napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Protein intake

Portelles75

Many websites says that anything over 20 grams of protein every 2hrs is a waist, It will turn into glucose. The most that our muscles consume is 20 grams. How true is this.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Many websites says that anything over 20 grams of protein every 2hrs is a waist, It will turn into glucose. The most that our muscles consume is 20 grams. How true is this.

Bullshit broscience like most things out there.

There are also studies showing tjat you can consume 100g plus of protein in one meal and your body will still be breaking it down into aminos over 24 hours later.

And I know that does work because I did exactly that when I did intermittent fasting. My fast breaking meal was always over 100g of protein with another 2 meals within 8 hours that were another 50-75g each. I gained a LOT of size in the two to three years I did IF

Last edited:
Bullshit broscience like most things out there.

There are also studies showing tjat you can consume 100g plus of protein in one meal and your body will still be breaking it down into aminos over 24 hours later.

And I know that does work because I did exactly that when I did intermittent fasting. My fast breaking meal was always over 100g of protein with another 2 meals within 8 hours that were another 50-75g each. I gained a LOT of size in the two to three years I did IF

Have read this, but never heard anyone say they gained size on IF. Interesting.

Yea. Bodybuilding.com says you can eat 50 grams of protein in one meal and your body will absorb all the protein. Just checking on this. Cause I about to start my Test, EQ Cycle and I want to keep my meals in check.

There may be a little truth in this as regards protein supplements like whey - if you consumed 100 g of whey (which I don't think anyone ever does anyway) a lot would be wasted but as regards actual food it's complete BS. Do you think that if you ate a good size T bone steak which would contain around 100g of protein your body would waste most of the protein? Absolutely not, it would digest slowly over many hours and gradually release amino acids into the bloodstream at a rate your body could properly utilise.

Also if you think about it, it's not that hard to consume 100g of food protein at one sitting, your body does this pretty comfortably which suggests it is able to use all the protein.

Have read this, but never heard anyone say they gained size on IF. Interesting.
IF for me was easier to stay lean but it works like any diet. When I ate at a surplus I gained size just as with a traditional diet. It j8st made it easier for me to stay leaner with a,little more diet leniency while doing so. I do not think it's the most ideal diet when going for size, but it can be done for sure. Obviously well spaced meals throughout the day i still feel is best for optimal growth

Spot on RR. The 20-25g of protein per hour or per 2 hours is a total myth that was very popular a few years back.

I eat 75 grams of protein at a time regularly, and while I'm far from impressive, ive had some great results, if you like anecdotal proof.
There is also a lot of solid science supporting the idea that you can eat significant amounts of protein and make use of most, if not all of it.
That's absolutely true. I still do IF on weekends and it's mostly out of convenience because I sleep in and wake later. That first meal on weekends is still around 100g for me. I've been doing it a long time and it works well for me

Top Bottom