napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Opinions on protein

JackSteel

Banned
I’ve been reading threads on other boards asking about protein consumption and it kills me to still see people recommending 3g per pound of body weight. It’s just not needed. Not for me, and I honestly don’t believe for anyone no matter their metabolism. What are yalls thoughts. If people were turning 3g per pound into muscle every day we would see people putting on 40-60lbs every cycle of solid mass. Why do vets still suggest this nonsense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive never seen anyone recommend that... thats ridiculous... 2 grams is the max and i really dont see that necessary whatsoever... 1.5 is plenty

Holy balls!...that’s a lot of stress on ones kidneys!. I had to bring my protein intake down since my doctor was concerned about my BUN (37) and BUN/CREATININE (39) levels.

Holy balls!...that’s a lot of stress on ones kidneys!. I had to bring my protein intake down since my doctor was concerned about my BUN (37) and BUN/CREATININE (39) levels.

Same here BUN was 34 which doc thought was from high protein. Outside of that hell no, i eat a very healthy split now between protein,carbs and fats. 3G is absurd! 1G is plenty!

Yeah I was just debating on BOP with guys who say they can’t grow without 3g of protein per pound of lean mass. I said that’s simply wrong and ridiculous and of course that wasn’t taken very well.

Yeah I was just debating on BOP with guys who say they can’t grow without 3g of protein per pound of lean mass. I said that’s simply wrong and ridiculous and of course that wasn’t taken very well.

those are also the guys that are saying anything less then a gram of tren is worthless. gotta take it with a grain of salt. 3G per pound is going to be hard on your kidneys, trust me. That's why i like isarms better, the guys here actually care about their health and longevity

well consider where you were and the kind of people you were probably arguing with bro... dont waste your time lol

those are also the guys that are saying anything less then a gram of tren is worthless. gotta take it with a grain of salt. 3G per pound is going to be hard on your kidneys, trust me. That's why i like isarms better, the guys here actually care about their health and longevity

Yeah, it’s hard to believe their aren’t more rational guys out there that don’t have that mentality of more is always better.

Yeah, it’s hard to believe their aren’t more rational guys out there that don’t have that mentality of more is always better.

I'm not defending them because I really don't have an opinion on the matter of protein however you my friend have superior genetics and it doesn't take much for you. You remind me of Lee Priest because he can fuck off and look like shit and in less than a year turn it all around and look amazing. 95% of guys out there cannot do that.

I'm not defending them because I really don't have an opinion on the matter of protein however you my friend have superior genetics and it doesn't take much for you. You remind me of Lee Priest because he can fuck off and look like shit and in less than a year turn it all around and look amazing. 95% of guys out there cannot do that.

Very true on that but 3 grams per pound is just absurdity. Two grams is A LOT and three is just fucking insane and ultimately could do more harm than good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here BUN was 34 which doc thought was from high protein. Outside of that hell no, i eat a very healthy split now between protein,carbs and fats. 3G is absurd! 1G is plenty!

I agree wholeheartedly brother!

It’s true that genetics would have to play a part in that but I really don’t think that I have better than decent genetics personally but thank you for saying so LOL

It’s true that genetics would have to play a part in that but I really don’t think that I have better than decent genetics personally but thank you for saying so LOL

in fairness, there's been a few times where you have kind of fell off and then it doesnt take you very long at all to pick right back up where you left off... could just be really hard work on your part etc but there's some genetics there too... everything plays a part... knowledge sure doesnt hurt either though, nor does experience...

Genetics can increase protein utilization. I have good genetics for that. But unless I’m doing a double workout, back to back or just twice that day, I don’t need more than 1.5g/lb of lean body mass (1.75g/lb for double workout days). A few months I was taking 2.5g/lb of lean body mass, but that’s also when I found out my body was burning protein for glucose in my interval training while on a low calorie strict keto diet. Truly, I only needed 1.75g/lb then.

I’ve never seen my BUN higher than 7.

Last edited:
I bet the guys eating 3g/lb are burning a lot of that protein for fuel, which is a colossal waste considering how cheap carbs and fat are.

in fairness, there's been a few times where you have kind of fell off and then it doesnt take you very long at all to pick right back up where you left off... could just be really hard work on your part etc but there's some genetics there too... everything plays a part... knowledge sure doesnt hurt either though, nor does experience...

It’s definitely hard work but yes it is easier for some to make quicker changes without any credit due to themselves. Some may simply have a less efficient digestive system and metabolism among other things.

I bet the guys eating 3g/lb are burning a lot of that protein for fuel, which is a colossal waste considering how cheap carbs and fat are.

Agreed. 400g of protein or more on top of probably 2x that in carbs or more plus fat would be like a Ronnie Coleman diet in my opinion. Although I’m sure Ronnie ate probably 600 or so. Just typing that makes me wanna throw up.

Btw I will forever remember your comparison to Lee Priest [emoji1787] he’s my idol

Top Bottom