napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Peak week and AAS

Carmel cowboy

I have no experience with peak week while using AAS. From the guys that I know who compete they all have their own way which I know should be the case. My question is what have the guys or girls on here done for that crisp, dry grainy look during peak week while using AAS? I have a plan that I have used successfully during peak week of natural bodybuilding contest but not sure how I would alter my plan while using AAS. I would never do anything in an extreme way to jeopardize my health. Here is what I know so far; 1) drop test last week or two prior to show date. 2) increase AI dose. Trying to keep post short but if you need to see what I do during peak week to see possible changes that need to be made while using AAS I will post that. I will be using test, eq, masteron, proviron and winstrol going into show. I will be ready 2 weeks before show time as far as body fat goes so just looking for the best way to manipulate compounds and diet to get that grainy polished look. Thanks for any input!

The concept of peak week is the most asinine concept. If a competitor isn't ready then there's no miracle protocol in the last week that will prepare you.

Having said that; during my Cruise Week; I have dropped all oils and am on a moderate dose of winny and var (go ahead, everyone have a stroke cuz I use anavar)

I also start diuretics Monday. And I mean over the counter diuretics, not lasix.

Monday - Wednesday training is moderate weight upper body circuit. No legs after the previous week.

Thursday we start the carb up leading up to prejudging and the finals.

I also drop any seasoning and water flavor (Crystal Light) on Monday

The concept of peak week is the most asinine concept. If a competitor isn't ready then there's no miracle protocol in the last week that will prepare you.

Having said that; during my Cruise Week; I have dropped all oils and am on a moderate dose of winny and var (go ahead, everyone have a stroke cuz I use anavar)

I also start diuretics Monday. And I mean over the counter diuretics, not lasix.

Monday - Wednesday training is moderate weight upper body circuit. No legs after the previous week.

Thursday we start the carb up leading up to prejudging and the finals.

I also drop any seasoning and water flavor (Crystal Light) on Monday

Thank you for the reply. I like it very simple. I agree with peak week not being a time to drop body fat and miraculously get in the shape that you should have been weeks before. I know you drop all oils the last week but do you use short ester oils going into your cruise week?

I have no experience with peak week while using AAS. From the guys that I know who compete they all have their own way which I know should be the case. My question is what have the guys or girls on here done for that crisp, dry grainy look during peak week while using AAS? I have a plan that I have used successfully during peak week of natural bodybuilding contest but not sure how I would alter my plan while using AAS. I would never do anything in an extreme way to jeopardize my health. Here is what I know so far; 1) drop test last week or two prior to show date. 2) increase AI dose. Trying to keep post short but if you need to see what I do during peak week to see possible changes that need to be made while using AAS I will post that. I will be using test, eq, masteron, proviron and winstrol going into show. I will be ready 2 weeks before show time as far as body fat goes so just looking for the best way to manipulate compounds and diet to get that grainy polished look. Thanks for any input!

I'm also curious as well. I am roughly 20 weeks out from a physique show and need to make some decisions pretty quick myself. I will be running a 16 week cycle of test cyp, eq, RAD140 (12 weeks) GW and S4. What type of test are you using, prop? How far out are you? Will you also be dropping the eq two weeks out?

I just want to emphasize everything that EZ said here and I full agree. I never change my esters and have actually only prepped with long esters because it's what I prefer. That's one if the biggest broscience myths Of all.

Also to emphasize that nothing huge is going to change on peak week. There are a few minor things to do to dry out more but I don't like drastic changes. That is so risky and can end very badly. I like to reduce test down to TRT levels a couple weeks out, but I do not cut out test completely. I increase AI dose a bit also but still nothing drastic. You should look damn near ready to walk on stage at two weeks out. These tweaks should be minimal to changing that

You probably already know this but I wouldn't go drastic on cutting water and sodium either, because you can flatten out like a mother fucker. There's no point in being dry if you look small and soft. The water INSIDE the muscle is what makes you big and hard. Adequate carbs to fill out also needs hydration in the muscle or you'll just be flat.

I just want to emphasize everything that EZ said here and I full agree. I never change my esters and have actually only prepped with long esters because it's what I prefer. That's one if the biggest broscience myths Of all.

Also to emphasize that nothing huge is going to change on peak week. There are a few minor things to do to dry out more but I don't like drastic changes. That is so risky and can end very badly. I like to reduce test down to TRT levels a couple weeks out, but I do not cut out test completely. I increase AI dose a bit also but still nothing drastic. You should look damn near ready to walk on stage at two weeks out. These tweaks should be minimal to changing that

You probably already know this but I wouldn't go drastic on cutting water and sodium either, because you can flatten out like a mother fucker. There's no point in being dry if you look small and soft. The water INSIDE the muscle is what makes you big and hard. Adequate carbs to fill out also needs hydration in the muscle or you'll just be flat.

Completely agree with water and carbs! It is very similar to what I have done. I have read and talked to guys that won't drop all oils but will only reduce dose to maintain so fullness the day of show. I agree the ester has very little to do with water retention. Thank you for the reply it solidifies what I was planning to do.

I'm also curious as well. I am roughly 20 weeks out from a physique show and need to make some decisions pretty quick myself. I will be running a 16 week cycle of test cyp, eq, RAD140 (12 weeks) GW and S4. What type of test are you using, prop? How far out are you? Will you also be dropping the eq two weeks out?

I am going to be starting a 16 week trial prep cycle starting may 21st. I will be using test cyp, eq, masteron, winstrol and proviron into the show.

Bump on the proper sodium and water protocol. These coaches go to extremes and you have guys (and girls) on the razor's edge of dying, yes DYING. Severe attempts at drying out too fast leads to dehydration on show day & you're in a world of hurt.

Last edited:

Hey Rick do you reduce the dose of other oils your using or drop them completely the last week? Like masteron, eq, NPP?

Bump on the proper sodium and water protocol. These coaches go to extremes and you have guys (and girls) on the razor's edge of dying, yes DYING. Sever dehydration on show day & you're in a world of hurt.

I agree! I never drop water at any point and never go to an extreme with sodium. I use what has been working during the whole prep!

This is why the concept of peak week is bogus. We make moderate changes during that week; slowwwwwwwly reducing water intake. Slowwwwwwwly carving up over a 3 day period.

This is why the concept of peak week is bogus. We make moderate changes during that week; slowwwwwwwly reducing water intake. Slowwwwwwwly carving up over a 3 day period.

I have a good understanding of what to do with carbs and water. All my questions are with compounds and what people do during that last week. You wrote that you drop all oils which I have heard of people doing the final week! Whatever you want to call that week you and most people do some type of change to their compounds that's what I am interested in!

Most all severe injuries/death of bodybuilders over the years happen during prejudging or day of show because of deadly diuretics..they scare me. the media always blame steroids, but it can happen to natties too. diuretics are nothing to fuck with. not worth your life..use over the counter like ez does stay away from prescription. it's just a $20 dollar trophy...

Most all severe injuries/death of bodybuilders over the years happen during prejudging or day of show because of deadly diuretics..they scare me. the media always blame steroids, but it can happen to natties too. diuretics are nothing to fuck with. not worth your life..use over the counter like ez does stay away from prescription. it's just a $20 dollar trophy...

I agree bro!! Won't be using a diuretic! Staying very conservative and plan to be ready a couple of weeks before show!

I agree bro!! Won't be using a diuretic! Staying very conservative and plan to be ready a couple of weeks before show!

You can use diuretics, you actually should ...but not BS like lasix or etc. MHP Xpel is part of my protocol during Cruise Week for example.

To go back to your pervoius question about esters; I will say this; I'll run Cyp/EQ in off season and during prep swap the EQ for mast prop & tren ace. So yes I suppose I "change esters" but it's not done in the 11th hour.

Last edited:

My 1st prep my coach told us (close that show) someone in a show the night before someone had died the night before at a show.... My last prep he told us that it almost happened again but the paramedics were able to save the guy.

Is it bad coaching with diuretics? The competitor adding something that the coach doesn't perscribe?

Probably a little of both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom