napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Question about AIs and gyno

dominguez

Hello Dylan. I am reaching out to you after having watched some of your videos. I hope you can help me as I really need some help here and it would be more than appreciated.
Long story short, I am taking tamoxifen and anastrozole to deal with a gynecomastia (took Tamoxifen only in the past and suffered a rebound) but I don’t know how to stop both to avoid a rebound again. From my understanding, I should keep taking anastrozole after having stopped Tamoxifen, but how long after? And how should I stop anastrozole to avoid a rebound from it?
Many many many thanks in advance

Anastrozole does not prevent estrogen rebound. You will need a suicide inhibitor like exemestane (aromasin) instead. Dylan does have a good gyno protocol though which I'm sure he will share.

you need to be using aromasin to prevent rebound... you are using the wrong ancillaries... arimidex will not stop rebound... you need a suicide inhibitor and neither of what you are using are one...

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Why do so many people use arimidex without a rebound then? Does that mean that every Arimidex user is going to suffer a rebound after stopping it?
I am also quite concerned about hair loss and I heard that Exemestane is harsher in this regard as it is a steroid and one of its metabolites is very androgenic, having many times more affinity for the androgen receptor as DHT.

I'd rather use Arimidex but trying to avoid the estrogen rebound if there's a way to do that.

Many thanks.

People use adex all the way through, because it's cheap (I did that my first cycle PCT myself and ended up getting a little rebound). The amount of aromasin you will need during PCT is pretty trivial since it's tapering off, so there really aren't any worries as far as side effects. The compounds use used on cycle whether DHT-based or not (test etc. still converts to DHT), will have far more affect on your hairline.

arimidex is NOT a suicide inhibitor as aromasin is... arimidex merely suppresses estrogen... there's not a guarantee you will get rebound but there's always a possibility... you do whatever you want since you seem to know better... good luck to you with your cycle

I am not doing any cycle at the moment.
I took Finasteride which made my gyno worse. Took tamoxifen for four months and it helped, but after stopping I got a rebound and it got worse than it had ever been.
I was told that I should have taken Tamoxifen along with an AI to avoid the estrogen rebound due to the rise in testosterone, so I decided to give it a second go aling with arimidex this time.
What I don't understand is if both medications rise the testosterone level, once I stop them I would, in theory, get a rebound. I've seen many videos on the internet where doctors say Arimidex should be taken, but how can one avoid the rebound? Maybe tappering down?
Once I stop the Tamoxifen, is it recommended to carry on with Arimidex itrself for some time? How long should I drag the tappering down for?
Also, the use of Finasteride should protect me from the hair loss in theory, right?

Thank you.

People use adex all the way through, because it's cheap (I did that my first cycle PCT myself and ended up getting a little rebound). The amount of aromasin you will need during PCT is pretty trivial since it's tapering off, so there really aren't any worries as far as side effects. The compounds use used on cycle whether DHT-based or not (test etc. still converts to DHT), will have far more affect on your hairline.

Hi P0N, thank you for your reply.

What do you mean with "tapering off"? How much would you recommend me to take and how should I stop it? I understand that the risk of hair loss comes from the rise in testosterone the Aromasin might cause (correct me if I am wrong), so in theory a DHT blocker (Finasteride) should protect me from it, right?
In case I can not find Aromasin, how would you recommend me to stop the Arimidex to avoid the rebound? Is there anything I can do in that regard or is it guaranteed I will get one?

Many thanks.

The aromasin shouldn't cause a rise in test but should lower estrogen (proportionally raising test to estrogen if you want to look at it that way). Also I would stay far away from finasteride. It comes with a boatload of serious issues. Any of the approved sources here should be able to provide you with quality aromasin. By tapering of the dosage, I mean that you start the first week of PCT at 12.5mg of aromasin eod, and then start to take less mg less frequently. This you have to kind of feel out, but with aromasin, I don't need an AI at all by the last 2 weeks or so of PCT. If you do end up running arimidex in PCT, you will likely need a full dose throughout, and possibly past PCT to keep estrogen in check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom