napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Shoulder Injury

Hey guys. I hope to get some responses to this post. I fear that I injured my right shoulder/rotator cuff. I think I did it while training my back. I have had a dull pain in my shoulder joint for about 2 weeks now. Sometimes it disappears, sometimes it is problematic. I can take ibuprofen to relieve the pain, but the fact that it has persisted for a while now scares me. I know I should probably see a doctor, but I haven't because although it is a problem, it doesn't seem like I have suffered a lot of actual damage. I don't know. I also feel a bit of pain in my right elbow, which I only really notice when the shoulder starts to hurt. Maybe a pinched nerve? I haven't been able to really train because after a set or two of bench presses or over head presses or rows, it starts to hurt. My strength is noticeably less. I feel the greatest amount of discomfort underneath the mid delt and sort of on top of the bone. When the elbow hurts, it's sort of on the outside where the triceps attach at the joint.

I am sure some of you will just tell me to go to the doctor, but does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Will it go away on its own given enough time? I hate doctors. I am afraid of surgery. It bothers me, but I have suffered much worse. In any case, I need it to get better. Any advice or experiences would be much help.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

From what you’re saying, it doesn’t seem like you have any instability or a cuff tear. When you try and lift your arm, if it pinches around 60 degrees it could be impingement. From what you’re describing, possibly subacromial bursa. So, I’d think that rest would take care of it but I know no one wants that answer. I don’t know your age or history but doing some rotator cuff specific exercises is something we should all do more of. Don’t be afraid to go to an ortho. It might only take a corticosteroid injection to get you feeling good again. Just rest and start back slower than you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you been lifting ? This sounds like a pretty common injury I know plenty of lifter with messed up shoulders and elbows including myself lol it could take weeks to heal and u might still get pain now and again weather changes and nutrient levels can agrivate those injuries as well. Should really think about joint supplements to help lubricate and keep joint and tendons healthy cuz they will only get worse but that's the name of the game when lifting. Get a good joint supplemtn and you should notice a difference within a matter of days.

Oh yeah, no real affect on range of motion. I still stretch and work on mobility of the joint. Sometimes that can hurt a bit, but the pain is only really bad when I lift weight with my right arm.

I am 31. I have a lot of training experience, but I have only been really consistent with training for about 2 years, and I never want to fall off the path that I am finally on. I started lifting a bit in high school, lifted a bit in college and after, but in each case it would only be for a few months at a time, maybe as much as half a year. I used to get a bit of discomfort in my left elbow, but no problem with that now. When I lift, I try to do my best with intensity, but I also pay a lot of attention to my form. I also have a lifting partner to spot me and help evaluate my movement and form.

If you train hard you’re bound to tweak something from time to time but be safe and always aware that if you want to be doing this in 10 years then you have to take care of yourself. The real gains come with consistency and you have to be healthy for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is a very very common injury we all go through when strength training but you have to be careful with it to not make it worse... i would lift lighter on chest days and shoulder days or skip them for a week or two... stretching is very very important as well... you want to take it easy on it because just pushing over and over will lead to a worse injury... its nothing major and you wont need a lot of time off unless you force it to be that way

Top Bottom