napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Overtraining advice needed

nogaems

Hi guys,

I am currently at the start of my 3rd week of an Ostarine cycle with a 20mg ed, I am aiming to complete a standard 8 week cycle and so far I have been having decent results although nothing outlandish, which would be in line with my expectations of this substance. This is the first time I have ever taken any sort of "PED"

I do need advice on my training volume though as my current regime is very intense. I train weights 6 times a week sometimes 5, I do training for a contact sport between 2-4 times a week and I have recently started running as I am aiming to complete a marathon style challenge sometime in November. I'm aiming to get my running mileage up to roughly 30 miles a week or so in preparation for this. My weight training is on point as I have been doing it for a few years and know how to train effectively, my sport training more leaves me "beat up" than fatigued so that is fine my question is regarding the running, how realistic is it for me to add this to my current schedule and not encounter serious problems even with the ostarine? My diet and recovery are very good right now and I am cutting down body fat as I am in a 700-900 cal deficit, which is what I initially started the cycle for, but will this training lead to muscle loss/injury/cardiovascular problems in the long run unless something is changed?

i run 10 miles per day and lift another good 45-60 minutes per day... you just have to eat to accommodate this but in terms of overtraining, it shouldnt be an issue unless you are not taking a few rest days... i have to get two days of rest on the weekend personally...

Hey thanks for the response Dylan,

So would you suggest that I reduce my calorie deficit to accommodate the workload and reduce lifting to 5 days a week? I had been thinking of dropping a lifting day and doing a calisthenics day as a way to stay active and reduce fatigue

i would not lift more than 5 times per day... your diet should be based on your goals... thats up to you how you accommodate that but you have to rest man... you have to let your body recovery

Sounds like your over training weight lifting 5-6 days a week and some sort of sport training 3 days a week and on top trying to run 30 miles? I?m guessing your not trying to put on size your more of an endurance athlete. Your calorie intake need to be high to recover.

The important thing is to learn to listen to your body and rest when you need to. It is ok to take a few days or even a week off sometimes. I promise, you will not lose all your muscle mass. The other thing you can try is a "de-load" week where you lift very light so you give your joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles a break.

Top Bottom