napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Opinion on Caloric intake, sleep, over training, labs

Jimmyjames

Hey guys, So after my first cycle (Sustanon) I realized I fell short in many areas that probably effected my gains negatively. Life is busy for us normal folks with 9-5 jobs but you want everything perfect for those 12 weeks on cycle or whats the point? if your gonna spend time, $$, and sweat.

Let me break the issues down one by one:

1) Caloric intake:
My diet was clean as clean can be. I was shooting for 3000 cal a day. The usual, oatmeal, brown/rice, chicken, fish, veggies, greek yogurt, beef/bison/steak about 3 x a week etc. I did 1 cheat meal a week which was usually a Big Ass burger somewhere or sushi. Probably too clean considering my goal was to add muscle weight. I'm skinny naturally so gains are a bitch. My metabolism goes 100 mile per hour 24/7, for some people it's a blessing but for someone trying to add quality muscle it's tough.
I was probably barely hitting my protein requirements, I weigh 170lbs and was shooting for 200gm a day. I added 2-4 scoops of whey, but am a big believer in food over protein supps.

2) Lack of sleep:
This is a no brainer. Obvious in today's society. You have to sacrifice in some areas of life and sleep is one of them, I average 5-6 hrs a day. Does it really matter that much?

3) Over training:
So being on, of course I was in the gym 7 days a week for 2 hours on average plus cardio. Is that overkill when on cycle? I'm 40 years old but felt fine. I took a week off the gym after cycle just for the hell of it. I started back yesterday (Started MK and Clomid/Nolva next week)

4) Labs: I know you guys are gonna grill me on this but I did them once at beginning and my natural T was in the 400 range, Dr appt next week to review labs again. I tell my Dr everything, she's cool. She probably would Rx Test if I asked even though my range was fine.

All in all, I would say successful considering I gained about 8lbs of lean mass and kept most of my hair! I used Finasteride .05 and all my hair stuff (another post) EOD. 1mg is too much and caused ED issues, also Arimidex .05 EOD

Hoping to get some feed back from you guys on how you would deal with these issues on next cycle
Thanks,
J

Last edited:
The biggest thing I see here that's a,problem is lifting 7 days a week for 2 hours. Wtf bro. Thetes no way in hell I could ever do that with the way I train.

That's way overkill if you are training like you should be. You can't recover and grow like that. It's completely counterproductive to building new muscle tissue if you can't even repair what you damaged. Remember you grow in the kitchen and while resting, not in the gym!!

Thanks Rick, I needed to hear that!

I thought while on cycle you go balls out, obviously I over did it. Of course some days were lighter than others and sometimes I just did Cardio, Abs, Calves, none the less I was there 7 days a week. Lesson learned. I tend to do everything to the extreme which is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

I know this forum is all about SARMS, PED, steroids, whatever you wanna call it these days! We get caught up in what to take and forget about the basics.Sometimes the solution is right in front of you
J

I'll go ahead and piggy back off RR and vildail....

What's the point in training 7 days a week for a total of 14 hours if you aren't going to ensure you're putting in the nutrients and rest/recovery time to properly recover and maximize that time?

The good news is, this is a learning experience! Man when I started training I was so eager to get bigger and stronger I would brutalize my body in an attempt to cheat or speed up the process. No one is uniquely able to cheat science. I train half as much as I did then, eat 4x as good and sleep and rest twice as much. Needless to say my mind and body have thanked me 1000x over. My gainzz have been exponentially better and I am no longer grasping for straws. Be patient my man. Focus on becoming more efficient and effective in all your do related to your fitness... diet, lifting, routine, recovery, meal prep, variety. And most of all LISTEN to your body and find a routine you like and STICK to it for 6 to 8 weeks before switching up. It takes time to see the results of the work you put in today.

Stick with it bro!

Adding to that piggy back, 7 days a week is too much. What's your definition of balls out? Some people work out and some train. Working out sounds casual while training imo is focused, goal driven and unpleasant in so many ways.

Adding to that piggy back, 7 days a week is too much. What's your definition of balls out? Some people work out and some train. Working out sounds casual while training imo is focused, goal driven and unpleasant in so many ways.

Thanks for all the real feedback guys......

I fuckin knew I was over training, but in my mind I was thinking the juice was compensating. Plus, at my age all kinds of shit can go wrong. I'm starting PCT and I have low back pain (probably from squatting too heavy) and my bicep tendons are killing me, anything you can recommend for that? Like I said, I felt good but knew it was a bit much.

Vildail, I was not thinking about CNS, joints, ligaments.....my ignorance.
Are you guys on board with the old school 4 days in the gym, 3 days off, the Dorian Yates mentality? 44YOGearHead, I train hard, well as hard as I can alone as I don't have a workout partner. But I took all sets to failure and then some drop sets.
Well, you live- you learn right? So glad you guys cleared this up, Next cycle I will know better and have a little more free time!

Thanks again,
J

Last edited:
you should not be training more than 5 days a week.. how on earth could one expect to grow... you never give your muscles a chance to rebuild.. everytime you lift, you are tearing down muscle fibers man... they MUST get rest time to rebuild and grow or you are CONSTANTLY tearing them down.. then the physical and mental fatigue becomes and issue and before you know it, its as if you have a sickness like mono, where you don't want to do fucking anything.. you have to tone it down and understand that maintenance upon yourself and taking rest is required man

Balance out your training by providing adequate recovery and it will do wonders for you bro. I guarantee it

Thanks Rick,

Dylan, you are so right. There where a few times I felt like complete shit....as in Mono or something, I almost went to the Dr. I thought it had to be a hormone imbalance but it was probably over training.

Top Bottom