napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Recomp Pics

MarkD

I've been working on a Recomp lately as I've posted about before. I managed to condense myself, get a little more compact and dense while still maintaining my strength. I still have a bit of fat on my lower abs which is slowly going away. I'm not a bodybuilder so I'm not trying to attain a certain competition look. I'm walking around at 5'8 200 lbs close to 13% bf (could be lower, I don't have a caliper). I am working towards 190 by April.

2nd from the bottom pic (from today) is a little blurry and the lighting isn't great but you can see the density I have achieved. Everyone I grapple with and some coworkers/people I occasionally lift with always mention how compact and dense I am especially when they hear my weight. I don't at all look to be 200 lbs.

lNcTXs.jpg

VwVUpo.jpg

blcZhn.jpg

From a few weeks ago, back is getting dense, bad lighting.

HE6IRj.jpg

I'd love to know your guys input. I may need to ramp up the cardio to help shed this extra fat. I hate doing standard cardio. I'd like to thicken up my chest just a little too.

Last edited:
I think I speak for several members in saying I just want to know one thing.......Where the hell did you get that pair of under wear lol

Good job bro... Keep pushing forward achieving those gains.

Looking good man, and I hear ya on the lower belly fat, shit is tough to get off, I got it down a lot on my cut but not to where I wanted it. I've been slacking lately and have a nice road to climb come January- February in prep for spring summer.

I think in a lot of instances we are either too hard, or too easy on ourselves bro. You are, like myself, are your own biggest critic. You obviously take a lot of pride in your pecs/shoulder work as they look pretty dense and strong. If I had to critique you and point out a weak area I'd have to say your triceps. I'm not sure if this is you, but a lot of people do the wrong movements for this muscle. I realized years ago as a teen that 75% of your arm mass is in your tricep so I made sure I worked the shit outta them with extensions, pulldowns and presses versus kickbacks and shit like that which are IMO finishing/detail exercises. Richard Simmons did them... so why would I? As I said in the PM this is a long process. Keep your head up, your chin down and kill shit... push yourself and fuck everybody else.

I think I speak for several members in saying I just want to know one thing.......Where the hell did you get that pair of under wear lol

TARGET is the underwear mecca. Hot dogs, pizza, sharks and robots.

Looking great bro. The density and thickness you've achieved is very apparent. I really think if you cut up a little more you will look even bigger, and it will bring out more thickness in your chest as well because bringing in the midsection and tightening up really does wonders on creating that 3D effect. A little extra cardio would help, as well as tightening up the diet a bit more. Keep killing it buddy. You look great

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Looking great bro. The density and thickness you've achieved is very apparent. I really think if you cut up a little more you will look even bigger, and it will bring out more thickness in your chest as well because bringing in the midsection and tightening up really does wonders on creating that 3D effect. A little extra cardio would help, as well as tightening up the diet a bit more. Keep killing it buddy. You look great

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Thanks brothers. That's my goal right now, the cut up. I have my return to grappling competition in April and I am a little too heavy for my height.

Goodjob but your bodyfat is no where even close to 13%. Its closer to 20% or higher.

Def not that high. I work in a facility where I have to calculate clients body fat through either the handheld machine or tape measure. Each has different readings, I've measured with the tape between 15-17 or on the handheld 13-15. Depends on the day and the amount of water I'm holding, the slightest change will throw it off.

I'm not going to argue this with you but I am not 20% bodyfat, that's almost laughable considering I have a thin layer around my lower abdomen. My top 4 abdominals show as do my obliques. 13 could be low bit 20 or above? Come on.

Best method is a caliper but since I don't have access to one right now, I'll have to average between the military tape method and machine. Say 15-16. There would be zero reason for me to even run any sort of AAS at such a high bodyfat percentage.

Doesn't really matter because I'm not body building for competition. The number virtually has zero value to me except for to share with friends here where I am at.

I think you look great! I agree with what Rickrock said!!

MissBizz

Thanks sister! I agree with Rick too. I'm starting a much harder cardio regimen today. I've been keeping the tail end of this run lighter and only using what I need compound wise. Although, I have plans for some simple experimentation after I bridge.

Some back and leg shots. My quad development is a bit unusual but I'm strong as fuck so I don't mind.

Rnbzmv.jpg

wBs1dW.jpg

yXNIOE.jpg

Last edited:
The holidays and my diet being a bit lax let me gain a bit more weight than I wanted too. I work in personal training and sports nutrition but am having such a hard time adjusting and redialing in my diet. I am talking to a few coaches now (leaning heavy towards Dylan aka it will be him unless he says no lol) to help me from an outside perspective get my diet dialed in. I'm a dense 203 lbs as of last night standing at just about 5'8". In BJJ this is fine when I'm training but not for competition. The guys in the 200+ class are all way too tall, fuck their weight it's those limbs that hinder my game so I gotta bring it back and go in fighting at a nice 180-185.

It's my first year back to competing and I want to represent, bring back gold for the team and show the other guys in the area what my game is like.

For example; this was yesterday after BJJ. All density. If I drop that extra weight I'll be a force. Although, my girlfriend loves this look on me.

nweS7l.jpg

Top Bottom