napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ostarine Cardarine 12 week cut log

K9badger

Hi all,
I decided to do a weekly log to kee myself honest about this cycle and hopefully to be able to see weekly results on paper, even if I’m not seeing it in the mirror. I started today with 20mg cardarine and 25mg osta. My goal is currently to cut down as much as possible for 12 weeks while maintaining strength and muscle.

Current stats:
Height 5’6”
Weight 215
Body fat: visually estimating between 19-21% and that’s conservative based on my ability to store fat predominantly in the lower ab/ hip region

Bench: 405
Squat: Haven’t maxed in 10 years since I was a D1 athlete but working sets are 4-6x10 at 405
Deadlift: same as squats
Hang clean: 4x4 at 285

My hope is to drop to the 200 lb range and then transition to more of a recomp. I’d like to get somewhere around 14% body fat which I think is achievable as long as I’m strict with nutrition.

Nutrition goals are

50-55% protein
20% carbs mostly centered around the workout
25%ish in fats

By the way, cardarine is noticeable on day 1. Pumped out 100lb db shoulder presses for 7 sets of 12, which I haven’t been able to do for years!

Sorry, it definitely wasn’t meant to gloat or anything. Just a bit of pre history showing I definitely shouldn’t show any newbie gains on this experience. Hopefully rebound gains, but 10 years is a looong time for that

Week 1 report.

Weight went up to 217.6 but usually maintaining around 220 throughout the day so a 3.6 lb gain which is easily just water retention due to a huge increase in water Intake. My muscles feel more full but do t feel bloated at all. I’ve noticed much more vascularity that seems to stay around all day long. Usually I have thigh, calf and chest vascularity after working out but now it’s all day which is cool. At 220 I’ve always felt awful and bloated but after this week it feels like I’m actually leaner looking than my usual 214.

Haven’t noticed as to whether ostarine has taken effect yet but cardarine was and has been noticeable. I seem to be able to literally recover mid set during my lifts which allows me to get those extra sets and reps. Cardio is no longer a chore once I go last 30 minutes. I’ve been doing 25 minutes LISS pre lift and either another 35-40 LISS or 20+ minutes HIIT post lifting.

Other points to mention is sleep and hunger. I’m a 3rd shifter but am also on call 24/7 and often go up to 16 hour shifts per day so sleep is a commodity and usually is 4-5 hours at most and usually in chunks. This whole week I’ve been able to get 6-7 hours straight which is awesome. Also I’ve noticed a big increase in hunger. I’d attribute this more to working harder in the gym more than anything else.

Hopefully week 2 shows some weight drop on the scale. If not but I appear to be leaning out, I will likely drop the weigh ins for a couple weeks and go by how I look

I'll be starting my first Ost/Card cycle when my order arrives. Please keep posting, as I will start a thread as well.

Keep up the good work!

Week 2 is in the books.

Weight is currently hovering around 218, so a 2 lb decrease from last week on average. I’m probably going to invest in a tape measure and start going by measurements instead. Again if I was 218 a month ago, I would feel awful and still bloated but I feel leaned out and have started getting comments from people at work about me losing weight within the last couple weeks. I do feel significantly leaner in 2 weeks already and the scale hasn’t budged enough to signify anything so I’m hoping I’m at least recomping. I’ve always been a very easy muscle gainer (went up 32 lbs in lbm first year of college, 46 total) but it’s still early and I’ll let the measurements tell the truth starting this week.

Nutrition wise this last week I’ve had a couple cheat days due to an overwhelming amount of work. Every day after I get dialed right back in to where I want it.

I’ve bumped cardio up to an average of 50-70 minutes per day. I feel like this is the cardarine. It takes much longer to get tired even doing HIIT and the recovery in between is great. Weight sets are easier and I can get more reps out of the same weight.

As for weights, I strained my rotator cuff about 5 days ago and luckily have a spouse as a physical therapist. Working with her and transitioning from heavy weight to more of a CrossFit style workout is what I’ve been doing since and after 5 days I already feel near 100%. I’ve had problems previously with the same shoulder and the healing process is usually at minimum several weeks before I can even go throughout the day without some type of discomfort. As I type this I have no discomfort or pain but will still be going through week 3 doing CrossFit style workouts to keep the heavy strain off.

Also, I plan on logging a little more often as this is appearing to be just a summary of the week and not very in depth. I’d like to see actual stats weekly between my body measurements and show weight progression if there is.

Top Bottom