dabs) every day when I was at my leanest and this was before cycling. Weed has a reputation for giving ppl the "munchies" but it has the opposite effect on me. Not saying weed got me lean but it def made my meals a lot more enjoyable and kept the beers to minimum. The mind-muscle connection when you lift is a bit more pronounced but i would lift more for feel if im high vs lifting heavy. I also tend to stretch more because I'm more in-tuned with my body and ill realize how tight my body is.

Indica >

Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong with taking a few puffs here and there. I used to smoke (dabs) every day when I was at my leanest and this was before cycling. Weed has a reputation for giving ppl the "munchies" but it has the opposite effect on me. Not saying weed got me lean but it def made my meals a lot more enjoyable and kept the beers to minimum. The mind-muscle connection when you lift is a bit more pronounced but i would lift more for feel if im high vs lifting heavy. I also tend to stretch more because I'm more in-tuned with my body and ill realize how tight my body is.

Indica >
theres not anything wrong with it whatsoever and im with you, im an indica guy for sure

Top Bottom