napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Question

Christmas

Lately I’ve seen several guys with large definitive biceps but their triceps are flat and forearms really skinny. How does that happen?
As I’ve been building my arms, all the muscles along my entire arm are growing fairly evening, and all bulging out in breadth and direction. My biceps don’t bulge upward much at all but they are wide and long and the arm in general is thicker and larger, and I can curl a nice amount of weight.

Genetics have a lot to do with it, and that part you can't change. If there are weaker areas than others you just to emphasize those areas and give them extra work.

The guys without much forearm width probably aren't doing enough grip work with heavy weights during shrugs, rows, deadlifts, etc

That's why I try to tell people to avoid using lifting straps whenever possible. It's just a crutch that will keep your forearms from developing. Wrist curls and that other forearm crap isn't worth anything really for hypertrophy. Grabbing and holding heavy ass weight is

as pointed out, genetics have A LOT to do with that... some people clearly lift improperly as well or their training regiment is a mess... it can be a number of things but a lot of times, its just genetics

Thanks. Makes a lot of sense. Large biceps look nice, but coming to terms that I’ll have to build a lot of muscle, much more so than another, in that area to get a similar effect.

Top Bottom