napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Rest week

Sweetjones

What are the thoughts on taking a week off from lifting on week 6 of my s4,gw cycle and only doin cardio. I've been goin 5-6 days a week and I feel like my body needs a week of no wieghts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Listen to your body. This past week I did 2 workouts...and rested the rest of the time...today I feel great and am ready to kill the weights. Rest is a good thing when you need it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haven't trained in like 3 weeks. I was aggravating an old shoulder injury and my elbows were just straight beat. It sucks but sometimes you gotta do it. But you come back stronger. I've only been doin legs. First day back with upper is today.

Just finished 6 straight days due to scheduling. I feel beat up as well. I may schedule a long weekend off from the gym prior to my next cycle in late April.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

brother, listen closely to me here... i KNOW how hard it is to take time off and if you are training 5-6 days a week, that means you live and breath it so its even harder for you but if your body is telling you this, LISTEN TO IT, PLEASE... you will benefit in a major way from taking this time off bro... you will come back a far different person in the gym... you cannot grow without rest, remember that..

What are the thoughts on taking a week off from lifting on week 6 of my s4,gw cycle and only doin cardio. I've been goin 5-6 days a week and I feel like my body needs a week of no wieghts.

I do this every 6 weeks whether or not I'm on cycle. I do try to time my cycles so that my rest week falls in the middle though - I don't particularly want to take two rest weeks in the same cycle (assuming a 12 week cycle anyways).

Cruise/deload weeks are very important in my opinion. If you're killing your training sessions, it takes a toll on your body. We all know growth is acheived through recovery so listening to your body is key.

i love my time off, i always come back better and stronger. my time off comes in the form of vacations, unless i get sick or injured

Thanks everybody, all valid points. Gonna take the week and relax other than an hour of cardio a day and let the wieghts have a vacation. But when I get back I'm smashing them bitches! The wieghts that is, sorry to all the females.

Thanks everybody, all valid points. Gonna take the week and relax other than an hour of cardio a day and let the wieghts have a vacation. But when I get back I'm smashing them bitches! The wieghts that is, sorry to all the females.

Do some forearm work if you have a grip strengthener if u like til you get back

Top Bottom