napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Sarms and Metabolic damage from dieting

Jhicks65

Hey everyone i am new to this forum and the site. I have been dieting for around a year and a half and have lost 32 pounds and gained some muscle. I just recently purchased a 12 week sarms cycle of SR9009, GW, and S-4. I am worried that I may have some metabolic damage from dieting so long with a low amount of calories. Do sarms correct and fix the issues from metabolic damage as a result of dieting?

I currently weigh 215 and I am 6'0. My bodyfat is around 20-21% but my goal is to drop down to 185 and be around 8-10% bodyfat. My calories are currently at 1900 a day with 215 grams of protein and the remaining calories coming from carbs and fats. I'm worried that my metabolism is damaged and I won't be able to lose the weight to reach my goal. What are some thoughts on my issue? thanks, Jared.

I don't think you have to worry about it. SARMS really take you to the next level, repairing, building lean body mass, help combat cortisol as well as stop muscle wastage.

I know my metabolism has continued to improve as I've gotten older user SARMS and I'm not too effected when I'm in a calorie deficit. That's just been my experience over the years.

Congratulations on losing 32 pounds, that is a major accomplishment. Why do you think you've done metabolic damage? Has your weight loss plateaued? Weight loss plateaus are normal. USUALLY, when this happens, you either decrease calories or Increase energy output. But, in your case I wouldn't decrease my calories any further. Going below BMR for extended periods of time causes problems. Unfortunately, your body has probably adapted to the reduced calorie restriction and therefore you are no longer in a calorie deficit. I would slowly reverse diet back up to maintenance calories, hang there for 2-3 weeks, rest, recover then go back into a calorie deficit of 500cal per day. I had to do 3-4 cuts to go from 24%BF down to 10%BF. Its hard to do it all in one long cut without a plateau.

Hey everyone i am new to this forum and the site. I have been dieting for around a year and a half and have lost 32 pounds and gained some muscle. I just recently purchased a 12 week sarms cycle of SR9009, GW, and S-4. I am worried that I may have some metabolic damage from dieting so long with a low amount of calories. Do sarms correct and fix the issues from metabolic damage as a result of dieting?

I currently weigh 215 and I am 6'0. My bodyfat is around 20-21% but my goal is to drop down to 185 and be around 8-10% bodyfat. My calories are currently at 1900 a day with 215 grams of protein and the remaining calories coming from carbs and fats. I'm worried that my metabolism is damaged and I won't be able to lose the weight to reach my goal. What are some thoughts on my issue? thanks, Jared.
Sr9009 was actually created and produced with the intent on treating metabolic syndrome so that along with the rest of your sarms will work great for you. Did you get everything from www.sarmsx.com?

What makes you think you have metabolic damage? Have you completely stalled out on fat loss?

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Congratulations on losing 32 pounds, that is a major accomplishment. Why do you think you've done metabolic damage? Has your weight loss plateaued? Weight loss plateaus are normal. USUALLY, when this happens, you either decrease calories or Increase energy output. But, in your case I wouldn't decrease my calories any further. Going below BMR for extended periods of time causes problems. Unfortunately, your body has probably adapted to the reduced calorie restriction and therefore you are no longer in a calorie deficit. I would slowly reverse diet back up to maintenance calories, hang there for 2-3 weeks, rest, recover then go back into a calorie deficit of 500cal per day. I had to do 3-4 cuts to go from 24%BF down to 10%BF. Its hard to do it all in one long cut without a plateau.

thanks for the info! I have been dieting for around 10 months with my calories ranging from 2200-1800. i have been eating 1800-2000 per day and I am starting tot plateau. I think my body has adapted to the calorie intake so I want to fix my metabolism. What do you think would be a proper plan to start with getting my calories up to maintenance?

I don't think you have to worry about it. SARMS really take you to the next level, repairing, building lean body mass, help combat cortisol as well as stop muscle wastage.

I know my metabolism has continued to improve as I've gotten older user SARMS and I'm not too effected when I'm in a calorie deficit. That's just been my experience over the years.

I'm definitley hoping the SR9009 has a positive effect on my metabolism and getting it back to optimal levels!

Increase total calories per day by a single increment of 150-250 and leave it for 2 weeks. This will slowly get you back to maintenance with very little worry for fat gain. 250kcal/3500kcal in one lb of fat or muscle is 14 days. So you definitely won't be over eating but you will be supplying your body wit relatively more nutrition. Try to add 200 calories of protein=50g and another 15g of carbs or so. Wait a month, if no bad chaneed are made, add another 150kcal up to 250 again. Repeat this cycle until you find a sweet spot

Last edited:
1900 a day, seems awful low, considering a workout of appx 500cal. Thats puts you are 1400cal per day. Maybe if you weighted 140pds it'd be ok.

thanks for the info! I have been dieting for around 10 months with my calories ranging from 2200-1800. i have been eating 1800-2000 per day and I am starting tot plateau. I think my body has adapted to the calorie intake so I want to fix my metabolism. What do you think would be a proper plan to start with getting my calories up to maintenance?

FitGuy1213 summed it up pretty much....increase your calories 150-250 per day for 2 weeks, then increase them another 100-200 calories per day for another 2 weeks. Do this until you get back to maintenance...maybe take a deload week let your body recover. Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Make sure to recalculate as maintenance will have changed since you lost 32lbs.

FitGuy1213 summed it up pretty much....increase your calories 150-250 per day for 2 weeks, then increase them another 100-200 calories per day for another 2 weeks. Do this until you get back to maintenance...maybe take a deload week let your body recover. Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Make sure to recalculate as maintenance will have changed since you lost 32lbs.

My maintenance calories are set at 2768. How long should I be at that level of maintenance? Instead of increasing them again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My maintenance calories are set at 2768. How long should I be at that level of maintenance? Instead of increasing them again lol

I would stay at maintenance about two weeks before starting to reverse the process in reverse order

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Was 2768 your maintenance before you lost 32lbs or now. Once you reverse diet from 2100 back to 2760 (at a rate of approx. 200cals/day every 2 weeks), hang at maintenance for about 2 weeks. If you start gaining weight during this period then you know 2760 is not your maintenance

Was 2768 your maintenance before you lost 32lbs or now. Once you reverse diet from 2100 back to 2760 (at a rate of approx. 200cals/day every 2 weeks), hang at maintenance for about 2 weeks. If you start gaining weight during this period then you know 2760 is not your maintenance

It would be normal to gain a couple pounds correct? Bc of water weight, glycogen stores, etc. but should I start my sarms cycle now or after I go on my maintenance calories for 2 weeks

It would be normal to gain a couple pounds correct? Bc of water weight, glycogen stores, etc. but should I start my sarms cycle now or after I go on my maintenance calories for 2 weeks

Good point, yes you will probably gain a few pounds due to water/glycogen stores. But this will stabilize rather quickly. For some reason, I initially loose 2-3 pounds the first week coming out of a deficit as I begin increasing calories. I start to look better as my glycogen stores fill as well. When to start your Sarms cycle is up to you I suppose. If you are using them as a cutting cycle, probably best to start them when you go back into a deficit.

I would just wait until after you've built your metabolism back up after being at maintenance. Then start off your cycle fresh with your metabolism back to normal which will be boosted even further from the sarms. Then as you get into your defecit things will take off even better for you

Top Bottom