puritysourcelabs.ru
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: To rest day or not to rest day? That is the question

  1. #1

    To rest day or not to rest day? That is the question

    Rest days are important but would u consider cardio a rest day? No lifting just cardio

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by RUCingdsgainz View Post
    Rest days are important but would u consider cardio a rest day? No lifting just cardio

    You can do cardio as long as you are not lifting anything. Its typically what I do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mansfield, Texas
    Posts
    341
    Sometimes I do cardio and abs on my rest day.

  4. #4
    I see no issues doing cardio on rest days as long as it's not HIT. That stresses the CNS too much

  5. #5
    yes because your are not lifting on any muscle groups... now, your body needs total rest a few days a week though, so keep that in mind but at least you would not be over working muscle groups lifting and tearing down muscle fibers

  6. #6
    I usually just take ful rest days since I don’t really do cardio anyways but was thinking about starting some cardio again. I’m on a three-four days on and one day off In between from the gym

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RUCingdsgainz View Post
    I usually just take ful rest days since I don’t really do cardio anyways but was thinking about starting some cardio again. I’m on a three-four days on and one day off In between from the gym
    I hate cardio but I cant ignore the heart benefits and endurance/stamina benefits.

    Not that you cant be healthy without a lot of cardio but since I religiously started doing cardio about 10 years ago everything from my blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc went down and is perfect.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by awm View Post
    I hate cardio but I cant ignore the heart benefits and endurance/stamina benefits.

    Not that you cant be healthy without a lot of cardio but since I religiously started doing cardio about 10 years ago everything from my blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc went down and is perfect.
    absolutely bro... you know i run 10 miles a day, 5 days a week... obviously some days are far better than others mental wise but i can tell you this.. any day i ever happen to miss cardio, which is just extremely rare... i am the biggest jerk though... its like the main part of my day is missing... its just something you get used to and you cant really do without it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanGemelli View Post
    absolutely bro... you know i run 10 miles a day, 5 days a week... obviously some days are far better than others mental wise but i can tell you this.. any day i ever happen to miss cardio, which is just extremely rare... i am the biggest jerk though... its like the main part of my day is missing... its just something you get used to and you cant really do without it
    Oh yea no i agree 100% and yea well aware of your running habits wish I could still run but back says otherwise so ill do stairmill or swim for a good 1-2 hours some days.

  10. #10
    Ya I prob should start doing cardio I haven’t done it since the police academy and my knees and back are a severe set back. My workouts are on the higher reps /drop set side of things so I get my heart rate going a little more then just lifting a single set of one weight.

    Ha I hear ya Dylan I’m the same way if I miss the gym I’m def a jerk and my wife will vouch on that lol

    I’m prob going to start doing stairs to help shape my legs and it’s a little easier on my back but I hate how cardio makes me drop so much weight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •