napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

shoulder to waist ratio

womoclean

Dylan,

I am focused on maximizing my shoulder to waist ratio (golden ratio 1.618)

Do squats and dead lifts increase waist size?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

If you're asking if you should skip squats and dead lifts because you fear it will increase your waist then no.

They will build up muscles in your core but that area is like 99% genetics and fat percentage. Your waist isn't going to suddenly blow up with inches of muscle

Just hit your compound lifts, stay low bf and build up them shoulder and chest my dude

How did you even come up with that number!?! I'm still learning new shit all the time so I'm curious how you came to that conclusion

food increases your waist size... anytime you increase mass you can increase your waist and both lifts will increase mass if you are eating properly to accommodate that

How did you even come up with that number!?! I'm still learning new shit all the time so I'm curious how you came to that conclusion

I imagine his info is from the following

According to the ancient Greeks, the ideal male physique should have these measurements: the arms should be 2.5 times the circumference of the wrist, the calves 1.9 times the ankle size, the thighs 1.75 times the knee, the shoulders 1.6 times the waist and the neck 2.5 times the wrist.

That is some serious obsession. 😂 calm down man. Just gain the muscle and cut down if you need to. How you will look is determined by your genetics.

Jeez bro. Just add muscle, get lean, eat right and look your best

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Don't overthink this bro. I understand wanting a good V taper, and you can accomplish that by losing bodyfat and getting some nice Lat width with the right back exercises.

I imagine his info is from the following

According to the ancient Greeks, the ideal male physique should have these measurements: the arms should be 2.5 times the circumference of the wrist, the calves 1.9 times the ankle size, the thighs 1.75 times the knee, the shoulders 1.6 times the waist and the neck 2.5 times the wrist.
Thanks for the lesson cause I definitely didn't know that.
oh good lord... lolll wow...
Right.
i thought i was overthinking it on myself but this shows me that im not so bad!
I thought this was how you did bro. Lol.

Top Bottom