napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Rdw

MP2018

I've been cursing for 4 months 125mg test and 200mg primo. I just got pre-blast bloods and everything is the best I've seen in 3 years. Not surprised because it's the best I've felt in a long time. My only high mark was RDW of 17. Top of normal range is 15.4. I've never had a high RDW value before. I've done some research and seems possible low b12 or iron. I just donated blood 3 months ago and iron was perfect. Does anyone have any insight on what this could be?

right in the middle. I'm not sure what to make of that for sure. Was any of your other numbers high or low, or right at edge of the range?

Everything is right in the middle. That's why I don't understand what it could be.

I honestly would be inclined to not worry too much and retest, but I'm by no means a doctor lol. Basically what RDW means is if you're making new blood cells or not, so this number can fluctuate and may just be an anomaly.

When you give blood your body will compensate by producing more erythropoietin which in turns tells the bone marrow to produce more RBCs. So you'll have new blood cells being produced and lots of old blood cells. New RBCs and old RBCs are different in size which is how RDW is calculated. I have no idea if this could be playing a role, especially 3 months out, but I could see it being a possibility.

Wish I could be more help.

I honestly would be inclined to not worry too much and retest, but I'm by no means a doctor lol. Basically what RDW means is if you're making new blood cells or not, so this number can fluctuate and may just be an anomaly.

When you give blood your body will compensate by producing more erythropoietin which in turns tells the bone marrow to produce more RBCs. So you'll have new blood cells being produced and lots of old blood cells. New RBCs and old RBCs are different in size which is how RDW is calculated. I have no idea if this could be playing a role, especially 3 months out, but I could see it being a possibility.

Wish I could be more help.

I appreciate your time and insight. I agree that I'm not too worried. From what I know I don't believe to worry yet but something to check regularly. I feel great and all my other numbers are perfect.

Thanks again bro!

Read high MCHC could be vitamin B12 deficiency. ..have you read this?

Mine has slowly been increasing and is getting close to upper range. Everything else is good..mcv always on top end, but in range.

Read high MCHC could be vitamin B12 deficiency. ..have you read this?

Mine has slowly been increasing and is getting close to upper range. Everything else is good..mcv always on top end, but in range.
I did read that and will be increasing b12. Thanks brother

Also, from experience, dont draw bloods after you workout. It can throw all sorts of things including WBC.

Not really paying attention or being aware of what i was doing, i literally left the gym one morning and went straight to do labs. That blood report had so many red flags on it...after spending an hour on google i had myself convinced i had some form of cancer or something. Then at the bottom of one page it said..."unless of course you drew bloods following a workout in which case you have nothing to worry about."

Not really paying attention or being aware of what i was doing, i literally left the gym one morning and went straight to do labs. That blood report had so many red flags on it...after spending an hour on google i had myself convinced i had some form of cancer or something. Then at the bottom of one page it said..."unless of course you drew bloods following a workout in which case you have nothing to worry about."

Oh no! Lol I learned that one a long time ago. Same situation as you. I thought I had a few days to live haha

Top Bottom