napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Recomp Cycles Thoughts

Happy Saturday all,

In researching recomp diets and cycles opinions seem to vary wildly.

Some you read say it can't be done - just bulk and cut which was the conventional wisdom when I was following the sport and training as a younger man - I'm even older than 44 is at 47 [emoji41]

Some say if you are new to training or coming back from a long layoff you may recomp if your diet is right but nobody else can.

Diet options go from maintenance, to slightly above while adding cardio, etc.

What is your experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a solid believer in muscle memory. Lift eat, slightly more and rest... your body will respond. Your change can't be abrupt and a complete 180, or you'll cause more confusion that growth. Your body and mind want to be all that it was in its glory days. It may just need some assistance courtesy exogenous IM injections of some motivation sauce to do it due to us being old as dinosaur dung.

I'm a solid believer in muscle memory. Lift eat, slightly more and rest... your body will respond. Your change can't be abrupt and a complete 180, or you'll cause more confusion that growth. Your body and mind want to be all that it was in its glory days. It may just need some assistance courtesy exogenous IM injections of some motivation sauce to do it due to us being old as dinosaur dung.
Hahahahahaha! You are funny as hell, but I think right on! You ever thought about doing a stand up routine in Vegas??

Hahahahahaha! You are funny as hell, but I think right on! You ever thought about doing a stand up routine in Vegas??

Thanks, but I'm not that funny bro. People say I'm funny/crazy as hell, but honestly it's just me being my unfiltered self. I have the luxury of being able to be an asshole 365 days a year.

Happy Saturday all,

In researching recomp diets and cycles opinions seem to vary wildly.

Some you read say it can't be done - just bulk and cut which was the conventional wisdom when I was following the sport and training as a younger man - I'm even older than 44 is at 47 [emoji41]

Some say if you are new to training or coming back from a long layoff you may recomp if your diet is right but nobody else can.

Diet options go from maintenance, to slightly above while adding cardio, etc.

What is your experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think everyone will have differing opinions and strategies when it comes to recomping, but this is something that I pretty much do the majority of the year other than about 8 weeks during the winter when I'm straight bulking and 8 weeks during the summer when I'm straight cutting. The other 36 weeks of the year are spent recomping so it's right up my alley.

My personal strategy that I've found to work well, after extensive trial and error is like this....I lift Monday, Wednesday and Friday which is a high intensity low volume approach. One those workout days I am in a caloric surplus at around 500-1000 over maintenance usually in the form of added carbs and some fats. Those are the days where my last meal is a "cheat meal".

On Sunday's, Tuesday's, and Thursday's I am in a caloric defecit of about 500 calories with an additional 500 defecit coming from my cardio. Diet those days have low fats and moderate carb intake.

Saturday's are generally spent around maintenance.

This strategy allows me growth while staying lean and even dropping a slight amount of bodyfat over time. It's VERY slow in the process but a true Recomp will be. It requires patience but over time if you track with pics and measurements the progress is undeniable If you are performing a true Recomp

Top Bottom