napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Nutrition Timing

sirjecht

Hi guys,

Probably a pointless question but I have been curious ever since I first heard it a week ago.

I have recently increased my protein intake and in order to reach this I have started protein shakes again. Will be having 2 shakes a day in between meals to reach my macros.

Will be simple whey protein and water. Question I have is should I be adding a small amount of carbs to this? I normally only have carbs for 2 meals and most of my meals are protein/fat. Is there any positive benefit to adding a small amount of carbs to my shake like oats to give my body something to burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are in need of some quick digesting carbs to replenish your glycogen stores and prevent amino acid/muscle breakdown, oats are one of the worst option since they are fiber-rich, complex carbs. Go for something like honey/dextrose but you most likely need it only post workout when you exhaused your glycogen stores...

if you are in need of some quick digesting carbs to replenish your glycogen stores and prevent amino acid/muscle breakdown, oats are one of the worst option since they are fiber-rich, complex carbs. Go for something like honey/dextrose but you most likely need it only post workout when you exhaused your glycogen stores...

Good answer here

Thanks Kael, do you think it’s necessary to add this in though? I don’t eat carbs until around 2pm and second carb meal is at 7pm. I never thought it was an issue. I have a big protein/fat meal at 7am and snack between my main meals with protein and fats. I am getting a large amount of carbs in my two other meals.

just make sure you hit your daily carbs intake from mostly complex sources and if you really need more time those shakes around your workout time when you are in a most catabolic state , it's just that simple...if you wanna mix your shake with oats that's fine too but i'm just telling you carbs from oats are not that easily turned into glucose

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I think I’m more content now. I never thought I was going catabolic. I think I’ll leave everything the same and play it by how I feel.

It all comes down to what your macros are at the end of the day. So adjust your macros accordingly to hit your target

It depends man if your trying to lean out then yes limit carbs but at the same time your body needs carbs for energy and keeping your muscles full. Iv always been a beliver I’m spacing your carbs out evenly during the day. Everyone is differnt tho some people need less and some need more I am one of those who need a lot more lol my body burns through food like it’s tryinf to piss me off by keeping my hungry all the time lol

Top Bottom