napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Powerlifting/Strongman Thread

tatman567

I am not sure if I am the only powerlifter/strongman on the board but I imagine that can't be the case with so many exceptional athletes I have heard from on this forum. Since training, nutrition, AAS strategies, and goals are often different from BBs, I thought there might be some interest in having a separate thread to post powerlifitng/strongman related topics. I hope it generates some interest and I will do my best to try and post topics regularly.

I'm definitely a bodybuilder, and not a strongman or powerlifter but interested to follow the thread and hear from others

I'm definitely not a power lifter or strong man type guy. But I believe my training and power to weigh ratio is pretty decent for my size. I know I can't hang with guys who do it seriously. Same as body building. I'm just not at pro level. I'm OK with that tho cause I'm just a normal guy with a hard outdoor job and kids to take care of. I know it's no excuse tho for the hardcore lol.

Would like to compete in powerlifting in the future for sure! Right now I want to add some mass then start building some crazy strength [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for following along....I am sure the powerlifters will likely be the minority on the board but I am trying to get several of the people I train with to join the forum and they are definitely powerlifters. So in the interest of generating new members, I figured if there was a thread dedicated to their interests they would feel more at home, stay with us, and have the opportunity to learn from all of the experts like you.

Thanks for following along....I am sure the powerlifters will likely be the minority on the board but I am trying to get several of the people I train with to join the forum and they are definitely powerlifters. So in the interest of generating new members, I figured if there was a thread dedicated to their interests they would feel more at home, stay with us, and have the opportunity to learn from all of the experts like you.

What are your stats and lifts?

What are the going stats for a power lifter? Weight, bench, squats? That type of stuff. I weigh 197 and just posted a video of me doing 405 3 times flathe bench. Just trying to Guage my power to weight. Thanks.

Nice. Definitely interested in following this thread. I'm not a powerlifter but I enjoy all types of training so this is a great addition to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What are the going stats for a power lifter? Weight, bench, squats? That type of stuff. I weigh 197 and just posted a video of me doing 405 3 times flathe bench. Just trying to Guage my power to weight. Thanks.
Yup...bench, deadlift, and squat. How old are you? Regardless of age though, 405 raw bench at 197 is very respectable. My body is 198 and putting up 450 or so raw and he just took first place in the APF Federation at a meet in Michigan for his age and weight...so you would be in the vicinity.

I weigh 160 pounds and my lifts are 305 bench 345 squat and a 445 deadlift. Do you compete raw or geared?

I'm 36. 5 10 and my goal at the end of this cycle is to hit 450 raw bench. That would be cool to be in the realm of winners.

Nice. Definitely interested in following this thread. I'm not a powerlifter but I enjoy all types of training so this is a great addition to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Hope you do follow along...IMO It is good for both powerlifters and bodybuilders to re - examine their training methods and incorporate certain techniques and strategies from the other at certain times to break plateaus.

I used to do 405 squat too. But my lower back has been bothering me again so cut that back to just sets or 225. Deads are a no go zone for me cause of the same reasons

Nice work brother. I can't imagine weighing 290 tho lol. My back , knees, and feet would protest hahaha.
Oh man...it is a daily struggle...no supple leopard here....I have very little flexibility. ...at one point when I was really hitting hard and competing a few years ago, my wife had to put my shoes on for me because I couldn't bend over...my back hurt that bad....I was at 310lbs then...my lifts were much higher but it simply wasn't worth it....getting too old and was never going to break world records anyway so had to weigh the ROI and bring it down a notch.

I weigh 160 pounds and my lifts are 305 bench 345 squat and a 445 deadlift. Do you compete raw or geared?

I have competed geared before but now primarily compete raw...if I was geared....man those lifts would go up but just not into the gear anymore. ..I just don't feel like I am proving anything. ...those are some great stats at your weight....how old are you?

I used to do 405 squat too. But my lower back has been bothering me again so cut that back to just sets or 225. Deads are a no go zone for me cause of the same reasons
Yup...I feel ya...that's why my squat is so low....my hips and back aren't cooperating at 39 like they did at 20

I have competed geared before but now primarily compete raw...if I was geared....man those lifts would go up but just not into the gear anymore. ..I just don't feel like I am proving anything. ...those are some great stats at your weight....how old are you?

That's how I feel. Nothing against people who compete in raw. Just doesn't feel like I've accomplished anything doing it geared. Thank you! Im 21 years old [emoji28] I'm a young buck haha

I bodybuild. I do like to test myself from time to time to keep my functional strength up but I don't train for it at all

Top Bottom