napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Possible Anemia? Suggestions?

Testdude63

So ever since donating blood 4 damn times last year, my hemo, mcv, mchc, etc have all been off. They've never come back despite not donating in over 16 weeks. I have been on prilosec (PPI) for about 3 years to digestive issues and chronic gastritis/esophagealitis. I know this causes lack of iron absorption in many... Can you guys take a look and give me your opinion? When I brought it up to the docs they said, "Yeah, they're off, but we're not too concerned." I told them I was because some days I feel off, and they still won't treat it...

Also, it's probably worthwhile to mention that my systolic is in range (115-130 most days since it varies), but my diastolic has been low (54-58) which is just under the low end of 60.

Any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-11 at 1.56.52 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-12-11 at 1.56.52 PM.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 20
U take anything to counter act it?

That's why I posted it up, to see if anyone has any suggestions :).

I've been considering adding an iron supplement, but am unsure if it will prove any worth due to my lowered stomach acid from the prilosec.

I was doing B12 injections but ran out quite some time ago. May have to snag some again!

I can't really see the sheet, but how were your inflammation markers? My son has Crohn's and this fucked with his B, D vitamins, Iron and such until we got Humira going. You may not have it, but if your markers are indicating inflammation you might wanna get checked.

Well if u find out something holla at me
Will do, brotha!

you wouldnt happent to be of asian or latino descent are you ?
No sir. I'm as Irish as they come lol.

I can't really see the sheet, but how were your inflammation markers? My son has Crohn's and this fucked with his B, D vitamins, Iron and such until we got Humira going. You may not have it, but if your markers are indicating inflammation you might wanna get checked.
That would be a possibility but I had a colonoscopy 3 or so years ago due to digestive issues. It turned out to be H Pylori and they removed a polyp (non-cancerous). They did an upper GI at the same time and didn't find anything hinting at celiac or chron's, but then again there are like 30 feet of intenstines that scopes never reach :/.

I cannot digest TOO much fat very well, but it still digests fine up to roughly 90 grams a day, then I have indigestion. Hmm, hopefully it isn't Chron's! I wish your son the best. It's a bastard to deal with as I have a few friends with it :(.

Top Bottom