napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

recomp help needed

Kayc93

hey all

I am 5'11" and weigh 178. My bodyfat is around 20%. I know that my bodyfat is too high to do a bulk as it will end up in the wring places (anytime I take in 3k plus calories it all seems to go to my mid-section anyways.

So i was thinking of doing some kind of carb cycling/recomp where I take in high carbs on my 3 heavy lifting day. On the other 4 days do I eat at maintenance and sub out carbs for more proteina and fats? Or just eat my normal protein and fats intake and subtract 3/4's of my carbs out?

Everyday I eat 2 lbs of steak, 6 cups of rice while trying to bulk and it only adds to my midsection at least from my eye test (it might just be bloating from all the carbs.

thnx

at 20% your main focus should be cutting, which means you should be eating at a deficit to get that down... its not a big secret with you eating 2 lbs of steak a day that your body fat is out of whack... thats NOT just bloating, trust me

You're eating 2 lb of steak and 6 cups of rice EVERYDAY?

You're eating 2 lb of steak and 6 cups of rice EVERYDAY?

Fuck that's a lot of red meat man. I use to be a one a day red meat guy then 3 years ago switched to red meat just once a week with either oily fish (salmon ,skin on , mackerel tuna etc ) as my protein staple and chicken, lean pork, Less starchy carbs and more cruficious vegetables . It changed my whole body composition and I now feel fuck loads better . Just my input .

got it. I have been lifting for 5 plus years at 32 yrs old and having a difficult time building muscle. So I figured start eating more carbs to aid with getting larger no? I have some tbol coming and that will be my first cycle figured that would also help to get me dry gains that I could keep most of. The past 6 months I was on a red meat and cruciferous veggie diet and I dropped quite a bit of fat but then I saw that I just kept looking smaller and the last thing i want is to have small muscles....driving me crazy

Last edited:
At 20% high carbs shouldn't even be in your vocabulary.

At 20% body fat, the last thing you should be doing is bulking. You cut down to a far more healthy body fat then you attempt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

got it, thnx, so at 5'11" 180 would you say that eating 70 grams worth of carbs/day is sufficiently low. maintenanc calories for me falls around 2900. I want to make sure that I do not lose anymore muscle. Through my readings it looked like tbol would be a good candidate for this if I wanted to add lean muscle while trying to eat at a deficit.

Last edited:
Holy shit that diet is nuts. Nutrition school would have had a blast with your case.

Carb cycle would be 2 days off one day on at most. It’s not a carb cycle if you’re loading three days a week.
Where’s your fiber intake? If you feel bloated then you need a shit ton more water and a shit ton of fiber. Don’t approve of the diet, but it’ll help at least.

Dylan is right. You should not be bulking. You need to get a healthy diet rolling, and lose whatever you need to. Once you’re cut up, then do a clean bulk diet wise, and a smart cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shit that diet is nuts. Nutrition school would have had a blast with your case.

Carb cycle would be 2 days off one day on at most. It’s not a carb cycle if you’re loading three days a week.
Where’s your fiber intake? If you feel bloated then you need a shit ton more water and a shit ton of fiber. Don’t approve of the diet, but it’ll help at least.

Dylan is right. You should not be bulking. You need to get a healthy diet rolling, and lose whatever you need to. Once you’re cut up, then do a clean bulk diet wise, and a smart cycle.

Solid advice...

got it, thnx, so at 5'11" 180 would you say that eating 70 grams worth of carbs/day is sufficiently low. maintenanc calories for me falls around 2900. I want to make sure that I do not lose anymore muscle. Through my readings it looked like tbol would be a good candidate for this if I wanted to add lean muscle while trying to eat at a deficit.
steroids are COMPLETELY OUT OF THE QUESTION in your current condition... you shouldnt even have that in your vocabulary right now... you also never posted your age

33, Will do, thanks I should have also said that I eat broccoli and/or carrots with my meals.

Last edited:
Here is what I currently look like. I understand: stay away from PEDs. Diversify my diet to include lean proteins salmon chicken etc include more fiber and lower my carb intake. Eat in a deficit to cut excess fat. Anything I can do to make sure I keep as much muscle as possible?
2d4bf1c150ad519a9971a534036da376.jpg

You're not that far away bro. You have a solid foundation. Just work on your diet and up the cardio.

Got it, I’ll keep my protein high, cut back on the carbs. At 180 lbs what is max amount of carbs I can take in. I want to make sure I don’t mess this up

...my goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible, if not gain muscle. Is there anything I can do besides high protein intake to help with this?

Top Bottom