napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Overtraining

Ricko6

I am 29 years old, 197 pounds, 5.10, about 8% body fat and have been working out consistently for about 7 years. I recently have completed my first cycle of Test E at 500mg/wk for 12 weeks and saw great results but I think I could have done better. I am planning my second cycle of Test P and NPP and maybe a oral. Not sure what dosages or length I'm going to run yet, but somewhere between 8-11 wks at 300-400mg on both test and NPP. I have always responded better to volume training as in 18-22 sets a week of each muscle group even when I was natural without overtraining. Now that I am on gear I feel like I can take it up a notch. I designed my own workout program that hits each muscle group twice per week with 30+ sets per muscle group in the week. 1 off day and no cardio. Obviously I am going for just mass and not worried about strength what so ever. My diet will consist of 5000 clean calories which I'm already doing so i know I can hit my calorie and macro goals. With me being on gear, having the genetics to beable to do higher volume and eating like a animal, do you think I still run the risk of overtraining?? I have heard conflicting opinions on this subject and would like to know yours. Thankyou!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Typically you can do high volume or high frequency....not both. So if you are doing he volume work and working out everything twice per week p, that is too much for growth and adequate recovery in my opinion. It would be counterproductive. You grow in the kitchen and while resting/recovering and if you try to hit a muscle group too soon that needs longer time to recover because of the high volume, you are only causing more harm than good

Typically you can do high volume or high frequency....not both. So if you are doing he volume work and working out everything twice per week p, that is too much for growth and adequate recovery in my opinion. It would be counterproductive. You grow in the kitchen and while resting/recovering and if you try to hit a muscle group too soon that needs longer time to recover because of the high volume, you are only causing more harm than good

So instead of me doing let's say 15 sets of chest Monday and 15 sets Friday, I should get all 30 sets in on Monday and not train chest for the rest of the week?

So instead of me doing let's say 15 sets of chest Monday and 15 sets Friday, I should get all 30 sets in on Monday and not train chest for the rest of the week?

30 sets for chest in a week just seems extremely high whether it's in one workout or two. I could see something like 9-12 sets twice per week being feasible

30 sets for chest in a week just seems extremely high whether it's in one workout or two. I could see something like 9-12 sets twice per week being feasible

See but like I said before I was doing 9-12 sets twice per week even when I was natty(making more than decent gains). When got on 500mg of test i was doing the same workout routine as I was natty and made awesome gains but I still felt like I could more and could have gotten more out of my training. I would get get done with 12 sets of chest and still want to and could do 2 more finishers for chest and the next day not have a hint of soreness and felt I could train chest just as hard the very next day. Is that just how roids make you feel or do I just have some weird genetics. I get 9+ hours of sleep and like I said before I have no problem eating 5k of clean cals a day so I don't think changing my diet would do anything.

See but like I said before I was doing 9-12 sets twice per week even when I was natty(making more than decent gains). When got on 500mg of test i was doing the same workout routine as I was natty and made awesome gains but I still felt like I could more and could have gotten more out of my training. I would get get done with 12 sets of chest and still want to and could do 2 more finishers for chest and the next day not have a hint of soreness and felt I could train chest just as hard the very next day. Is that just how roids make you feel or do I just have some weird genetics. I get 9+ hours of sleep and like I said before I have no problem eating 5k of clean cals a day so I don't think changing my diet would do anything.

Depends a lot on intensity too. I'm not saying you are half assing it, but if you trained like I did there's no way in hell you could make it past 12-15 sets of chest in a workout. I out everything on the table and train to failure with more time under tension, slow negatives, rest pause sets, etc....

No arguing with that. I go to failure on every last set of each exersice. Will have to re-think my strategys in the gym. So bottom line is that I can still over train while on gear? and would that still applie years down the road when I'm using much higher dosages of gear and more compounds?

No arguing with that. I go to failure on every last set of each exersice. Will have to re-think my strategys in the gym. So bottom line is that I can still over train while on gear? and would that still applie years down the road when I'm using much higher dosages of gear and more compounds?

Absolutely bro. I've overtrained on gear myself more than once, which is why I take a lower volume higher intensity approach to training. Gear or not, you still need adequate recovery

Absolutely bro. I've overtrained on gear myself more than once, which is why I take a lower volume higher intensity approach to training. Gear or not, you still need adequate recovery

Yep, low volume, high intensity and hitting each body part once per week has been my staple over the years

thats beyond true and i completely understand that still being difficult to follow etc... it took me so many years to grasp the concept of the importance of rest... you just make things worse and worse the more you overtrain and eventually end up worse off than when you actually started...

Top Bottom