napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Is recomp a good idea?

jdubin94

So I'm at a crossroads. I'm 5"10, 170 and if I had to guess about ~13-15% body fat with about 5 years of lifting experience. My MAIN goal is to get a nice, visible six pack for the spring, so my initial plan was to go on a Sarm cutting cycle. The issue is that: 1) I do not feel as though I need 12 weeks to get to my goal body fat percentage nor do I want to be cutting for another 12 weeks and 2: If I was to strictly cut until my desired body fat &, I will look just a little bit too skinny imo, as far as muscle mass.

For this reason, I'm wondering if a re-comp stack is right for me. As a matter of fact, I think my current physique coupled with my goal of wanting to lose my last few pounds of fat, while wanting to put on some muscle, is a good reason to do a re-comp. That said, I have a few questions. 1, is building muscle while simultaneously burning fat really possible for someone who has been in the gym for a while? If so, do Sarms amplify this potential? Also, over the course of a 12 weeks span, will I achieve less results from a re-comp than if I was to break those 12 weeks up into a cut/bulk? Lastly for now, what is a good recomp stack and how do I go about my calories? I already purchased S4 and GW50516 & SR9009 has I planned to strictly cut. Since losing body fat is my main goal as mentioned, would a good re-comp stack be LG4033, GW50516 & SR9009?

Alternatively, what are your thoughts of using a re-comp stack but to do a 6-8 week cut, followed by a bulk for the remainder of the time?

I know this is a lot of questions but I've never done a re-comp before. Thanks for the help guys!

Here is my current physique.

IMG_8526.jpg

Last edited:
With the help of SARMS, recomps are definitely possible.

Dylan posted a 12 week recomp stack elsewhere on this board ... I do believe it encompassed using the compounds that you described above.

I also think swapping out the LG4033 with RAD-140 would work well for you, as it gives ones physique a harder appearance (LG4033 is often described as a "wet-gainer").

JMTC ... good luck with whatever you decide.

Yes recomp is possible, but you also have to accept taking basically half the results on muscle gain and half the results on fat loss when doing both, versus getting twice the results if you just picked one goal. So its really up to where you prioritize each goal

Yes recomp is possible, but you also have to accept taking basically half the results on muscle gain and half the results on fat loss when doing both, versus getting twice the results if you just picked one goal. So its really up to where you prioritize each goal

I figured. So instead of doing an actual re-comp. Could I use a 12week re-comp stack and allot 6-8 for cut to start and then finish the remainder with a bulk?

What would be a good re-comp stack? I currently have S4, GW, and just bought SR9009, but I am unsure of the legitimacy of it.

I figured. So instead of doing an actual re-comp. Could I use a 12week re-comp stack and allot 6-8 for cut to start and then finish the remainder with a bulk?

What would be a good re-comp stack? I currently have S4, GW, and just bought SR9009, but I am unsure of the legitimacy of it.

what's your source?

what's your source?

Got my S4 and GW from pharma lady but the SR9009 from somewhere else.

Still need guidance on how to achieve my goals from some of the gurus on here. In a nutshell, what is the best re-comp stack, AND instead of doing an actual "re-comp", would it be okay to do 6-8 weeks of cutting and the remainder of the cycle bulking, with this stack? I feel like that shouldn't be a problem, but I ask because you don't typically see that plan being thrown around here.

Last edited:

Yes, you could do it that way, but personally I would go for gains first half of the cycle then cut the last half.

Those are all good sarms for cutting s4 OS a good recomp sarm. I'd add either mk2866 or rad to that as well

Yes, you could do it that way, but personally I would go for gains first half of the cycle then cut the last half.

Those are all good sarms for cutting s4 OS a good recomp sarm. I'd add either mk2866 or rad to that as well

Not LGD4033? I was reading that RAD produces more strength and "harder" looking muscles whereas LGD will yield more mass. Right now I'm kind of looking for mass. Which do you think is better?

I'm thinking:
RAD/LGD
GW
SR

I don't really want to add S4 as I'm trying to just stick to 3. This will be my first cycle.

Last edited:
Rad is great for mass too. Lgd could also be used if you choose to. Either one would be your best choice for mass. Rad is better for lean mass gains, recomp, and hardening than lgd. Lgd may be slightly better for mass.

Rad is great for mass too. Lgd could also be used if you choose to. Either one would be your best choice for mass. Rad is better for lean mass gains, recomp, and hardening than lgd. Lgd may be slightly better for mass.

Rick is spot on and I could not have said it any better .

If this is my first cycle, would it be wiser to use MK2866 instead of RAD140? I was reading that RAD 140 should not be used for first timers because it's pretty intense. Furthermore, I've decided that I'm going to do a partial bulk/cut cycle and afterwards, I'd like to do a legit bulk. I'm wondering if I should save RAD140 for that, or does it make no difference?

If this is my first cycle, would it be wiser to use MK2866 instead of RAD140? I was reading that RAD 140 should not be used for first timers because it's pretty intense. Furthermore, I've decided that I'm going to do a partial bulk/cut cycle and afterwards, I'd like to do a legit bulk. I'm wondering if I should save RAD140 for that, or does it make no difference?

Where you reading this ? I used a RAD, LGD , GW stack for my first 12 week cycle . Did bloods pre, mid and post and got damn good results. check my post out if you get time . If your levels are within good range pre cycle and you eat and train right no problem using RAD in a first cycle . The only sarms I cannot stress enough NOT to use as a first cycle is YK11 and S23 .

Where you reading this ? I used a RAD, LGD , GW stack for my first 12 week cycle . Did bloods pre, mid and post and got damn good results. check my post out if you get time . If your levels are within good range pre cycle and you eat and train right no problem using RAD in a first cycle . The only sarms I cannot stress enough NOT to use as a first cycle is YK11 and S23 .

Forget where I read it. Let me rephrase my question. What would be a good reason to use MK2866 in place of RAD 140?

Forget where I read it. Let me rephrase my question. What would be a good reason to use MK2866 in place of RAD 140?

I have read that RAD causes a bit of aggression in some people, whereas I haven't read the same thing about MK. That MIGHT be a concern to some people who have anger issues.

Healing would be a good reason to use MK2866 in place of RAD. I'd go with RAD, S4 and GW during this recomp, then try LGD for your next bulk. Rad will give you good muscular-aggression, not anger imo

Healing would be a good reason to use MK2866 in place of RAD. I'd go with RAD, S4 and GW during this recomp, then try LGD for your next bulk. Rad will give you good muscular-aggression, not anger imo

That is correct , Mk2866 defiantly has healing properties and will assist with lean gains / strength but RAD will make you stronger, give better gains , far better hardness etc (if your BF is low enough) . ill be honest I have experienced some aggression while on RAD but I was in a hefty deficit at that point and i'm pretty "testy" now and then when on low calories in general so I cannot solely pin that on RAD.

I was thinking about doing RAD, SR, GW, as my main objective is to get shredded. In fact, I was pretty set on taking the SR. I already purchased GW, SR, and S4. If I'm understanding correctly, S4 is mainly added to cutting cycles for the muscle preservation side of things, rather than fat loss enhancement. Would the RAD not be enough for muscle preserving/building purposes, without the S4? If not, how does the S4 benefit on top of the RAD? Lastly, is it more dangerous to do a cycle with all 4?

s4 provides lean muscle gains, muscle hardening and it does help with fat loss... its not dangerous to cycle all 4 and s4 is far different than rad which you will see in the results... if you were comparing s4 to a steroid, it would be winstrol where rad would be more comparable to test.. both being weaker versions of course but running all 4, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE LEGIT SARMS, is completely fine and a damn nice stack... i certainly would not leave out s4...

s4 provides lean muscle gains, muscle hardening and it does help with fat loss... its not dangerous to cycle all 4 and s4 is far different than rad which you will see in the results... if you were comparing s4 to a steroid, it would be winstrol where rad would be more comparable to test.. both being weaker versions of course but running all 4, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE LEGIT SARMS, is completely fine and a damn nice stack... i certainly would not leave out s4...

Thank you for the response Dylan. I'm not doubting that S4 is far different and works by different mechanisms in the body than RAD and might produce different results such as "harder" muscles etc. But I guess I was just thinking that the RAD will be more than sufficient for everything on the muscle preservation/building side of things where GW and SR will take care of the fat loss. You strongly feel that the RAD will be insufficient when it comes to preserving or even building muscle while in a deficit and that S4 is highly advised for that purpose?

Thank you for the response Dylan. I'm not doubting that S4 is far different and works by different mechanisms in the body than RAD and might produce different results such as "harder" muscles etc. But I guess I was just thinking that the RAD will be more than sufficient for everything on the muscle preservation/building side of things where GW and SR will take care of the fat loss. You strongly feel that the RAD will be insufficient when it comes to preserving or even building muscle while in a deficit and that S4 is highly advised for that purpose?

No i do not and i never said that... honestly you are severely overcomplicating this... you are splitting hairs here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom