napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

To rest day or not to rest day? That is the question

I see no issues doing cardio on rest days as long as it's not HIT. That stresses the CNS too much

yes because your are not lifting on any muscle groups... now, your body needs total rest a few days a week though, so keep that in mind but at least you would not be over working muscle groups lifting and tearing down muscle fibers

I usually just take ful rest days since I don’t really do cardio anyways but was thinking about starting some cardio again. I’m on a three-four days on and one day off In between from the gym

I usually just take ful rest days since I don’t really do cardio anyways but was thinking about starting some cardio again. I’m on a three-four days on and one day off In between from the gym

I hate cardio but I cant ignore the heart benefits and endurance/stamina benefits.

Not that you cant be healthy without a lot of cardio but since I religiously started doing cardio about 10 years ago everything from my blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc went down and is perfect.

I hate cardio but I cant ignore the heart benefits and endurance/stamina benefits.

Not that you cant be healthy without a lot of cardio but since I religiously started doing cardio about 10 years ago everything from my blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc went down and is perfect.
absolutely bro... you know i run 10 miles a day, 5 days a week... obviously some days are far better than others mental wise but i can tell you this.. any day i ever happen to miss cardio, which is just extremely rare... i am the biggest jerk though... its like the main part of my day is missing... its just something you get used to and you cant really do without it

absolutely bro... you know i run 10 miles a day, 5 days a week... obviously some days are far better than others mental wise but i can tell you this.. any day i ever happen to miss cardio, which is just extremely rare... i am the biggest jerk though... its like the main part of my day is missing... its just something you get used to and you cant really do without it

Oh yea no i agree 100% and yea well aware of your running habits wish I could still run but back says otherwise so ill do stairmill or swim for a good 1-2 hours some days.

Ya I prob should start doing cardio I haven’t done it since the police academy and my knees and back are a severe set back. My workouts are on the higher reps /drop set side of things so I get my heart rate going a little more then just lifting a single set of one weight.

Ha I hear ya Dylan I’m the same way if I miss the gym I’m def a jerk and my wife will vouch on that lol

I’m prob going to start doing stairs to help shape my legs and it’s a little easier on my back but I hate how cardio makes me drop so much weight.

I generally lift 4 days a week with HIIT sprints peppered in 2-3 times/wk after my lifts. Of the remainning 3 days I usually rest completely from the gym for 2 of them and on the other day I may do some abs/cardio. I'm sure you've heard this: strength and muscle gains actually occur outside the gym, during periods of rest, not inside the weight room.

It also depends on your goals. If you're trying to cut then get more cardio in, but if you're trying to bulk limit your cardio.

My week usually looks like this:
Mon: Back/Biceps/Calves + Abs + HIIT(10 min total)
Tue: Chest/Triceps + Abs + HIIT
Wed: REST
Thur: Shoulders + Abs + HIIT
Fri: Legs/Biceps + Abs
Sat: REST
Sun: Abs/Cardio

This is what I like to do. When I am bulking, I'll take two full rest days off a week. These are complete rest days, no gym at all.

When I'm cutting or even maintaining, I will go to the gym and do some light cardio and even some abs.

Top Bottom