napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Smoking and muscle building

reemotro

We all agree that smoking is bad hands down on the over all health but I am a smoker but not a heavy one I like to have 3-4 cig with my coffee every day does smoking affect muscle building? and if so how does it affect it

Your muscle growth is directly diminished when your muscles are deprived of oxygen. Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen available to your muscles in two distinct ways. First, in reducing the rate of blood flow to the muscles, you limit their exposure to oxygen in the blood. Second, because smokers produce more phlegm than nonsmokers, respiration is hindered. This reduction in respiratory activity limits the amount of oxygen entering your bloodstream, so when your already-diminished blood flow reaches your muscles, it is carrying less oxygen to them.

Having normal or high testosterone levels is also of great benefit to you when trying to build muscle. Smoking may damage the cells that produce testosterone within your body. This interferes with your testosterone production and leaves you with lower than average testosterone levels. Because testosterone governs muscle growth from exercise and directed muscle training, a lack of it in your body will significantly hamper your results.

Carbon monoxide from cigarette smoke also bonds with the hemoglobin molecules in your blood, to the exclusion of oxygen. Tar from cigarettes also accumulates in your airways and limits the amount of air you take in. The presence of tar also hinders your lungs’ natural cleansing mechanism, allowing other pollutants to collect and diminish airflow. As your lung capacity and oxygen supply decrease, your muscles starve for the oxygen they need to grow and develop.

Several properties of cigarette smoke can diminish your overall energy levels. The strain on your heart and lungs, as well as the high you get from smoking, all leave you feeling generally less energetic than a nonsmoker. Your ability to endure longer workouts, or to increase the intensity of your existing exercise routine, will suffer as you use cigarettes. This loss of endurance may force you to cut your exercise short, limiting the number of repetitions you can perform and shortening the time you spend developing muscle.

A smoker’s heart beats an average of 30 percent faster than that of a nonsmoker, which affects the outcome of your exercise in significant ways. Because your heart is working harder to achieve adequate circulation, you use more energy during your workouts. This increase in heart rate, and the resultant increase in blood pressure, diminishes blood flow and reduces your overall performance when performing the same exercise routine as a nonsmoker. When your exercise routine is designed to encourage muscle building, your diminished performance will yield less muscle than that of a healthy nonsmoker.

I hate smoking. And I urge anyone to quit..there's nothing good about it at all...but I will say this. Marcus ruhl smoked like a bitch, and he is one of the world's largest body builders...but his lungs probably black af

I hate smoking. And I urge anyone to quit..there's nothing good about it at all...but I will say this. Marcus ruhl smoked like a bitch, and he is one of the world's largest body builders...but his lungs probably black af
i despise cigarettes with a passion

Is smoking counterproductive? Yes? In the grand scope of things as far as gains does it matter much? No....but there are bigger issues with smoking than gains...namely your health

i see people outside the gym smoking, they go in do some cardio and come out and have another. its crazy. hell yesterday i saw one of the bigger trainer dudes smoking out back. i'll never understand it

Carbon monoxide from cigarette smoke also bonds with the hemoglobin molecules in your blood, to the exclusion of oxygen. Tar from cigarettes also accumulates in your airways and limits the amount of air you .

A smoker’s heart beats an average of 30 percent faster than that of a nonsmoker.

These factors are going to be what immediately debilitates you're ability to make gains brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoking dangers are heavily imbelished by the anti tobacco agency. I encourage you to look at a study done by the fda themselves where they state smoking 1- 2 cigars a day is associated with nearly no health risk at all, or at least not enough of a health risk yo get worried about. 1-2 cigars is equivalent to the damage of about half a pack which once again according to the FDA, is nearly 0% health risk.

I used to smoke for 4 years I started when I was 13 I stopped right around my 18th birthday I got into it because of my grandfather he would leave his pack of smokes around the house and I would being the sneaky ass kid I was, smoke them when he wasn't around, till one day he caught me and being a friend more than a positive role model my grandfather & I started smoking together I thought it wouldn't harm me and it would have no effect on my health what so ever because I justified it as me being young and my body can recover quick, realizing that was BS & when I was a freshmen in highschool I couldn't run for shit I had trouble sleeping due to my breathing I actually had trouble with libido for a bit, long story short as I started getting into bodybuilding I quit the habit I feel so much better I feel cleaner my libido is back to normal I don't smell like a damn ash tray, and my cardio Health is so much better than what it used to be.
you have the power to quit it's all a mindset !

We all agree that smoking is bad hands down on the over all health but I am a smoker but not a heavy one I like to have 3-4 cig with my coffee every day does smoking affect muscle building? and if so how does it affect it

I'm assuming you have your coffee in the mornings and burning 3-4 cigs a day is quite a bit bro. I dare to say that if you only smoke 3-4 a day you haven't considered the damage done/to come. 3 x365=1095, x4 = 1460 / 20= 55 and 73 packs of cigarettes prospectively. I hate to sound like a bitch, but lets analyze what you said above 'I am a smoker but not a heavy one'... you're beginning to justify your smoking. I challenge you to try a vape mod. I used to smoke casually then it attacked my ass like a shark swathing around in chum. Went from 3 or 4 to half a pack, to being in Iraq burning 2 packs while on mission. Hell smoking a cig before a PT test would help me run better by opening up my lungs I had it so bad. Then I got a vape mod... haven't touched a smelly ass cigarette since. I even blaze my small doses of pain relief Kush in a bowl because I don't wanna get used to a cigarette like sensation. Bro you get a mod and you pick a vape oil flavor you're interested in and I'll send you a big ass'd bottle of it. Trust me bro you'll thank me for it later.

smoking and bodybuilding...
lol..nooo

smoking and pie eating contest....absolutely

come on bro...of you're going to willfully do something you KNOW is bad for you....man up and own it...dont be looking for someome to tell you " oh..go ahead..its not really so bad"

Last edited:
smoking and bodybuilding...
lol..nooo

smoking and pie eating contest....absolutely

come on bro...of you're going to willfully do something you KNOW is bad for you....man up and own it...dont be looking for someome to tell you " oh..go ahead..its not really so bad"

buen is my personal idealization of "WWAD" aka What Would Arnold Do... if he says it, as far as I'm concerned (even at my limited brain capacity) it's gospel.

These factors are going to be what immediately debilitates you're ability to make gains brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
absolutely... if you are going to smoke you are just going to have to deal with what comes along with it and thats NOTHING good...

I'm assuming you have your coffee in the mornings and burning 3-4 cigs a day is quite a bit bro. I dare to say that if you only smoke 3-4 a day you haven't considered the damage done/to come. 3 x365=1095, x4 = 1460 / 20= 55 and 73 packs of cigarettes prospectively. I hate to sound like a bitch, but lets analyze what you said above 'I am a smoker but not a heavy one'... you're beginning to justify your smoking. I challenge you to try a vape mod. I used to smoke casually then it attacked my ass like a shark swathing around in chum. Went from 3 or 4 to half a pack, to being in Iraq burning 2 packs while on mission. Hell smoking a cig before a PT test would help me run better by opening up my lungs I had it so bad. Then I got a vape mod... haven't touched a smelly ass cigarette since. I even blaze my small doses of pain relief Kush in a bowl because I don't wanna get used to a cigarette like sensation. Bro you get a mod and you pick a vape oil flavor you're interested in and I'll send you a big ass'd bottle of it. Trust me bro you'll thank me for it later.
I second this 100 percent I smoked 6 years and switched to vaping. I feel 1000 times better too. Your lungs will clear out and it takes time but I haven't had a cigarette in over 3 years and I never will again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

me2, and especially the asshats that are too fucking lazy to bin them, and just throw them everywhere.
that shit disgusts me!! i talked shit to someone at the theme park i took my little cousins to... fucking sitting there blowing smoke right towards kids!! i seriously stopped and talked shit in front of everyone and he fucking put it out and walked away...

Top Bottom