napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sex hormone bg question

PI GUY

I recently had some labs done with my doctor.

my shbg came n as this...

Your Value Standard Range
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 16.3 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9 nmol/L

So I am below normal.

My test is ...

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 1488 ng/dL 264 - 916 ng/dL

I am sure he is going to want to drop my test dosage down. It is currently at 200 mg a week

How does the SHBG effect everything.is low better or worse?

low and behold my doctor called me about fiveminuates after I posted this.

He says not to worry about the low SHBG

SHBG binds up free testosterone. When testosterone is bound up it can't attach to our receptors. The more SHBG we have, the less relative testosterone we have. So high test levels and low SHBG means train your ass off because your prime for protein synthesis.

Too low is not better. I can't say I know a ton about SHBG, but it does play a role. One of those roles is it acts as a transport for the hormones, particular to sites that are outside of the vascular system.

Too low is not better depending on what your definition of "too low" is. It's very common for SHBG to become lower when supraphysiological doses of testosterone is introduced into the blood. This is not abnormal being on cypionate. Low SHBG is the body's attempt to lower free-test through usage. The same enzyme-sensors that regulate other hormones. Thyroid goes down, TSH goes up. Blood sugar goes up, Insulin goes up. Testosterone goes up, SHBG goes down. As we age, test levels go down, SHBG goes up. It's common that's why your doctor isn't worried.

Too high of SHBG can have a very negative effct on your libido. You do not want it tanked either, but being at the low end of the range with SHBG is not necessarily a bad thing

you are at the low end but its not abnormally low where you should be highly concerned... if it starts to drop a down under 10, then you need to be more concerned but where its at now, i would not be too concerned...

Top Bottom