napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Question

ckoures

My son is a wrestler. He's light - and tearing his arms to hell and back. He's 133 on a good day - can bench over 190 and has torn his labrum twice and a rotator cuff. He's in season and hurt again and I am looking for some advice. I apologize for not getting the etiquette of this - I'm just a 54 year old mom trying to help my kid. I will take any PM advice you have.

First off, a rotator cuff injury is a very serious injury.

Most rotator cuff tears can be treated without surgery. In fact, only a small minority of patients end up undergoing surgical treatment for a rotator cuff tear.
Non-operative rotator cuff treatments may include:
Physical therapy for the rotator cuff
Anti-Inflammatory Medications
Cortisone injections

If he keeps re-injuring his shoulder he may eventually need a surgical procedure to repair his tendons. Rehabilitation is the next step after surgery and it's a long and tedious process. Perhaps taking some time off from wrestling and letting his shoulder heal is the best option.

ps.... I dont think this was posted in the right place. Can a mod help us out?

Sorry for the delay. Holiday has been busy. I’ll move it to the other section for more replies.

How old is your boy?

My son is a wrestler. He's light - and tearing his arms to hell and back. He's 133 on a good day - can bench over 190 and has torn his labrum twice and a rotator cuff. He's in season and hurt again and I am looking for some advice. I apologize for not getting the etiquette of this - I'm just a 54 year old mom trying to help my kid. I will take any PM advice you have.

I don't see a question here? Are you looking for rehab advice or PED advice for your boy?

How old is your son? I'm guessing he's pretty young, which is entirely way too young for any PED

I managed to acquire a partial thickness tear of my rotator cuff along with an acromioclavicular joint separation in a dirt bike wreck. I was 22 at the time and doctors decided I was on the cusp of the right time to heal and not operate to not make things worse. So here I am 5 years after with physical rehab and all that. Still not the same. My shoulder I landed on still sits about 2 inches lower then the other. On bad days I can't wipe my ass. Don't make guesswork. Go see an orthopedic surgeon and get X-rays/MRI(if you haven't) and find somebody who has a long term solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I managed to acquire a partial thickness tear of my rotator cuff along with an acromioclavicular joint separation in a dirt bike wreck. I was 22 at the time and doctors decided I was on the cusp of the right time to heal and not operate to not make things worse. So here I am 5 years after with physical rehab and all that. Still not the same. My shoulder I landed on still sits about 2 inches lower then the other. On bad days I can't wipe my ass. Don't make guesswork. Go see an orthopedic surgeon and get X-rays/MRI(if you haven't) and find somebody who has a long term solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this is the best advice anyone can give you, right here!

Top Bottom