napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

quick macro meal question

yooo. was doing a meal prep for the week, wanted to know how the macros for this meal were looking. this is just a single meal, hopefully my math is right. just doing fat loss/recomp atm. i do generally keep my carbs low. i didn't subtract fiber from the carbs, it is included.

sweet potato 1376 grams total weight (weighed raw), came out to 1238 calories. 155cal/meal 27.7p/285c/2.1f

chicken breast, boneless skinless, baked. 1254g/1339 cal 167 cal/meal 289.5p/0c/15.5f

baby broccoli florets 3 packages 30cal x 12 servings=360cal 45cal/meal 19p/47c/3.4f

336.2p/332c/21f for the entire batch, split into 8 meals @ 367cal apiece with 42p/41.5c/2.6f

thanks for any opinions

Macros for the meal look fine although your total macros/calories for the day are what counts the most. To lose fat/recomp, you need to be in caloriesdeficit (negative energy balance) which I am sure you know.

I don't subtract fiber from the total carbs to get net carbs. If I set my carbs at 300 for the day, that includes all carbs - simple, complex, fiber and even those from vegetables. IMO when you start subtracting fiber from total carbs things just get complicated, plus fiber still counts as total calories. Take a look at the back of a Quest Bar..the macros and calories don't add up because they base the calories off of net carbs, not total. This maybe fine/useful for those on a low carb diet, but for those that count total calories it throws things off.

Top Bottom